Author Topic: v Brackley  (Read 5624 times)

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
v Brackley
« on: March 27, 2018, 08:50:26 AM »
Anyone going ? I'm thinking of popping over there. I like night matches and I'm interested to see how good Brackley are. They could still win the league.

TEP

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
Re: v Brackley
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2018, 07:39:15 PM »
Not many here. Brackley really are poorly supported. Terrible for a team doing so well.

TEP

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2018, 09:37:23 PM »
Not many here. Brackley really are poorly supported. Terrible for a team doing so well.

We've played this lot off the park all second half just scored. 6 crazy mins our keeper is absolutely SHiT

TEP

youngchubby69

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2018, 09:46:57 PM »
Heavy loss tonight 4-1.
Unravelled again in a spell of ten minutes.
Bugger hey!!

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2018, 09:50:30 PM »
Will be interesting to hear whether it all went wrong when we made the 2 substitutions and went to 3-5-2, as it was just after that we lost the first goal.
United we stand..................

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2018, 10:11:26 PM »
Will be interesting to hear whether it all went wrong when we made the 2 substitutions and went to 3-5-2, as it was just after that we lost the first goal.

Spot on. Until subs we were in total control. Actually pulling them all over the shop. Crisp passing short stuff they never carried a threat at all. Then mid second half as we denied stone wall pen hand ball, they counter & 3 crazy goals in 5 mins. Leave last bit to two Brackley fans at full time: how the f**k have we won that 4-1 ??????

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2018, 04:03:13 PM »
Thought we did ok last night for 70 minutes. Brackley are a well organised, solid outfit. No real superstars but they know what they're doing and are very efficient.

They always looked likely to score but the game could have had a different outcome if we'd managed to nick a goal first - just lacking that bit of extra quality / confidence needed to do that.

Not a disaster though. I think CE will know what's required for next season and we'll be ok after a pre-season and recruitment campaign (think we'll be fine and stay up).

TEP

Steviemas

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2018, 05:02:30 PM »
Brackley my favourites to go up via the play offs, they looked a really good side last night, having said that though thought Boston held their own for some parts of the game, last ten minutes of first half and twenty minutes into the second half we were the only side that looked like scoring, but you have to score when on top and we didn't and it cost us dearly.
   Soon as they scored you could see there was only going to be one winner, shame really as I don't think we are that far off being a play off side, just lacking that extra bit of quality which I'm sure Craig will rectify in the summer.
   As a footnote Brackley do remind of North Ferriby, ridiculous small ground with some of the most unenthusiastic supporters I have come across, polite cheers and hand claps when the goals went in made it all seem rather surreal, wish them all the best if they do go up but can't help thinking a la Ferriby, what's the point.

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2018, 11:00:12 PM »
Brackley my favourites to go up via the play offs, they looked a really good side last night, having said that though thought Boston held their own for some parts of the game, last ten minutes of first half and twenty minutes into the second half we were the only side that looked like scoring, but you have to score when on top and we didn't and it cost us dearly.
   Soon as they scored you could see there was only going to be one winner, shame really as I don't think we are that far off being a play off side, just lacking that extra bit of quality which I'm sure Craig will rectify in the summer.
   As a footnote Brackley do remind of North Ferriby, ridiculous small ground with some of the most unenthusiastic supporters I have come across, polite cheers and hand claps when the goals went in made it all seem rather surreal, wish them all the best if they do go up but can't help thinking a la Ferriby, what's the point.

Just reading ur post sm totally agree. Unless they have some unannounced Silverstone benefactor I mean how can they advance? Shit crowds, Wembley, favourites for play offs. Ur right, just like Ferriby who won trophy, got in2 conference & informed talk is they will be out of business pretty soon.

tom and jerry

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2018, 07:23:14 PM »
Don't begrudge Brackley success. They're a well run club and nice people. Ferriby won the trophy. Good on em too. No one vpcan take this away from them. That's 'the point'. Don't be jealous  of others peoples success. It's a poor trait

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2018, 08:56:00 PM »
I have learned over the years to ignore the "stadiums" as I have the shirts boots etc  As they say it's not the pitches they play on or the shirts or boots they wear it's what's in em that counts, and Brackley are the best team I have seen this season and I can see them achieving automatic promotion so we should all give credit where it is due. If this happens it should give us all the belief that we can do the same next season. UTP

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2018, 07:53:13 AM »
Don't begrudge Brackley success. They're a well run club and nice people. Ferriby won the trophy. Good on em too. No one vpcan take this away from them. That's 'the point'. Don't be jealous  of others peoples success. It's a poor trait

That's fair comment t & j ,  never mind the style of play (re:NFU),  both play to the rules and deserve what they get ,  Let's hope Brackley lift the trophy in style and give the Con North a boost .   Not sure about winning play-offs , they have a few seasoned canny players in the squad .!!

I would think fans from other clubs find it ironic that Boston fans begrudge them success considering our past history .
Lets not forget the funding we receive from our backers ,  where will we be when that is withdrawn ?