Author Topic: Todays game  (Read 10064 times)

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Todays game
« on: February 10, 2018, 09:47:05 AM »
Any chance it will be called off because of a frozen pitch?
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

shorty2kuk

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Todays game
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 09:50:50 AM »
Doubt it. Defrosting nicey

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 04:04:47 PM »
0-2 ht

Maybe defenders with more ability need to be signed  if the Club wishes to see out its play off + ambitions  :blank:

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2018, 04:59:50 PM »
Two points dropped, or a point gained considering the 3-0 down folks ?
Going into the match I had high hopes for yet another win considering their recent form. Mixed feelings on this result, but good fightback none the less !

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2018, 05:26:15 PM »
It could be two points dropped indeed.
I have to say that was one of the best games I've seen down there in many years.
They were very good at set pieces, we were at fault for all their goals. The lads never gave up, most teams would have, 3-0 down with 20 minutes left, I for one was happy with a draw.
Roll on next Saturday, more of that please.
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2018, 05:28:59 PM »
 Admirable fightback , the likes of Abbott have booked their place for next term ..

Stand by my comment above though  :angel:

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2018, 05:42:43 PM »
Abbott is already contracted for next season.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

youngchubby69

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2018, 05:42:54 PM »
Poor defending at set pieces, cost us 2 goals, not starting with Greg was not a good idea he always give you an extra defender at set pieces.
Good come back, but we were wasteful in front of goal in the first half.
We won't get away with that  against the better sides.

Mick lawson

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2018, 05:46:49 PM »
Admirable fightback , the likes of Abbott have booked their place for next term ..

I think Craig has learnt a lot about a few players today a lot of good things a few bad.every week Greg Smith gets slagged off for doing nothing in a game. Well today he certainly changed the game  he didn't score but won some headers won free kicks and generally kept there defence on there toes made room for Thompson who had been quiet up till he came on.only downside of today's game kabby not making the most of his starting place he had the chance to prove a Point today but wasn't in the game

youngchubby69

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2018, 05:49:55 PM »
Sorry that came across as a negative comment, but we are 9 unbeaten now and that is still a massive achievement, and especially considering were we were before Christmas.
I do admire the fighting never say die attitude of this team.
Keep believing everyone, I still think we will have a phenomenal team next season.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2018, 06:22:00 PM »
Did more than enough to win, got done every time they went over half way, kabongo isn't a starter yet
Disappointed.

Poor crowd too.....

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2018, 06:36:15 PM »
My opinion on the match.
3 very good saves by their goalie in the first half in which we dominated . I  thought our keeper could have done better for two of the goals. I  thought we were very unlucky to be losing at half time.  The ref was very bias and let them get away with a lot. Sounds silly but at 3 0 down  I  though we would go on and win it, that's how dominant we were.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

youngchubby69

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2018, 07:39:24 PM »

I think Craig has learnt a lot about a few players today a lot of good things a few bad.every week Greg Smith gets slagged off for doing nothing in a game. Well today he certainly changed the game  he didn't score but won some headers won free kicks and generally kept there defence on there toes made room for Thompson who had been quiet up till he came on.only downside of today's game kabby not making the most of his starting place he had the chance to prove a Point today but wasn't in the game

He is just not a starter Mick, l agree totally about Greg he battlles hard and defenders hate him.
I think Kabba will carry on being the super sub, shame but not a bad sub to have.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2018, 09:04:05 PM »
Poor defending at set pieces, cost us 2 goals, not starting with Greg was not a good idea he always give you an extra defender at set pieces.
Good come back, but we were wasteful in front of goal in the first half.
We won't get away with that  against the better sides.
Although I can't get to games I have to agree we seem better with Greg starting and Kabongo hitting the goals from the bench. Maybe Gregs power was what we was missing during the early parts of the match ? He might not be pretty but he certainly adds that something to the team which worries the opposition. The manager is certainly providing a team worthy of appraisal though at that is all we ask.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2018, 09:21:21 PM »
Horses for courses. It was a day for Gregg to batter them around on a pitch which would churn up, then against tired legs, put kabby on. Remember they played midweek too and looked like they were gone at 3-3