Author Topic: Retained list for 2018/19 season  (Read 66266 times)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Retained list for 2018/19 season
« Reply #75 on: May 02, 2018, 11:22:16 AM »
I don’t know if Paul Farnham has been injured this season but has only made 13 appearances for the imps. Has spent the last few weeks bench warming and seems to be number 2/3 since loan goalkeeper brought in. If City get promoted it will be interesting to see their retained list for next season.
He would be a great signing, plenty of experience and he impressed when he was here before.

But he'd want to stay in full time football.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 02, 2018, 01:54:53 PM »
http://www.bostonunited.co.uk/news/united-offer-seven-new-deals-2287232.html

CONTRACTED FOR 2018-2019
Brad Abbott
Ryan Qualter
Jon Stewart
Andi Thanoj

OFFERED NEW TERMS FOR 2018-2019
Stephen Brogan
James Clifton
Ashley Hemmings
Jordan Keane
Jay Rollins
Jonathan Wafula
George Willis

RELEASED
Liam Adams
Wes Atkinson
Brad Beatson
Jack Broadhead
Taron Hare
Benny Igiehon
Brad McGowan
Jamie McGuire
Gregg Smith
Kabongo Tshimanga
Harry Vince
Tyrell Waite
Jan Yeomans
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 02, 2018, 01:56:07 PM »
The retained list is out http://www.bostonunited.co.uk/news/united-offer-seven-new-deals-2287232.html

Of those released, a little surprised that Vince, Tshimanga and Adams where not offered something all young players that have shown potential to be good players. However with Vince and Adams spending most of the time Elliot has been here out on loan then this probably expected.

If all those offered terms accept then we've a good foundation to start from there. I would have thought Elliot will try and get Middleton and Thompson if they are out of contract with parent clubs.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 01:58:40 PM by Lee Newell »

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 02, 2018, 02:01:46 PM »
Absolutely GUTTED about Kabongo Tshimanga being released. It's a real surprise we couldn't find a role for him.

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 02, 2018, 02:05:19 PM »
Yes, Pete, that's the stand-out one for me too.

Imp Stalker

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 02, 2018, 02:05:37 PM »
Absolutely GUTTED about Kabongo Tshimanga being released. It's a real surprise we couldn't find a role for him.

Likewise.  In Craig we trust, but though Kabongo definitely had a role to play.

youngchubby69

« Reply #81 on: May 02, 2018, 02:45:59 PM »
Not happy about Vince, Kaba, Adams and McGowan.
But this is a manager who head hunt for promotion, what I mean by that is he wants nearly instant success and will find the players that will give him that.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 02, 2018, 02:51:50 PM »
Not happy about Vince, Kaba, Adams and McGowan.
But this is a manager who head hunt for promotion, what I mean by that is he wants nearly instant success and will find the players that will give him that.

I think you're probably right. These aren't instant impact players, but players with *potential*. Is that something we can really afford at this level and on our budget? Arguably not. With Elliott as ambitious as he is, the luxury of retaining a Vince or a Tshimanga in the hope they might turn into something special is probably not available to us. Doesn't mean I'm not gutted though!

Keynsham Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 02, 2018, 03:01:22 PM »
I agree about Vince but think Kabby may have been a financial decision(although I clearly don’t have access to the accounts). He signed having been released by MK and played some League 2 football (or not due to numbers issues according to a fan I know) at Yeovil last year so may have wanted or already been on a good whack which could be used elsewhere in the squad.

He might also not wanted to do the traveling depending on where he is based so many factors to look at when looking at the list although I am relatively happy and, as has been said, In Craig We Trust.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 02, 2018, 03:26:04 PM »
CE gave Kabby a start in the last 3 matches ,  I guess this was to see what he could achieve over 90 MINS .
The conclusion was probably keeping him he would only be used as a 15min sub . On that basis it is better for both parties that Kabby goes and plies his trade elsewhere .

Like most I enjoyed his goal scoring cameos , I wish him good luck and hope he finds a good club .

youngchubby69

« Reply #85 on: May 02, 2018, 03:27:55 PM »
I think in fairness to Craig, Kaba frustrated him with his lack of ball control, he often gives the ball away and dose not seem to be able to hold the ball up, how many times on Saturday and against Nuneaton did he loose the ball.
The problem is we don't know how much Craig and his staff have tried to improve that part of his game in training.
If you're front men can't hold the ball up and play other players in, you loose the momentum and impetus of attack.
I think us all as fans get frustrated when that happens time and time again.
Clifton was really peed off with him on Saturday, he had a go at him once or twice.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 02, 2018, 03:37:08 PM »
I think in fairness to Craig, Kaba frustrated him with his lack of ball control, he often gives the ball away and dose not seem to be able to hold the ball up, how many times on Saturday and against Nuneaton did he loose the ball.
The problem is we don't know how much Craig and his staff have tried to improve that part of his game in training.
If you're front men can't hold the ball up and play other players in, you loose the momentum and impetus of attack.
Clifton was really peed off with him on Saturday, he had a go at him once or twice.

I think that's a good summing up chubby .

At least with the release of the list we no longer have to speculate on the goalkeeping situation .

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 02, 2018, 03:51:29 PM »

I suppose this goes back to the original point of him being a player of potential rather than him having instant impact or CE being able to trust him in big games, thus being a luxury we can;t afford. He was great to watch and I'm sure he will develop into a good player. Just a shame it won't be with us.

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 02, 2018, 05:40:51 PM »
I'd rather we kept hold of young players and then sent them out on loan for a couple of months at a time to the league below. If they impress, there's then the option to recall them. And the loan club would contribute towards the wages.

youngchubby69

« Reply #89 on: May 02, 2018, 06:25:15 PM »
I'd rather we kept hold of young players and then sent them out on loan for a couple of months at a time to the league below. If they impress, there's then the option to recall them. And the loan club would contribute towards the wages.
I do agree with that TIPS especially these 2, I think they will develop in to real talent's, and what does it say to other young lads in the academy, you will never get a chance to play for the first team.
I just think it's all very sad,or am I missing the point.
Couldn't we have kept them then asked for sponsorship for them.