Author Topic: Skegness Town FC  (Read 1826 times)

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
Skegness Town FC
« on: January 26, 2018, 03:00:00 PM »
I see that Skegness Town have applied to play Step 6 football from next season although, and I may be wrong on this, this could be dependent on whether they retain the, now Step 7, Lincolnshire League title. Personally, I think they should have applied for promotion last year when they had a stronger squad but this is the first season they have had the chance to play on the grass pitch at their nearly 2 year old stadium. They are currently only placed 7th out of 11 teams so far this season and competed with a very much weakened squad for the first half of the campaign. The Lincolnshire League was given Step 7 accreditation at the beginning of the season but has, as in most years, been plagued with withdrawals and teams conceding games which is an affront to the hard work carried out by it's Committee members and sponsors who have tried not only to restore the League's former good reputation but also to enhance it.
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"