Author Topic: The relegation scrap is on  (Read 10060 times)

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: The relegation scrap is on
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2018, 08:24:13 PM »
I don't think the Grimsby things has any bearing, it's more to do with other teams playing better than us, we are wasteful in front of goal, and our keeper is poor.
The defence is not good enough, the defence went down hill as soon as Ben Middleton left.
But he is back now so things should get better in that department.
But after our next two games we will be in the relegation places.
I still think we will go down, and that's really our level.
We have to face up to it now, prepare yourself for it,as it is coming.
We are a struggling club on and off the field, the new stadium is just a pipe dream really.
It will be built eventually but not in the next 5 years, and not by the chestnuts.
I have lost total faith in it all.

If you have lost all faith and are convinced we will be relegated go watch somebody else and stop your moaning and groaning on here, it's at these times we need to be behind the club not trying to make everyone else as miserable as you.  UTP.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2018, 08:29:14 PM »
There's a massive difference between the NPL and this league. Nothing wrong with Willis. Experience at this level which current gk isn't I don't think. Mind you, there was not not much wrong with Durrant and money was paid to bring Willis in to replace him. Folks my old game. One things for sure, current side is in just as much danger of relegation at this stage as the lot who were written off as not good enough by many this time last season

Big difference is the wage bill is now much much higher and the club is no further forward

Not being as well informed as you appear to be will you please tell us all what the wage structure is now and what it was before Craig arrived?.

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2018, 07:59:10 AM »
At  least if we are better prepared for relegation with CE having had success in lower leagues .
Two seasons of misery now , low morale , low expectations and declining gates , 
None of us seem to know the answer as to why .

Maybe the vociferous band  of supporters who convinced DN that replacing a manager would improve on play-off positions previously achieved and improve gates can tell  us .?

Excellent post GHM. I have had a break from social media. Still a lifelong season ticket holder with BUFC running through the veins like yourself & most on here. Your theory on the financial aspect of Relegation v Promotion (at present) was indeed Correct. Like u said I've done the maths! Yes I got a bit passionate re: the "R" word, but hey mate your a bit longer in the tooth & like the rest of us nothing at the moment can assure us we WILL have a good enough back 5 to keep us in this League????
You have rationaley stated on here since DG walked that the manager who achieved more ON THE PITCH than DG would be hard to find?? Greene's history at BUFC is his Legacy & those oh so near play off defeats & rapid attacking football was great 2 watch. YES I was critical of that last half season, when he lost a Team! Yes it was tough & tearful at Fylde to take a 9-2 defeat. Rather remember the previous 3 seasons!! Where are we NOW? Any further forward? Remaining fixtures all cup finals! Lap of the Gods? Boston Loyal. X

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2018, 05:02:56 PM »
the last 5 results of 3 losses and two draws are not good reading... up coming fixtures against teams challenging to go up are going to be a big test..
been on the wrong end of some 0-1's .. hopefully get on the right side :)
as OXO says UTP

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2018, 05:48:44 PM »
I still maintain the boss is using these games to have a real look to see if they are up for it. Next season when he can hit the ground running is when i will judge, not when hes come in and tried to rebuild mid season, hes earnt that due to the fantastic run we had.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2018, 08:12:08 PM »
I still maintain the boss is using these games to have a real look to see if they are up for it. Next season when he can hit the ground running is when i will judge, not when hes come in and tried to rebuild mid season, hes earnt that due to the fantastic run we had.

Couldn't agree more. FC

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2018, 09:12:57 PM »
I am not worried one iota, CE will see us safe.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

delbar

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2018, 09:30:41 PM »

Tend to agree, feel the team will look very different next season, many departures through choice, and some not so much.

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2018, 10:30:47 PM »
I sincerely hope CE can fully assembled his own squad next pre season & that we are still playing in the Conference North. I like his calm demeanor & attitude. His success record albeit lower level is excellent. That fantastic run he took us on has given us a chance of staying in this league. With Ferribye gone we are Scrapping like hell not to be one of the other 2 to go down. Some are saying we may need 9 more PTS to stay up?? The remaining fixtures look tough.
 Chorley (a) , Brackley (a) , Kiddi (h) , Nunny (a) , Darlington (a) , Spennymoor (a), BPA (h) , Harrogate (h), Salford (a) , finishing with Telford at home.

I'm backing a squeaky arse escape job but it may be a winner takes all v Telford last game at York Street?

youngchubby69

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2018, 05:32:07 AM »
I don't think the Grimsby things has any bearing, it's more to do with other teams playing better than us, we are wasteful in front of goal, and our keeper is poor.
The defence is not good enough, the defence went down hill as soon as Ben Middleton left.
But he is back now so things should get better in that department.
But after our next two games we will be in the relegation places.
I still think we will go down, and that's really our level.
We have to face up to it now, prepare yourself for it,as it is coming.
We are a struggling club on and off the field, the new stadium is just a pipe dream really.
It will be built eventually but not in the next 5 years, and not by the chestnuts.
I have lost total faith in it all.

If you have lost all faith and are convinced we will be relegated go watch somebody else and stop your moaning and groaning on here, it's at these times we need to be behind the club not trying to make everyone else as miserable as you.  UTP.
I am not a moaner or miserable, and l support this club.
So like you I have the right to voice my opinion, I see in a previous post of yours you were too being negative about our keeper.
So I will not go and moan somewhere else thanks.
But I will not view our situation through rose tinted spectacles.
But we may have to prepare ourselves for the worst.
UTP

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2018, 08:18:41 AM »
Another result in our favour last night with Leamington losing.

TEP

Finchley Tiger

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2018, 10:04:37 AM »
There's a massive difference between the NPL and this league. Nothing wrong with Willis. Experience at this level which current gk isn't I don't think. Mind you, there was not not much wrong with Durrant and money was paid to bring Willis in to replace him. Folks my old game. One things for sure, current side is in just as much danger of relegation at this stage as the lot who were written off as not good enough by many this time last season

Big difference is the wage bill is now much much higher and the club is no further forward

Jon Stewart does have experience at this level. He left Worksop to join Bradford Park Avenue where he was the regular 'keeper for a season (maybe slightly longer) until he joined Shaw Lane. He also played in over 30 games for Alfreton in the Conference National.