Author Topic: Does anyone actually know  (Read 5323 times)

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Does anyone actually know
« on: February 04, 2018, 09:34:33 AM »
Who's playing for us now?
I read the 'team' profile page and i'm sure some have now either gone out on loan, or departed the club.
As Toyah sang, it's a mystery, it's a mystery!!  ;D ;D
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone actually know
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 02:53:21 PM »
Possibly...

GK Willis, Stewart
DF Atkinson, Clifton, Hare, Brogan, Keane, Qualter, McGowan
MF Abbott, Hemmings, Maguire, Thanoj, Rollins
FW Smith, Thompson, Tshimanga

Out on loan or dual registration are...

DF Beatson, Walker, Yeomans
MF Vince, Broadhead, Adams
FW Bennett, Waite
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 02:55:45 PM by The Third Twin »
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 05:01:07 PM »
 Keep trading , I think we trust this Manager to do better in this than many recent incumbents  :angel:

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2018, 12:09:52 AM »
Thing that gets me is that AM studied the players he wanted to make sure they fit in with his plans, so how did he get it so wrong? I know CE has loaned some out but the ones he kept look different players now.

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2018, 10:44:11 AM »
42 players have been used in our 37 competitive matches this season so far.
United we stand..................

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2018, 11:07:49 AM »
i really dont know why we look at players used. its non league. we are in a difficult area players come and go. players life change and unlike levels above they dont get X amount of 1000 to cover the cost of changes.  Lower budget teams need to take chances on players and like all chances some pay some dont. Theres always going to be a big turn around of players unless you have the budget to always know what your getting both on and of the field. AM way may work with a team that as a good wage to pay more than it would a team with low wages. He was looking for the perfect players at this level and like when you go for any job, you always make yourself look better to fit that bracket

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2018, 12:08:23 PM »
i really dont know why we look at players used. its non league. we are in a difficult area players come and go. players life change and unlike levels above they dont get X amount of 1000 to cover the cost of changes.  Lower budget teams need to take chances on players and like all chances some pay some dont. Theres always going to be a big turn around of players unless you have the budget to always know what your getting both on and of the field. AM way may work with a team that as a good wage to pay more than it would a team with low wages. He was looking for the perfect players at this level and like when you go for any job, you always make yourself look better to fit that bracket

It wasn’t a criticism, merely a statement of fact.  I agree that the fluidity of movement at this level is to be expected and I  think our squad has now been distilled into a very good unit.
Just hope the current cold spell doesn’t interfere with Saturday’s match which l am looking forward to.
United we stand..................

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2018, 12:15:50 PM »

It wasn’t a criticism, merely a statement of fact.  I agree that the fluidity of movement at this level is to be expected and I  think our squad has now been distilled into a very good unit.
Just hope the current cold spell doesn’t interfere with Saturday’s match which l am looking forward to.

Saturday Should be fine barring a met office u-turn in weather. Dont think we seen the end of the player in and out yet. I can see a few more ins yet and still see a few more changes in the summer. CE is having to work with available signings at the moment but im sure theres still a few he would rather have

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2018, 06:30:22 PM »
 A good big Def , a good big midfielder  :angel: