Author Topic: Leamington  (Read 7672 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Leamington
« on: February 16, 2018, 04:19:16 PM »
Kaine Felix will not be appearing at YS tomorrow ,  he has left Leamington today due to travel reasons .

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Leamington
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 06:27:22 PM »
I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the rules prevent a player from playing for three clubs in the same league in the same season. Having played for York and Leamington, that would mean he couldn't now sign for us or anyone else in our league. Wouldn't surprise me if he turned up on a short term deal at Tattershall Road though.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 09:15:04 PM »
I understand he lives in or near York, and the issue was that Leamingtons's wages didn't compensate the extra travelling cost. With that in mind, the much reduced wages that Town could offer surely wouldn't go anywhere near making it a viable option for Kaine? More likely someone like Sheffield FC or Shaw Lane might be a better option for him?
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2018, 09:22:44 PM »
I assumed he's living somewhere near Peterborough. Played one game for Deeping Rangers before joining Leamington, can't imagine he'd have played for them if he was still living in York.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2018, 01:11:07 PM »
He used to live in Peterborough, with his family. He moved up to York when he signed for them (full time 2 year contract).
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2018, 07:34:34 PM »
 . Wasn't there to day

. Going to say it was CE s swansong , but latest interview he says 'dismissed as speculation' ..

. Disappointing  attendance again .. could matches be played at 5.15 say to get some Sat league boys in ?

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2018, 09:10:35 PM »
A disappointing afternoon when we simply didn't gel as a team. Couple that with opposition who came to frustrate us and get under our skins, and to be fair, they achieved their game plan. It wasn't pretty, and often wasn't in the spirit of the game, but it worked.

If anything, today showed the frailty of our squad for me. There was nobody out there able to change the game, and by the end we were a combination of the walking wounded and just plain knackered. The only depth to our squad is out on loan, and are those players good enough?

Last week, we bounced back, this week we couldn't. It's a shame we've only a single point from six, against two sides we could have beaten. but, despite the hiccup, a week off next week might allow the tired legs to rest.

Let's hope we can get back to our winning ways, and we must do soon if we still have aspirations of pushing ourselves into the playoff spots.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 09:21:13 PM by The Third Twin »
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2018, 07:58:43 AM »
A bizarre result - but we are bound to have a few hick-ups along the way. Nevertheless Craig will still get BUFC into the promotion spots next season!
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

youngchubby69

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2018, 08:05:29 AM »
Very frustrating game, we never looked like scoring, but let's not get too down about it.
I hope keans injury is not to bad, a terrible goal to give away and I feel we still look shaky at the back since Ben Middleton departed.
The good news is that Kane Felix was in our changing room at halftime, apparently he was asking Craig if he could come back to us.
Can anyone else shed light on that.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2018, 08:58:09 AM »
Here is the link to my public Facebook album with a few snaps from the match:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10156149845539282.1073742003.570994281&type=1&l=7b991cafff

My first game since the one at Harrogate last November - which was Craig Elliott's other National League North defeat. Think I need to find a new pair of lucky underpants before the next visit. :)

delbar

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2018, 11:28:52 AM »
Disappointing performance overall. Bad day at the office but we move on, and i am sure if we was all offered this type of run we had 10 games ago we would have took it.

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2018, 11:53:27 AM »
Very frustrating game, we never looked like scoring, but let's not get too down about it.
I hope keans injury is not to bad, a terrible goal to give away and I feel we still look shaky at the back since Ben Middleton departed.
The good news is that Kane Felix was in our changing room at halftime, apparently he was asking Craig if he could come back to us.
I had heard he had signed for Greene.
A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2018, 05:27:32 PM »
And a few snaps for those that don't do Facebook:

http://www.bufc.drfox.org.uk/leamington170218.html

Not convinced I've got the correct names to the players - too many similar looking players with beards!

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2018, 04:13:12 PM »
Not overly impressed with the right back, Atkinson. No better than Paul Walker I'm.

TEP

youngchubby69

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2018, 04:17:14 PM »
I had heard he had signed for Greene.

Apparently not as they have no money in the budget for him, according to the article in the Boston standard.
He can train with them and play for nothing, according to DG.
What a sad state of affairs for him, let's hope he can get something sorted out with us.