Author Topic: Another 3 points  (Read 11705 times)

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Another 3 points
« on: January 27, 2018, 05:29:24 PM »
Well done all, great to see us well on the way to recovery.
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Another 3 points
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2018, 05:56:12 PM »
Fantastic win against a good side..
Great TEAM effort... all put a shift in
Well done..
Thanks Craig for bringing back excitement to the club and entertainment!

youngchubby69

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2018, 06:28:08 PM »
Just bloody awesome, and a message sent out, that if you don't respect us you do at your peril.
A very gritty performance, which today I watched from the town end, the opposition played some nice football, but so did we and at times we looked the better team.
All respect to our keeper for taking the opportunity to disrupt BS when they were getting on top with his injury time out.
At last we have players who think on there feet and can show a bit of gamesmanship when needed.
Yes you can say cheating, but they all do it to us when required.
Brilliant win and we are still on top of the league, the form league that is.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2018, 06:54:55 PM »
What an awful day to watch football after three weeks in the sun but my goodness the lads warmed the cockles with that display. I would rate that game as probably the best non league match anyone is likely to see this season it really had everything, excellent play by both sides on a dodgy surface, total commitment by all twenty two but I felt we just edged it.

brummie exile 1960

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2018, 07:55:59 PM »
WOW! Well done lads! Three points taken from a "play-off" side who thrashed us earlier this season. Any player carrying a niggling injury now has an extra week to get right before home games against Curzon and Leamington. Talking of which, how did Greg get on today? Five points off 7th place. 

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2018, 08:21:09 PM »
Might be a little off topic but four posts when we have got another great victory. This is almost unprecedented in terms of the run of form. A new manager destined for success I feel   Some quality new players and a brand of football easy on the eye. So all is good with the club.  When we lose thirty forty posts yet record run if results.  Just goes to show how people love to focus on the negative. I’m going for crashing the last place in play offs.  Already planning away days to York etc. Let’s get some more positivity going. 

jelangley

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2018, 08:23:05 PM »
For me the team are a team and it shows alot 2 win, brilliant seeing stewart punch the air and ecstatic to be 2 1 up.....i think we are defo play off standard on current form.....a bit of concern over their tall lad just running past our defence at times but otherwise fantastic

Mick lawson

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2018, 08:31:53 PM »
Might be a little off topic but four posts when we have got another great victory. This is almost unprecedented in terms of the run of form. A new manager destined for success I feel   Some quality new players and a brand of football easy on the eye. So all is good with the club.  When we lose thirty forty posts yet record run if results.  Just goes to show how people love to focus on the negative. I’m going for crashing the last place in play offs.  Already planning away days to York etc. Let’s get some more positivity going.
only downside to today's game was the referee who got so many things wrong including trying to give Blyth a penalty from a good save from the keeper.just need a few more fans to come and see how well were playing. Playoffs well you never know let's dream you never know.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2018, 08:40:48 PM »
Amazing turnaround under this very good manager. Said it before, I honestly believe he is the best we have had since the S&H days and I think he will go on to good things. Hopefully with us ! Can see him collecting another manager of the month soon. He has the team playing well and as a unit.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2018, 08:48:33 PM »
only downside to today's game was the referee who got so many things wrong including trying to give Blyth a penalty from a good save from the keeper.just need a few more fans to come and see how well were playing. Playoffs well you never know let's dream you never know.

A bit unfair to the ref ,  credit to him for consulting his lino and getting things right .  CE praised the ref for his performance .
I don't think you could get a good flowing game like todays with poor officials .

Martyn Bishop

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2018, 09:13:49 PM »
I saw some of their supporters on the road waiting for their bus after the match and two of them were photographing our puddles!

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2018, 09:34:21 PM »
Just bloody awesome, and a message sent out, that if you don't respect us you do at your peril.
A very gritty performance, which today I watched from the town end, the opposition played some nice football, but so did we and at times we looked the better team.
All respect to our keeper for taking the opportunity to disrupt BS when they were getting on top with his injury time out.
At last we have players who think on there feet and can show a bit of gamesmanship when needed.
Yes you can say cheating, but they all do it to us when required.
Brilliant win and we are still on top of the league, the form league that is.

John was injured, he was clutching his right knee a couple of minutes before they scored, it was when he launched that wayward kick into the stand, but you are right, he used it to break the play.
 First half when their keeper parried one I said we need Tshimango on, he would have had that, comes on and boom, he did tap one in. Reece ran his socks off as usual but why does it take Ash to get a goal before he kicks into gear? He was a passenger until the goal then he was showboating and running the defence.

Credit to CE, we needed to change things at half time and he must have said something cos we came flying out the traps and could have had three before the penalty.

Two months unbeaten, that is title winning form just a pity we had to wait until December for someone to kick start the season.

Oh, the right back looks a good addition too and reckon he would have scored only the ref saw something we didn't as he tackled their last man.

At last we have defenders who throw their bodies in the way, how many shots did they block in that frantic ten minutes in the first half?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 09:42:10 PM by Crazy Neil »

youngchubby69

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2018, 09:42:49 PM »
We are a nation of moaners, but like you I would like to see more supportive and positive comments when we win.

Shrimperpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2018, 08:23:31 AM »
Another impressive display and this was against a well organised decent side. We are now showing we are well capable of mixing it with the best sides in the league.
It's such a turnaround from the dire Murray style to be playing with confidence always on the front foot.
Keep it up lads!

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2018, 09:22:20 AM »
Makes you angry that Murray kept in post for way too long this season. Craig has proved a fresh of breath air and a member of the winners' enclosure club!
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"