Author Topic: Lee Bennett out on loan..  (Read 7498 times)

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Lee Bennett out on loan..
« on: February 03, 2018, 04:58:35 PM »
Craig Elliot's certainly not afraid to ring the changes. Lee Bennett hasn't clicked yet for us, so he's the latest out on loan to Matlock. He's on dual reg, so can be recalled any time. He may well benefit from minutes in the pitch, rather than warming our bench. Let's hope he gets some confidence, a few goals, and comes back raring to go, and gives us another option for the run-in.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Lee Bennett out on loan..
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 05:17:45 PM »
Looking at the OS unless McGowan and Clifton are fit again we only have 15 players available .

Is there other new player/s coming in ?   after all Craig hasn't signed anyone this week .

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2018, 09:55:41 PM »
Looking at the OS unless McGowan and Clifton are fit again we only have 15 players available .

Is there other new player/s coming in ?   after all Craig hasn't signed anyone this week .

Of the 15 fit players, 2 are goalkeepers so expect a new face or return of a loan player soon.
Regarding keepers, did Harry Payne go out on loan or did he leave?
United we stand..................

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2018, 11:09:14 PM »
Payne is on dual registration at Boston Town.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

youngchubby69

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 08:25:20 AM »
I would think we will have some new faces by next week, I am a bit surprised that Bennett has gone out on loan,he is one of Craig's signings,but he did score yesterday for Matlock and Vino got there winner.

Maxross

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2018, 12:24:56 PM »
I would think we will have some new faces by next week, I am a bit surprised that Bennett has gone out on loan,he is one of Craig's signings,but he did score yesterday for Matlock and Vino got there winner.

I wasn’t overly impressed by him myself. He seemed to have the odd nice touch but was generally ineffective.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2018, 04:13:19 PM »
At the end of the day, as a striker he needs to be scoring for us. You could see from his first few games that he hasn't got lots of goals in him - maybe not at our level anyway. Good that CE has recognised that and taken action. That seems to be one of his strengths, he susses things out quickly and acts. I bet he wouldn't have kept Chapman in the team as long as Murray did !

TEP

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2018, 04:20:19 PM »
I think with this team and having Thompson you need the big player (smith) or the quick Pain in the arse (cammy) along side him. Bennett was in between them so was always going to end up number 2 behind the one alongside Thompson

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2018, 04:56:50 PM »
 PBoro would be a usefull place for loanees , but they are all going to .. Nuneaton  :-X

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2018, 08:24:39 PM »

It would not shock me to see Bennett back playing for us next week, on the bench. We get first dibs on him every week.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Maxross

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2018, 09:40:19 PM »
Personally I think you can have a striker who doesn’t score all that many, so long as he’s helping to create chances. It looked like Bennet was playing a more withdrawn role, supporting Thomson. He needed to be creating chances for Thomson, either by winning things in the air, holding the ball up for supporting midfielders or playing between the lines and playing through balls. He did create a couple of goals with nice through balls, but generally he looked weak in the air and mostly got muscled off the ball when it was on the deck. He just looked like he wasn’t really equipped for either role at this level.

Gregg Smith isn’t pretty (in any way you choose to look at it) but he’s certainly effective at times. He gives the Centre Halves a good work out and I feel that draws them away from Thomson allowing him a bit more space. He also wins a bit in the air, although granted its hit and miss at times. He can also do a reasonable job at holding the ball up. He’s not perfect but I think he’s the best partner we’ve got for Thomson. For me Kabongo is too similar to play with Thomson and they don’t look to have struck up a meaningful partnership.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 09:42:46 PM by Maxross »

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2018, 09:20:47 PM »
Scored again after 3 minutes tonight

John Bunyan, 1684

Maxross

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2018, 09:46:01 PM »

As you said originally, it’s better him being out scoring goals than sat on our bench, and he looks to be doing just that. it’ll be interesting to see how he performs for us when he returns.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2018, 10:01:00 PM »

As you said originally, it’s better him being out scoring goals than sat on our bench, and he looks to be doing just that. it’ll be interesting to see how he performs for us when he returns.
let's hope his scoring boots come back when he does!

John Bunyan, 1684

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2018, 11:30:14 PM »
Waite scored a few out on loan but couldn't do it for us. Maybe Bennett has found his level. Is he proven at Conf North level or above ? Probably not.

TEP