Author Topic: Who Was It .....  (Read 3929 times)

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Who Was It .....
« on: January 29, 2018, 07:40:39 PM »
So,a few weeks back someone on here posted about Tinpots battle last year when they dropped GW to the bench and went on a winning run thus staying up.

Lightning strikes twice it would seem, so which poster posted it??

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Who Was It .....
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 09:21:10 PM »
So,a few weeks back someone on here posted about Tinpots battle last year when they dropped GW to the bench and went on a winning run thus staying up.

Posted on Nov 26th 2017 on ,  RE: KIDDY thread .     "We can learn from Gainsborough again chubby,  they avoided relegation last year by sitting  Willis on the bench "       

St Botolphs

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018, 10:56:54 PM »
Think you’re being a bit harsh on George, he played the first 30 or so games with about 20 different defenders. United had already just turned the corner before he was dropped , his last 5 league games were 4 wins and a draw.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 11:00:33 PM »
Willis got sent off in February, and I don't think he regained his place.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2018, 09:57:40 AM »
Think you’re being a bit harsh on George, he played the first 30 or so games with about 20 different defenders. United had already just turned the corner before he was dropped , his last 5 league games were 4 wins and a draw.

CE has from day one been looking to bring in better players in all positions .  The games Jon Stewart has played in I have not heard anyone suggest that Willis is a better proposition ,   anyone think otherwise ?

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2018, 11:23:01 AM »

CE has from day one been looking to bring in better players in all positions .  The games Jon Stewart has played in I have not heard anyone suggest that Willis is a better proposition ,   anyone think otherwise ?
i know it's early days, but i prefer Stewart. he just seems more assured and in control of his box.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2018, 11:56:50 AM »

Posted on Nov 26th 2017 on ,  RE: KIDDY thread .     "We can learn from Gainsborough again chubby,  they avoided relegation last year by sitting  Willis on the bench "     

Well done that man.  I have no doubt that George can be a top keeper but to me he seems to like making "camera saves" also remember he was rollocked by the back room staff at half time not many games back.