Author Topic: All in all  (Read 6185 times)

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
All in all
« on: February 25, 2018, 09:25:23 PM »
All in all thought the results were kind to us this weekend :)
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: All in all
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 04:06:08 AM »
yes

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2018, 08:02:35 AM »
Yes, nice to see none of the teams around us getting 3 points.

Helps keep the slight playoff hopes alive. However March will be a make or break month for our playoff hopes. Next two matches are tough ones against top of the table Harrogate then 3rd Brackley. Then matches against York, Stockport, Chorley and Kidderminster all in March who are all above us and in contention for a playoff place, if we're going to get in the playoffs then these are 6 pointers.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 09:27:52 AM by Lee Newell »

rob.1987

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2018, 09:48:46 AM »
Following our upturn in form under CE, I was surprised to see we are only 5 points clear of the relegation places and only 2 points clear of Tamworth in the first 'safe' spot.

I fear the postponement of the Spennymoor, Brackley and Stockport games, more specifically the subsequent rearrangement to weeknights, will curtail our playoff progress.

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2018, 11:46:53 AM »
Will be wearing our new kit if this weather keeps up?
United we stand..................

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2018, 02:07:01 PM »
I see Spennymoor have the fixture in for 10th April now. They still have 15 matches to play and all to fit into March and April. And they are still in the FA Trophy.

TEP

youngchubby69

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2018, 06:27:50 PM »
Very difficult games to come and we are far from safe yet, I know David Newton said 46 points will see us home but I think that we will need 50 as some of the team's below us are capable of putting a decent run together.
If we get anything out of our next four games we will be lucky.
If we don't collect at least 3 points from those game's,we will be back in the relegation dog fight,
Our last two games have been very poor defensively and if we play like that against the top 7 team's we will get slaughtered.
I am sure Craig will sort it, but no new signings have been made yet, Thompson is now facing a ban and we will struggle without him.
Let's hope I am wrong and we go on to win at least two of them games.

Bunyan

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2018, 07:10:29 PM »
Seems as though it might be a case of the survival of the fittest. Spennymoor, Brackley and Stockport won’t be too happy to have earned replays in the fa trophy. And to put another cat amongst the pigeons I can see the forecasted heavy snow storms this week resulting with many matches being postponed. What chances our own match against Harrogate being called off with snow showers due on Friday and snow/rain on Saturday? Let’s hope it’s still on and that we might get 3 much needed points.
Just seen that the fa trophy replays are due to be played tomorrow night - snow and temperature allowing !!!!!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 07:15:17 PM by Bunyan »

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2018, 09:33:22 PM »
Seems as though it might be a case of the survival of the fittest. Spennymoor, Brackley and Stockport won’t be too happy to have earned replays in the fa trophy. And to put another cat amongst the pigeons I can see the forecasted heavy snow storms this week resulting with many matches being postponed. What chances our own match against Harrogate being called off with snow showers due on Friday and snow/rain on Saturday? Let’s hope it’s still on and that we might get 3 much needed points.
Just seen that the fa trophy replays are due to be played tomorrow night - snow and temperature allowing !!!!!

I guess there will be little chance of the Trophy games of Spennymoor v Bromley   or   Brackley v Stockport matches going ahead tomorrow night judging by the forecasts in those areas.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2018, 10:45:25 AM »
Pitch inspection at Brackley at 12.00 o'clock .

If the game is off it will mean our game at Stockport next Tues will be called off .

Bunyan

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2018, 11:27:12 AM »
I think it is the Brackley match that will be called off for United if match called off tonight. Spennymoor match already called off for tonight. Further success in the trophy will result in two further Saturday matches in March being postponed for successful candidates as trophy semifinals are played over 2 legs. Oh the price of success!

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2018, 12:25:41 PM »
I think it is the Brackley match that will be called off for United if match called off tonight. Spennymoor match already called off for tonight. Further success in the trophy will result in two further Saturday matches in March being postponed for successful candidates as trophy semifinals are played over 2 legs. Oh the price of success!
Pitch inspection at Brackley at 12.00 o'clock .

If the game is off it will mean our game at Stockport next Tues will be called off .

The match is postponed and will now be next Tues 6th Mar, so our match at Brackley that evening will have to be re-arranged.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2018, 08:31:57 PM »
 Very Slim chance of playoffs until Conf National standard defence ,wing backs and defensive midfield in place at least .

Not enough money  :(

Falling home gates and lack of matches also a big worry  .

No use griping at CN teams who have progressed in Cups  :blank:   

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2018, 09:25:40 PM »
all tough games to the end of the season. Still looking below us rather than up at the moment. Daft points dropped against inferior opponents recently have made it almost impossible to get to play offs in my opinion. I just hope that teams below us dont all start getting points as our next few games are very difficult. Keep the faith, but just want this season to be over with so we can plan for next season