Author Topic: CHORLEY ON SATURDAY  (Read 14671 times)

youngchubby69

Re: CHORLEY ON SATURDAY
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2018, 06:29:48 PM »
Great result well done lads!
Absolutely brilliant, fantastic, awesome,mega,superb win.
See very positive today OXO.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2018, 06:47:22 PM »
Keep the faith Chubby. For someone that was prepared to give Murray all the time in the world, you haven't been so kind to CE. We will stay up. We will get better.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2018, 08:26:21 PM »
And they say 7 days is a long time in politics!!

Yesterday it was talk of relegation , next Friday subject to a couple of wins we may well be back in the top halve of the league .

Today in Con Nat Sutton went top of the league ,  if they maintain their form and stay top they will probably be relegated to Con South for next season.

And Jon Stewart kept a clean sheet today !! :angel:

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2018, 08:32:10 PM »
Just got back from Chorley and today proved that we have the right manager to take us forward so up you ,you doubters. As for scoring and parking the bus definately not, we outplayed them in the first half with some excellent football and although it was more even in the second half we never really looked in danger. A game that was allowed to flow by the excellent Rebecca with the whistle. Everyone put a really good shift in and it was very apparent that Craig had sorted out the team all over the park.  UTP.

Wyberton pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2018, 09:07:06 PM »
Agree with your assessment OXO 100%.

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2018, 09:55:31 PM »
Just got back from Chorley and today proved that we have the right manager to take us forward so up you ,you doubters. As for scoring and parking the bus definately not, we outplayed them in the first half with some excellent football and although it was more even in the second half we never really looked in danger. A game that was allowed to flow by the excellent Rebecca with the whistle. Everyone put a really good shift in and it was very apparent that Craig had sorted out the team all over the park.  UTP.

Excellent summary of the game Mel. Also the direction that CE intends to take BUFC towards. His tactics today we're yes perfect! First ten minutes we took it to them with clever one touch football that had them backpedaling to hang on. No surprise at all when Rees got into a neat through ball, could have gone down for a pen, composed himself and stroked it home with the outside of his right peg. Total domination from us midfield, Jamma & Abbott running the show. We should have gone 2 up early in 2nd half another great move put Beeson clean through keeper saved an unlucky scuff if he'd hit it clean 2-0 us. They didn't have a clean shot on target all game. Keeper kicked well today nothing special to do! Great scenes at full time (96 mins) Manager, all players & 70 or so diehards rapturous. Well Lancashire lad that's 6 points we've had off u lot this season!! Boston Loyal X

brummie exile 1960

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2018, 09:59:06 PM »
This time they kept the holy clean sheet. The away play-off leg in 2015 Pidge and Co. never gave them a sniff but Jones and Southwell both missed sitters. Very noisy Utd fans that night. Maybe a 3 hour hold-up on the M62 was the cause.  Stick with CE. He's up for it. DG was up for it as well, but after the Ferriby defeat in the 2016 play-offs, he lost the plot and I think he lost interest. I can still see a bright, new dawn.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2018, 10:33:15 PM »
Today in Con Nat Sutton went top of the league ,  if they maintain their form and stay top they will probably be relegated to Con South for next season.

Sutton have said they will rip up their pitch and take promotion, and stay part time.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Kirtonian

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2018, 02:17:41 AM »
Ah well that's weekends away at Whitby, Buxton and Matlock off the list for places to visit next season. Not going to miss a potential local derby (for me anyway) with Coalville Town. It must have the worst Spoons pub in the country near the ground. Makes the one in Boston look palatial.

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2018, 05:15:25 AM »
This time they kept the holy clean sheet. The away play-off leg in 2015 Pidge and Co. never gave them a sniff but Jones and Southwell both missed sitters. Very noisy Utd fans that night. Maybe a 3 hour hold-up on the M62 was the cause.  Stick with CE. He's up for it. DG was up for it as well, but after the Ferriby defeat in the 2016 play-offs, he lost the plot and I think he lost interest. I can still see a bright, new dawn.

I also think Craig will do really well for us. There is talk that he knows exactly who he wants to add to the squad & the ones departing & that the chestnuts want the business done asap once CN safety is hopefully achieved. Ive got s good feeling about CE. He's pragmatic, wants to take BUFC forward and is  brutally Honest. It would be nice to think A bright new dawn was on the horizon? Nothing guaranteed in football. I backed Adam Murray on here to do the business & with all his best intentions he left us in the bottom 3 & hopeless. I think AM just totally misjudged the type of players required for the conf north at present. Most of his signings were rank. I will say though Keane has developed into a key player & Jamma is a diamond, wish he was 27!! We are Boston we live in Hope & go to Brackley, play like yesterday & we could bring something back? Kiddy & nunny over Easter so really good games coming up. Let's be honest about this:  on AM's departure we looked down & out. Massive credit 2 CE & the players for that great run & let's hope it really is a brave new dawn for the club.

Thanks to Chorley for their excellent hospitality yesterday they made us very welcome & 2 quid a pint, first clean sheet 3 PTS ....can we play u every week??

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2018, 09:05:14 AM »
Lancashire Lad do u have the winning Number of your Magpies 50/50 Half time Draw please. X

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2018, 10:05:33 AM »
Lancashire Lad as obviously your a friendly fan explaining offers eta would be interesting to hear your take as a home fan your take on the game and support etc. Often when at home away support and performance is better than what the home fans give credit for so interested in what you think. Cheers

soccermad67

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2018, 10:58:38 AM »
My Wife and I went to the match and its very pleasing to see Boston Utd out play Chorley, and  to be physical, well done to the whole team and Craig and staff.  also have to mention the Ref,  Rebecca had a good game as well, 

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2018, 12:22:51 PM »
Interesting little fact. Before the game I said to our chairman that I would take a point and get back on the bus right now. He replied I think we all would. As the team warmed up we saw something I certainly have't seen before. David Newton going onto the middle of the pitch and having a discussion with Craig. Whatever was said do it again on Tuesday night David it obviously works.  UTP

Mick lawson

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2018, 01:01:30 PM »
Interesting little fact. Before the game I said to our chairman that I would take a point and get back on the bus right now. He replied I think we all would. As the team warmed up we saw something I certainly have't seen before. David Newton going onto the middle of the pitch and having a discussion with Craig. Whatever was said do it again on Tuesday night David it obviously works.  UTP
I think he said we owe these one do it for the fans who have travelled once again as the team gave and got a good reception at the end of the game