Author Topic: Another 3 points  (Read 11713 times)

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Another 3 points
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2018, 10:35:30 AM »
Another impressive display and this was against a well organised decent side. We are now showing we are well capable of mixing it with the best sides in the league.
It's such a turnaround from the dire Murray style to be playing with confidence always on the front foot.
Keep it up lads!
I couldn't have put it better. 100% agree. Well done to CE and the team. Manager of the month for January?
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2018, 11:48:38 AM »
I saw some of their supporters on the road waiting for their bus after the match and two of them were photographing our puddles!

Plenty of choice for them Martyn ,   did you tell them they were in the pot hole capital of the UK  :)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2018, 02:30:14 PM »
Might be a little off topic but four posts when we have got another great victory. This is almost unprecedented in terms of the run of form. A new manager destined for success I feel   Some quality new players and a brand of football easy on the eye. So all is good with the club.  When we lose thirty forty posts yet record run if results.  Just goes to show how people love to focus on the negative. I’m going for crashing the last place in play offs.  Already planning away days to York etc. Let’s get some more positivity going.

To be fair FC the moaners have made a massive improvement ,  recall when we spent two seasons in the play-offs posting a positive massage often drew abusive comments and calls of "happy clapping ".

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2018, 03:51:07 PM »
Might be a little off topic but four posts when we have got another great victory. When we lose thirty forty posts yet record run if results.  Just goes to show how people love to focus on the negative.
I don't think do LOVE to focus on the negative, I think its more a case of when things go wrong more people have different opinions of why and how to fix it, so more points and opinions are bound to be made. When things go well, everyone is happy, so less points for discussion, just a collective contentment. Its unlikely that supporters could find faults in a run of 22 points from 24, so what's to discuss?

John Bunyan, 1684

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2018, 04:13:20 PM »
. Its unlikely that supporters could find faults in a run of 22 points from 24, so what's to discuss?

Couldn't beat a side in the bottom three though, could we. Bloody rubbish Boston.  :D

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2018, 05:58:34 PM »
. Its unlikely that supporters could find faults in a run of 22 points from 24, so what's to discuss?

Couldn't beat a side in the bottom three though, could we. Bloody rubbish Boston.  :D
sack the manager, must must sign midfield midgets, cart horses and more loan signings and maybe we need the best midfielder in the CN!!!!!!😛😛😛😛😛😛😛

John Bunyan, 1684

youngchubby69

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2018, 09:49:12 PM »
Has anyone got a link to the BBC Lincolnshire interview with David Newton on Saturday as apparently they were going to do one with him.
Thanks in advance.

chris b

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2018, 11:07:11 PM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05t37fk

Starts about 34 minutes in.

youngchubby69

« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2018, 02:36:33 AM »

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2018, 11:15:35 AM »
Interesting match last Sat.  Stafford Rangers v Matlock ended with a 2 - 0 win for Stafford, both goals scored by Karl Hawley, getting one over some of his former Boston team mates.
United we stand..................

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2018, 12:51:35 PM »
According to the chap next to me on Saturday I know nothing about football and it would seem neither did 3/4's of the stadium. He argued theirs was a penalty even when I said Jon played the ball. I was told to f off to another part of the ground as he had heard my comments during the 1st half regarding some of the decisions magoo made and he agreed with the ref. If the ref was right why were we all booing and shouting at him? Might have to start carrying my cv so ready when questioned again lol

Back to the game, watching the highlights shocked me, Spain Road waited and applauded the team off the pitch, I had to watch it more than once to make sure it was from York Street :D

Roll on 10th Feb and the next Christians roll up at the Colosseum, there is a real buzz around the ground again and the players are responding, who needs a philosophy? Some of the same players AM had yet he could not motivate them, CE turns up, keeps it simple and results follow, players do not need baffling with endless diagrams in a folder, they just need a couple of instructions and give them the ball.

Even the Lincoln supporters on the in law side are taking note and praising us so we must be doing something right, just hope we can keep some of this squad in the close season but have faith in CE bringing in some quality has he has done so far.

UP THE PILGRIMS

Mad Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2018, 09:28:07 AM »
Crazy Neil, you may know a bit about football - it wasn't a penalty...but you know little about the Spain Road supporters - they almost always wait to applaud the players off the pitch (AM got a little abuse, but even in the bad times MOST of the players were applauded off the pitch - most folks knew who was at fault)

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2018, 10:13:49 PM »
Crazy Neil, you may know a bit about football - it wasn't a penalty...but you know little about the Spain Road supporters - they almost always wait to applaud the players off the pitch (AM got a little abuse, but even in the bad times MOST of the players were applauded off the pitch - most folks knew who was at fault)

I used to stand near the snack bar but a lot of the fans there would stay to hurl abuse but it nice to see that they are more now staying and applauding that was all I meant. Had a few arguments there at the end of a game, esp on muppet who used to moan every game, he constantly hurled abuse and DG telling him to go away quickly, DG mouthed it back (I know he should not have but you can only take so much) said fan then wanted a Steward to complain too. Only been there once this season, back in the Town End now, and it is a lot better than it was,

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2018, 12:47:54 AM »
Did anyone see who threw the object on the pitch just missing their keeper in injury time on Saturday?
Can do without that, the FA punishes us as it is.