Author Topic: Retained list for 2018/19 season  (Read 66259 times)

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Retained list for 2018/19 season
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2018, 04:27:39 PM »
Andy Thanoj confirmed for next season
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

youngchubby69

« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2018, 07:23:44 PM »
Andy Thanoj confirmed for next season
Get in there that is great news.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2018, 08:04:48 PM »
Let’s just hope that Chesterfield don’t come calling for a proven non lge manager.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

youngchubby69

« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2018, 06:47:32 AM »
Let’s just hope that Chesterfield don’t come calling for a proven non lge manager.
I don't think CE will go anywhere, and everyone seems to forget that he is under contract with us, and his value would have increased substantially after his performance since being at Boston.
These are silly rumours to start,so let's not go there Grimsby obviously have enough cash to pay us off for him and Chesterfield won't either.
So let's let it end here xx

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2018, 08:15:36 AM »
I don't think CE will go anywhere, and everyone seems to forget that he is under contract with us, and his value would have increased substantially after his performance since being at Boston.
These are silly rumours to start,so let's not go there Grimsby obviously have enough cash to pay us off for him and Chesterfield won't either.

What rumours?
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2018, 09:20:46 AM »

Contracts at this level gives fans a false sense of security ,   if a manager or players are wanted by a richer club and they wish to go it is likely they will.

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2018, 10:38:06 AM »
It seems that contracts at any level of football are not worth the paper they are written on.........

youngchubby69

« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2018, 05:10:49 PM »

What rumours?

Sorry but why even bring up , the Grimsby vacancy was started by the media as speculation but then started the rumour mill off.
I don't see the point of even mentioning it, sorry I don't mean offended but I don't think comments like that give fans a sense of security and just causes doubt.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2018, 06:58:40 PM »
You mentioned it...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2018, 07:11:56 PM »

What rumours?

Sorry but why even bring up , the Grimsby vacancy was started by the media as speculation but then started the rumour mill off.
I don't see the point of even mentioning it, sorry I don't mean offended but I don't think comments like that give fans a sense of security and just causes doubt.

It’s called a forum, and the last time I checked we still have freedom of speech in this country. Methinks you do take this too seriously. Do you honestly think the Chesterfield chairman is waiting for the Tash to nudge him in his managerial choice.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

youngchubby69

« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2018, 08:40:26 PM »

What rumours?

It’s called a forum, and the last time I checked we still have freedom of speech in this country. Methinks you do take this too seriously. Do you honestly think the Chesterfield chairman is waiting for the Tash to nudge him in his managerial choice.
Yes this is a forum and I would never complain about anyone's freedom of speech and would never gag anyone,
I just don't want to tempt fate in anyway, we have a cracking manager and staff, best we keep them all to ourselves.
Chesterfield could have Housham he would be good manager to bring them down to our league.

delbar

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2018, 08:27:43 PM »
As on another thread both Gregg Smith and Jamie Mcguire gone already, wholesale changes I suspect.

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2018, 12:30:47 AM »
Could argue that wholesale changes are not required.

Most of the team that played at the end of the season were not here at the start of the season. On 2nd half of the season form we're a playoff side.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2018, 07:40:39 AM »
With so many players available close season, the clear out will be significant. They'll be some good talent out there and CE will hopefully be recruiting well.

TEP

youngchubby69

« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2018, 08:37:45 AM »
I see in the press that Brad McGowan is going under the knife, and vows to come back stronger and fitter, I am surprised that he hasn't had the operation before now.
Will he be here next season who knows, then does Jay require one to?