Author Topic: Ooops!  (Read 9530 times)

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Ooops!
« on: March 17, 2018, 05:00:10 PM »
3-0 up and draw 4-4, not what I was expecting.
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Ooops!
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2018, 05:16:05 PM »
3-0 up and draw 4-4, not what I was expecting.

Embarrassing at the back. Schoolboy stuff. time they buck up or go.. We are a better team but our defenders have got to get a grip

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2018, 05:31:08 PM »
Couldn't make it today, I followed it on Twitter. I was as happy as Larry at half time, then once they scored I just knew it was going to be a struggle.
We just don't seem to be able to defend and that will never win you games.
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2018, 05:33:46 PM »
First game in awhile...
They had 4 attempts and scored every one...
We should have had 6...
The defending was school boy stuff...
They should have got nothing from that game.
Thought the ref had a good game... defused a couple of flashpoints early on..
Note to players.. it's not over till the ref blows his whistle.

youngchubby69

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2018, 07:33:23 PM »
A shocking defence, what a joke.
Sort it now or we are going down, unbelievable how wasteful we are in front of goal.
I have serious doubts now that Craig has what it takes to succeed in this league, tactics were very poor and who the hell gives up a 3 goal lead against a rubbish team.
Rollins was awful today, and has been for a while.
What the hell is going on, sat down today freezing my balls off and got to watch a car crash of a second half.
Not one of our players know how to manage a game.

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2018, 07:45:51 PM »
I reckon we need 9 more points to be safe and it could be more.

Where are they are going to come from when we have such a really tough run-in?
Home: Kidderminster, BPA, Harrogate and Telford.
Away: Stockport, Chorley, Brackley, Nuneaton, Darlington, Spennymoor and Salford.
United we stand..................

garry@

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2018, 07:47:55 PM »
At 3 - 1 game was still ours, then our goalie pressed his self destruct button, Willis must be pissing himself at his lack of goalkeeping finesse. The defence don’t know what he’s doing as he just makes wrong decisions, nearly every game he’s made a calamity, and his time wasting antics are joke.

Few niggly things going on and credit to referee who ignored it all from both sides.

We are to light up front with 2 strikers falling down like they’ve been shot, cheating should be booed out of football from all fans. Saying that their no17 was also falling down, embarrassing.

spannerman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2018, 08:12:15 PM »
Very poor goalie and defence , out of the last 3 home games there has only been 8 proper shots on target against us and 8 goals scored ,that says it all .in 2 of the last 3 home games we must of had chances to score 20+ goals so creating plenty and if defence was up to it we would be more than happy with the 7 scored ?

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2018, 08:14:19 PM »
I'm pleased somebody else has criticised the keeper, as I've been far from convinced for weeks. I'm not a Willis fan, but at least he talks, and his back line knows he will come out. For a big keeper, I've never seen somebody less commanding. He doesn't communicate and the defence are constantly guessing whether or not he's coming for the ball. I accept that players at our level have faults, but what a mess we were at the back. Atkinson was shocking at full back, but Elliot was forced to pick him due to Middleton's stupidity last week. 2 points from 12 after such a good run, and against beatable teams. What a shame, but thank god for the previous good run we had, else we would be right in the brown stuff, rather than hovering just above it. God forbid, but Telford at home last day could yet be an all-in for both teams, and last time we were in that scenario, Wrexham stayed up.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

spannerman

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2018, 08:30:03 PM »
Think we only need to panic if we fail to pick any points from games in hand .lets have some
Faith before Murrey left we were in the bottom 3 I think the good run we had and talk of play
Offs has spoiled us a bit .

brummie exile 1960

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2018, 08:41:08 PM »
Closer to relegation than the play-offs. Scary run-in. Plenty for CE to think about. I still think he'll be good for this club. He won't spend the close season in Spain. Anyone who disappoints will be shown the exit door without any fuss.

St Botolphs

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2018, 09:12:24 PM »
Maybe the Elliot bubble has burst, looks like the Shaw Lane brigade who he brought in aren’t good enough at this level afterall

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2018, 09:22:11 PM »
Maybe the Elliot bubble has burst, looks like the Shaw Lane brigade who he brought in aren’t good enough at this level afterall
the proverbial honeymoon may be over, but I think Elliot is a manager with plenty of plusses. Some players make the step up, some don't. He didn't keep trying with Lee Bennett, who did struggle with us, having scored regularly for Shaw Lane. Bottom line, Elliot needs 2 wins for safety, let's hope they come sooner, rather than later.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2018, 09:22:52 PM »

We just have to hope they are good enough to avoid relegation,  as you suggest most the players are not up to standard .    Credit to CE for the outstanding run of wins with the limited talent at his disposal  .

We will have to wait and see what kind of signings he can attract in the close season .

I think we may need more than 6 points for safety TTT,

« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 09:26:03 PM by green hats mate »

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2018, 10:01:13 PM »
It’s about next year not now.  The manager is looking at different players from the past to see if they can cut it.  Sick months ago we saw no shots excitement or passion today 8 goals.  Take the entertainment. Hope FCUM stay up best away days under their away end play northern soul at half time under  the stand in the bar. Great club