Author Topic: Retained list for 2018/19 season  (Read 66350 times)

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile

youngchubby69

brummie exile 1960

• View Profile
Re: Retained list for 2018/19 season
« Reply #138 on: June 01, 2018, 09:58:20 PM »
I've just revisited Keane and Hemmings interviews after the Telford game. Two faced is a compliment. Without CE both would be unemployed today. I saw Keane at Southport after a summer with AM and he needed L and R painted on his boots. Hemmings was so lazy under AM he actually put on weight! I am delighted both have gone and I suspect CE hasn't lost any sleep. I am certain their replacements will prove to be inspired signings. 

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 02, 2018, 03:42:37 AM »
I've just revisited Keane and Hemmings interviews after the Telford game. Two faced is a compliment. Without CE both would be unemployed today. I saw Keane at Southport after a summer with AM and he needed L and R painted on his boots. Hemmings was so lazy under AM he actually put on weight! I am delighted both have gone and I suspect CE hasn't lost any sleep. I am certain their replacements will prove to be inspired signings.

Absolutely spot on brummie! What the hell is the fuss about these two anyway?? I watched Keane closely pre & early last season. He would have struggled to get in an average Sunday morning pub side. Did he end up being one of Murray's better signings NO,  Craig Elliot put his boot up his are & said f***** earn your wages, listen to what I say or go! Well he's gone & enjoy yourself on the hatters bench.
Hemmings? Take the 11/12 pens out of the equation & believe me your left with a luxury lightweight. Can he dribble past a man No, has he got pace No, is he about as much use as St Juste last yr Yes. Well done CE, get 2 in with a lot more 2 offer than those 2 did.
 Just wondering Ken; was last season the most penalties we've evet had in the league?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 02, 2018, 10:07:42 AM »

Echo your points about Hemmings ,  In CE post  match interviews he often mentioned having to give Hemmings a push to produce .

Maybe he will not be too sad to see him go .

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 04, 2018, 06:40:04 PM »
Why wouldn’t it be popular, best target man I’ve seen in years at this level. Sooner him giving apposition defenders a hard time than our own.

More likely his team mate Josh Wilde will come to Jakemans .

Josh Wilde will indeed come to Jakemans next season, but it'll be as an Alfreton player.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 04, 2018, 08:00:36 PM »
Why wouldn’t it be popular, best target man I’ve seen in years at this level. Sooner him giving apposition defenders a hard time than our own.

Josh Wilde will indeed come to Jakemans next season, but it'll be as an Alfreton player.

A shame ,  still can,t deprieve Billy of all the best players after his failing to attract Natham .

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 04, 2018, 08:21:37 PM »
For anyone who hasn't seem it - this is a really interesting interview with Nathan Arnold on his move to Boston and his football career in general.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0692bw8

youngchubby69

« Reply #144 on: June 04, 2018, 08:55:05 PM »

A shame ,  still can,t deprieve Billy of all the best players after his failing to attract Natham .

I think it's quite sad that a manager like Billy Heath can only attract players that he has had before, and if you look at the player's they will hold no surprises on the pitch to anyone in this league.
Billy stuck with what he knows at Halifax who had a much bigger budget than Alferton can supply him with, and in the end it did him no good and ended up with him being sacked.
Denton is not anywhere as good as he was, and Pidge just got into a stupid I am harder than you battle, and lost to elbows.
Chester have gone part time this season, that will be for financial reasons, so I don't see them as a threat at all.

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 04, 2018, 10:55:38 PM »

For anyone who hasn't seem it - this is a really interesting interview with Nathan Arnold on his move to Boston and his football career in general.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0692bw8

He speaks very well, and is clearly a thoughtful character. I wish him luck.