Author Topic: Retained list for 2018/19 season  (Read 67884 times)

delbar

• View Profile
Re: Retained list for 2018/19 season
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2018, 09:01:36 AM »
Could argue that wholesale changes are not required.

Most of the team that played at the end of the season were not here at the start of the season. On 2nd half of the season form we're a playoff side.

I agree totally but expect the likes of Rollins, Hemmings or Kabi to look at alternatives maybe at Conference level, be very lucky to secure Middleton and Thompson permanently, and obviously Beesley was recalled by Salford.

Exciting times I think but hope I am wrong on the players above.

jelangley

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2018, 09:46:24 AM »
I think if we are looking to challenge next year we must hold onto hemmings and Tommo - Rollins a bonus obviously although i think Hemmings is total class and much of our creative play comes from him.

Good job by Elliot also giving Hemmings more freedom to play, he did so much better under Elliot than adam.  Either way, if we don't retain Hemmings or Tommy average side, forget the play offs next year.

Could argue that wholesale changes are not required.

Most of the team that played at the end of the season were not here at the start of the season. On 2nd half of the season form we're a playoff side.

I agree totally but expect the likes of Rollins, Hemmings or Kabi to look at alternatives maybe at Conference level, be very lucky to secure Middleton and Thompson permanently, and obviously Beesley was recalled by Salford.

Exciting times I think but hope I am wrong on the players above.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2018, 10:39:22 AM »
Either way, if we don't retain Hemmings or Tommy average side, forget the play offs next year.

You're saying this, before we've made ANY signings.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2018, 11:42:48 AM »
Craig Elliott is very clear about the type and quality of player that best suits this club at this time.  I believe he will be able to bring in the right players to replace any leavers he really wants to keep, but also bolster any position if needed.
So fans, rest easy, have a good break and come back ready for a great journey next season.
United we stand..................

Martyn Bishop

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2018, 01:18:19 PM »
What we've achieved at the end of the season must make us a much more attractive proposition for new players coming in.

brummie exile 1960

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2018, 01:43:23 PM »
I'm happy to trust the choices CE has to make. What will our strike force look like? I actually think Thompson will sign on for a season in preference to a return to Guiseley. Farewell and best wishes to Greg Smith. The ankle injury he got at Trinity was horrendous and I don't think he recovered 100%. My one wish on the retained list is the return of Harry Vince from Matlock. I rate Harry. Will there be a new goalie in the squad? I'm not sure about that one. Looking forward to August but time for a break.

youngchubby69

« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2018, 07:08:02 PM »
There are one or two decent players in Trinity's team worth a look at.

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2018, 07:15:25 AM »

Henrich Ravas perhaps, but otherwise no thank you. They finished where they did for a reason.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2018, 08:46:54 AM »

Henrich Ravas perhaps, but otherwise no thank you. They finished where they did for a reason.

Worsfold could be a good shout
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

youngchubby69

« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2018, 11:25:09 AM »

Worsfold could be a good shout
[/quote
Yes Tash I thought about him, he does score goals and has the experience, sometimes we have lacked that bit of composure in front of goal.
The sort of thing that Adam Boyes does for BPA.

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2018, 12:10:07 PM »
Vinno is on loan at Grantham

tom and jerry

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2018, 04:07:05 PM »
No way will Derby want Ravas to hav another season at Step 2. He'll be in loan somewhere Conf Prem or abroad next season I reckon. Another season in this league will not help his development. Can't see a lot wrong with either Boston keeper myself but don't think Willis will stay if he gets the offer of a number 1 job elsewhere as Stewart is (I think) contracted next season already

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2018, 04:57:20 PM »
I suspect Scott Garner and Tom Denton may be available .

Anyone like to see "elbows" in a pilgrim side next season ?

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2018, 05:27:06 PM »
I suspect Scott Garner and Tom Denton may be available .

Anyone like to see "elbows" in a pilgrim side next season ?

Dont want any of them. Denton no and Garner hard working but no better than we have

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2018, 05:51:16 PM »
I bet central defenders hate playing against Denton, yes the song Denton, Denton your a *** was sang with some vigour but i would have him in our team any day. Our fast and mobile strike force could play off him, hes also great at defending set peices which we have struggled with.