Author Topic: Oh no.........  (Read 22906 times)

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no.........
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2018, 09:00:48 PM »
His contact may say that if a league club comes knocking then he may take up the offer providing said club pays X amount of compensation. If there's desire, anything is possible.

TEP

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2018, 11:59:12 PM »
 Club statement needed .

youngchubby69

« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2018, 02:44:53 AM »
I don't think he will be considered by Grimsby, he has no league experience,he has spent his whole career in non league.
He most probably doesn't even have any league contact's, Grimsby need someone who has contact's and experience as the are in a very bad position and will not want to go down.
I don't see them taking a gamble on someone like Craig, my money is on Phil Brown.
Craig also has a career outside of football, which he probably doesn't want to give up just yet.
Let's not forget that we are not far off league football in the pyramid, no doubt David Newton would love the club to be back there, and who would bet against Craig taking us there anyway.
I agree with Ted, the club need to clear this up ASAP, before it starts to affect the players and our current form, uncertainty is not a positive.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2018, 10:39:36 AM »
has Craig got the relevant coaching badges to manage at EFL level???

Martyn Bishop

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2018, 11:45:29 AM »
A friend of mine who is an avid Grimsby supporter reckons it would be the kiss of death for him.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2018, 02:36:07 PM »
I don't think he will be considered by Grimsby, he has no league experience,he has spent his whole career in non league.
He most probably doesn't even have any league contact's, Grimsby need someone who has contact's and experience as the are in a very bad position and will not want to go down.
I don't see them taking a gamble on someone like Craig, my money is on Phil Brown.
Craig also has a career outside of football, which he probably doesn't want to give up just yet.
Let's not forget that we are not far off league football in the pyramid, no doubt David Newton would love the club to be back there, and who would bet against Craig taking us there anyway.
I agree with Ted, the club need to clear this up ASAP, before it starts to affect the players and our current form, uncertainty is not a positive.

I think DN and CE will inform players of position ,   club can't clear things up until something concrete happens .

youngchubby69

« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2018, 09:45:24 PM »
I see that the media is cranking up the pressure to get Craig away from Boston.
I now call on all of the Boston fans to let Craig know how much we want him to remain at this club on Saturday.
Town End get your banners out, telling him to stay with us.
Let's not let fishy screw us over again.
If we don't we may regret for sometime to come.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2018, 11:53:29 PM »
Marcus Newell the Cleethorpes manager is bigging Craig up in the local Grimsby rag, he is urging Fenty to take a punt on CE. In his opinion having crossed paths with Craig numerous times he has no doubt he can make the step up. Now I have been known to be a cynical old bugger at times so I wonder if Mr Newell thinks he might be able to step into CE’s Boston track suit should Fenty manage to lure Craig away?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 08:16:01 AM by Tash »
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2018, 12:19:40 AM »
Just been told by someone that Twitter saying CE will be approached any day, hope it bullshit

youngchubby69

« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2018, 10:44:38 AM »
It's all just speculation, as I said in a previous post, Grimsby are not in a league position were they are able to a manager with no league experience.
They need safety first and that is what they will focus on in their search.
Look how long it took them to return to the football league, they will definitely not want to relegated again.
They will have to seek permission to speak to Craig, and l can't see DN allowing that considering the Scott and Hurst incident.
Newton would not be shxt on then so l can't see it happening again, unless they offer a 6 figure + sum in compensation, which I don't think they will.
We don't even know if Craig is even interested in the position, I would think not considering he has a career outside of football and would no doubt have to give that up.
Why would Grimsby even want to pay compensation when there is plenty of managers out there with league experience that are free agents.
I have no doubt that DN would not stand in his way if he wanted to leave, but it will come at a substantial cost to Fishy.
So let's ask Craig on Saturday if he is staying with us or not,as simple as that.

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2018, 08:22:59 PM »
With Craig signing another player yesterday that sends out a statement of where his future is. Why buy players IF you are leaving? It is all ear say and BS in my eyes, Grimity will look elsewhere for someone with a bit more knowledge of higher leagues.

Steelihat

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2018, 09:20:32 PM »
“Why would Grimsby even want to pay compensation when there is plenty of managers out there with league experience that are free agents.“

Probably for the same reason DN paid compensation to lure him to Boston

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2018, 08:33:01 PM »
Are we all reassured that CE will be here for the long haul after his interview tonight, or is there a niggling doubt?
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2018, 11:40:19 PM »
Are we all reassured that CE will be here for the long haul after his interview tonight, or is there a niggling doubt?

What interview? ignore that, I found it
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 12:16:11 AM by Crazy Neil »