Author Topic: v North Ferriby  (Read 14135 times)

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
Re: v North Ferriby
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2018, 10:56:05 PM »
Brilliant letter!
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2018, 12:32:14 AM »

Based on last six games we must be near the top!
As someone said earlier the turnaround is astonishing.
I think we have a manager who will bring us some success..
Shame he wasn't here at start of the season to give us that well overdue cup run....
Maybe next season............

W7  D2  L1  in the last 10 league games puts us top above York, Salford and Spennymoor all with W6  D2  L2
United we stand..................

youngchubby69

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2018, 08:00:50 AM »
Fantastic result, considering they have not played for a couple of weeks.
I thought Greg's post match interview was interesting, I think he was trying to say, play me or let me go but sometimes that can be a bad thing to suggest.

tom and jerry

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2018, 08:21:44 AM »
Only downside was a few daft lads letting the club down at the end. Banging on the boardroom window, swearing and shouting with women present

Not the kind of behaviour that should be associated with a great club like Boston. No doubt fuelled by good drink but try to behave properly please lads. It's letting the club down

Otherwise a good day out for Boston! Well played indeed

youngchubby69

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2018, 09:25:23 AM »
Good to see that Jamma and Kabi got a run out yesterday.
Didn't go in the end, but the highlights on YouTube are showing that we are playing some nice football.
I went to watch Kings Lynn v Weymouth a very entertaining game, they have Tom Ward playing for them, he is not very good really, in fact I would say poor.
It finished 1-1, they have some decent players but would have to strengthen considerably more to compete in our league.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2018, 09:47:36 AM »
A great result against an awful team. Every time we had the ball first half, it looked like we'd score. I thought we took our foot off the gas after the break as the game was won by then. It allowed CE to give match time to subs who've been left out / injured / lacking confidence. A great performance, none the less.
I was amused by the chant "we'll never play you again", and have no sympathy whatsoever for their position. The club have been a pain in our backside for long enough, and now with their hobby owners pulling out the cash, you can see the direction they're heading, and quickly. I did however miss jeering Tom Denton. The Village green didn't seem the same without him! So, for old times sake, "Denton, Denton, you're a ¢u*t, Denton, you're a ¢u*t"
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2018, 12:32:58 PM »
Looks like NFU have been raiding NCEL club Bridlington Town for players. Have a read of an open letter from Bridlington's Chairman to Ferriby!

http://thebootifulgame.co.uk/2018/01/15/must-read-statement-bridlington-town-chairman-with-an-open-invitation/
IF NF has broken the rules then they deserve to be punished (we would be if it were us), you cannot twist the rules to suit you. Also, if it is right that NF players are not getting paid then why would anyone join them??

As I see it three options if NFU are investigated and found guilty .

1 .  Deduct them points ?    no punishment there then !!!!

2.   Fine them ?          They've no money to pay the fine .

3.   Kick them out of the league ?        That would maybe please them , no players to pay and time to
                                                         plan for a restart lower down the leagues next season .

Who would be punished by the last option are teams who have   
                                                         taken points off them this season .

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2018, 12:53:34 PM »
I thought Greg's post match interview was interesting, I think he was trying to say, play me or let me go but sometimes that can be a bad thing to suggest.

I think Greg meant exactly what you suggest chubby .

I would think Greg has options to go elsewhere ,   I would like him to see out the season with us and  then link up with one of his old bosses next season .    Don't know about any other  Pilgrim fans but I am looking forward to taking in as many Town games as I can from now on .

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2018, 01:27:22 PM »
Looks like NFU have been raiding NCEL club Bridlington Town for players. Have a read of an open letter from Bridlington's Chairman to Ferriby!

http://thebootifulgame.co.uk/2018/01/15/must-read-statement-bridlington-town-chairman-with-an-open-invitation/
IF NF has broken the rules then they deserve to be punished (we would be if it were us), you cannot twist the rules to suit you. Also, if it is right that NF players are not getting paid then why would anyone join them??

As I see it three options if NFU are investigated and found guilty .

1 .  Deduct them points ?    no punishment there then !!!!

2.   Fine them ?          They've no money to pay the fine .

3.   Kick them out of the league ?        That would maybe please them , no players to pay and time to
                                                         plan for a restart lower down the leagues next season .

Who would be punished by the last option are teams who have   
                                                         taken points off them this season .

Suspended points deduction might hurt them... potentially hitting them next season, rather than this. Other option is a transfer ban
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

youngchubby69

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2018, 05:46:06 PM »

I think Greg meant exactly what you suggest chubby .

I would think Greg has options to go elsewhere ,   I would like him to see out the season with us and  then link up with one of his old bosses next season .    Don't know about any other  Pilgrim fans but I am looking forward to taking in as many Town games as I can from now on .

I think that too GHM, Greg has to think of future and he his probably unsure that he has one under CE.
I think CE favours a more mobile and attacking forward.
I will too take in some games at Boston Town when we are not at home, probably pi** the good lady off, but I am used to that 😀😁

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2018, 09:55:44 PM »
Just seen the video. we looked hungry in every department. Everyone wanted the ball and looked comfortable with it, pressing and attacking with pace. Ash Hemmings is starting to believe in himself now and rampaging down the wing. Football is so simple when you keep it on the deck too. Everyone looks hungry and fighting for their place in the team, good stuff from CE in his early days, let's hope their is a lot more to come :)

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2018, 06:23:24 PM »
Banging on a window is nothing compared to hitting an old bloke outside the local pub!

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2018, 11:49:59 AM »
Banging on a window is nothing compared to hitting an old bloke outside the local pub!

Do tell....

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2018, 03:31:24 PM »
 Was that an Irish  'Bhoys of ' flag at Boston end ?

Finchley Tiger

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2018, 10:51:54 PM »
Here's the latest missive from the Bridlington Chairman over the alleged illegal poaching of players by NFU. It's fair to say he is not a happy man!

http://thebootifulgame.co.uk/2018/01/26/statement-bridlington-reiterate-club-for-sale-after-another-player-signs-for-ferriby/