Author Topic: Oh no.........  (Read 22913 times)

youngchubby69

Re: Oh no.........
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2018, 08:20:18 AM »
Just a bit worried still, but is that Craig's manner and just the way he comes over in his interviews.
We will just have to wait and see.
The presenters thought he would be silly to go to Grimsby and I think the same.

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2018, 08:42:50 AM »
Where is the interview?
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Devon Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2018, 08:57:14 AM »
This mystery interview !!?? Would love to know where it can be found (please!)

youngchubby69

« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2018, 09:28:41 AM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05v8p69

Craig's interview is about 27 minutes in.

Devon Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2018, 10:11:50 AM »
Many thanks YC69

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2018, 01:53:46 AM »
With him saying he was happy here and the fans love him also said that he came here to get Boston back to where it belongs and that has not changed so why is everyone still talking about Grimsby? Even tonight he is saying he may have to bring in a couple of defenders cos we are light in that position, not signs of leaving to me.

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2018, 08:00:09 PM »
With him saying he was happy here and the fans love him also said that he came here to get Boston back to where it belongs and that has not changed so why is everyone still talking about Grimsby? Even tonight he is saying he may have to bring in a couple of defenders cos we are light in that position, not signs of leaving to me.

I agree, let's give this subject a rest!
United we stand..................

youngchubby69

« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2018, 12:16:18 PM »
Yes it's  I agree, let's all just move on.

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2018, 01:49:40 PM »
Do you think that perhaps the uncertainty had a bit of an effect on the team on Saturday?

youngchubby69

« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2018, 02:24:58 PM »
No I think the opposition did a job on us, they set out to waste time, cheat and frustrate from the off.
But in the future we will have to learn how to overcome that, like the good teams do, but it's early doors for this team and I am sure they will have learned a lot from Saturday.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2018, 02:59:13 PM »
No I think the opposition did a job on us, they set out to waste time, cheat and frustrate from the off.
But in the future we will have to learn how to overcome that, like the good teams do, but it's early doors for this team and I am sure they will have learned a lot from Saturday.

They pushed cheating and unsporting behaviour to then next letter. it was vile. I really don't know how you overcome that. If you had to be like that yourself to win then id rather lose. id jack in if i was watching that all the time.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2018, 03:35:01 PM »
They were one of the most blatant cheating teams I have seen.

If I remember correctly they were the same last year.

How an elbow to the face not be classed as violent conduct I do not know.  Surely if the ref saw an elbow it as to be a red card, is that not the rules?

Their keeper runs half the length of the field to try and get one of ours sent off.

I agree, if our lads did what they did I would give up watching them.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

ceamboy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2018, 03:36:57 PM »

They pushed cheating and unsporting behaviour to then next letter. it was vile. I really don't know how you overcome that. If you had to be like that yourself to win then id rather lose. id jack in if i was watching that all the time.

I thought Boston played into their hands by persistently playing long balls down the middle of the pitch, their centre backs just ate everything up, in the last match v Curzon Ashton  C E changed to playing the ball to his wide men and opened up Curzon Ashton , I was very surprised the team didn’t do the same v Leamington , If we had got one goal we would have gone on and won the game, Leamingtons Goalie didn’t have one meaningful decent shot to save all match, One defensive error cost us dearly, but there was plenty of time left to play after that error to rectify the situation,  Admittedly the referee didn’t help one bit, from the start Leamington knew all they had to do to get a free kick was to go down squealing and rolling around, as they say , you can’t win em all, Onwards and Upwards. We could  play much worse and win in future games.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 05:29:42 PM by ceamboy »

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2018, 09:50:23 AM »
Yeah the keeper who cheated to get Greg booked when he never touched him and then the number 3 making out Greg had hit him, so pleased we never stooped to that level to get the points.

Think as supporters we could have got behind the team more, seems like everyone was waiting for an announcement from Board or CE and spent the game chatting about it , BUT, suppose we would have been more vocal had the game been played in the right spirit cos everytime we tried to get some pressure on they would throw themselves to the floor and break the game for a few minutes.

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 02, 2018, 06:50:43 PM »
Grimsby have appointed Michael Jolley as their new manager. I believe he had about two games as our assistant manager after Dennis Greene first arrived. At least the appointment at Grimsby draws a line under the speculation..