Author Topic: New Stadium  (Read 5495 times)

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: New Stadium
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2018, 07:45:09 PM »
David Newton in an interview with Boston Standard states the new stadium will definately start being constructed this year. He said that they had 7 or 8 million for it and if further funding didn't materialise they would build it with that. As he was being interviewed it was confirmed that Government funding of 3.5 million had today been granted and although this was for the Qudrant as a whole some of it is towards the stadium. With this great news and things turning round on the pitch it is now time for us all to support the club in any way we can (Jam Jar collection) hint hint.  UTP

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 08:39:46 PM »
Where's the conspiracy theorist's who said it would not get built ? lol. It was never in doubt and it was clear that the only hold up was accumulating all the funds.  Lets remember, without Mr Newton & Co there would be no Boston United so we are totally thankful for all they have done.

youngchubby69

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2018, 01:03:35 AM »
This is brilliant news, well done to everyone concerned and here's to a much better future.

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2018, 06:12:35 AM »
it's going to be just up the road from me. As i'm 'knocking on' a bit i'm happy to hear I could still be around to see it start and be finished!!  ;D ;D ;D
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Wyberton pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2018, 12:31:52 PM »
Same here, hope to see it finished.

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2018, 02:01:34 PM »
I am looking forward to seeing it built but will be sad to leave the old ground.  At our last home game a Blyth supporter said he always enjoys coming to York Street which he says is his absolute favourite none league ground.
United we stand..................

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2018, 03:00:12 PM »
I am looking forward to seeing it built but will be sad to leave the old ground.  At our last home game a Blyth supporter said he always enjoys coming to York Street which he says is his absolute favourite none league ground.

A lot of away fans love York street. Always here the same. Nice to see a good old fashion ground.

On The ground front it amazes me how sports England rejected our grant, I recall Fylde Been granted several millions towards there ground and they do run a good share of projects but 10% compared to Boston United. It really does seem some of these grants are given on who you are and not what your about and what you have to over

Maxross

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2018, 04:23:36 PM »

A lot of away fans love York street. Always here the same. Nice to see a good old fashion ground.

On The ground front it amazes me how sports England rejected our grant, I recall Fylde Been granted several millions towards there ground and they do run a good share of projects but 10% compared to Boston United. It really does seem some of these grants are given on who you are and not what your about and what you have to over

Does anyone know on what grounds our application was refused?

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2018, 07:02:34 PM »

As I understand they said there were more needy areas in the country which to me was unbelievable.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2018, 08:13:37 PM »

As I understand they said there were more needy areas in the country which to me was unbelievable.

You've overlooked Salford Mel  ;)