Author Topic: FAO Friends of Kim Cocks  (Read 5692 times)

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
FAO Friends of Kim Cocks
« on: February 18, 2018, 11:56:58 AM »
It's just over a year since Kim's passing and on the lunchtime of the Curzon game Jane rang me and asked me to pop round. She gave me a few quid so those of us who new him and who went to the funeral could have a drink for him. As you can imagine I didn't have time at short notice to sort anything out before the game and this last week has been chaos as I've been made redundant and and was closing down the office.
So how does anyone feel about a drink for him before the Harrogate game? Jane gave me £60 and I thought what was left could go towards a square or two on the pitch next season in Kim's name......
I've spoken with Mick but I haven't seen the other guys since the funeral so I'd appreciate you get in touch, I don't come on here much but I can check it this week and next.
Cheers

Andy

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: FAO Friends of Kim Cocks
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 07:48:19 PM »
I will be in there doing my jam jar collection Andy I would love to toast my old mate Kim very much missed at games.  RIP.

Dave H

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2018, 06:50:14 AM »
I'll join you too , will get hold of Gaz and Sue who were good friends of Kim, we all miss the fella so a nice gesture.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 10:32:58 PM »
We'll have to reschedule this due to the game being postponed.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2018, 12:21:40 PM »
Just to bring you up to speed on this;

On Saturday I gave Craig the £60 to sponsor 3 pitch squares in Kim's name for the next couple of seasons.

I hope you'll all agree that Kim would approve of this and I thought it wholly appropriate that the club benefits from Jane's generosity.

I've bought a square in Lisa's name for the last few seasons and at a tenner a time its hardly breaking the bank is it?

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2018, 01:27:53 PM »
Just to bring you up to speed on this;

On Saturday I gave Craig the £60 to sponsor 3 pitch squares in Kim's name for the next couple of seasons.

I hope you'll all agree that Kim would approve of this and I thought it wholly appropriate that the club benefits from Jane's generosity.

I've bought a square in Lisa's name for the last few seasons and at a tenner a time its hardly breaking the bank is it?

That's fantastic Andy and a lovely reminder of a lovely fellow. Kind regards to Jane.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2018, 02:04:51 PM »
Yep I agree, RIP Kim, always in our thoughts.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2018, 07:03:53 PM »
Would it not be a worthwhile thing getting a memorial wall outside the new ground to fans and players no longer with us? Everyone gets a brick or something, make a big thing of it

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2018, 08:04:44 PM »
Would it not be a worthwhile thing getting a memorial wall outside the new ground to fans and players no longer with us? Everyone gets a brick or something, make a big thing of it
I reckon other clubs have run "buy a named brick" for a smallish cost, Sheffield Utd for instance. I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to incorporate something along similar lines, and could be a fund raiser at the same time? I'd happily shill out a few quid to be small part of a non league legacy. I agree that it would be a very fitting way to remember fans, players, or club officials even, who have passed away.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2018, 09:48:31 PM »

Great suggestion Josh I always read the one at the one at FCUTD and a lovely way for friends and relatives to reflect.

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2018, 10:10:06 PM »

Great suggestion Josh I always read the one at the one at FCUTD and a lovely way for friends and relatives to reflect.

Well done Josh. Something with which we can always respect fans that have past on with. It would mean so much to family members.

Also Mel your idea to have a history room inside the new stadium for fans present & future to peruse is excellent.

Sorry I missed u on Saturday Mel, but have counted jar up & will post a tenner to u at York street. Can't get tomorrow night work commitments aagh. Safe travels to all Pilgrims attending. YABA.