Author Topic: Today V Tamworth  (Read 8155 times)

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Today V Tamworth
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2018, 09:22:20 AM »
Missed the game due to work. I did though follow it in Twitter, well done lads, keep up the good work.
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Shrimperpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2018, 09:45:02 AM »
Also gutted to have missed this one.
But well done to everyone let's keep this great form going!!!

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2018, 09:34:21 PM »
Thought the keeper did well for his first game, came and collected when needed, blocked when with his chest after it bounced at him (surprising when you think how much water the pitch has had recently) and can kick with either foot. No blame on him for their goal, he shouted for the back pass but, for reasons only hare will know, Hare turned back into trouble and lost out to two players. Always play the way you are facing was what I was told as a defender but guess some of it may be down to lack of game time.

First half we lost every second ball, second half we were more competitive and won the majority of them and used the wings more. The penalty was a stonewaller, defender missed with his right so took Reece out with his left catching him about halfway between ankle and knee.

There is a real belief amongst the players now and a togetherness, think AM put too much pressure on them with too many instructions whereas CE just gives simple instructions, ball (A) goes into goal (B) easy ain't it :D

Thought the Town End took a while to get behind the team but once they did the team responded well. 16 from 18 is title winning form and now we are 7 points off the playoffs who knows what will happen between now and April.

All in all a deserved win and onwards and upwards :)

TBF  to Hare it was Kean that stuffed and played into trouble

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2018, 05:49:29 PM »
Thought the keeper did well for his first game, came and collected when needed, blocked when with his chest after it bounced at him (surprising when you think how much water the pitch has had recently) and can kick with either foot. No blame on him for their goal, he shouted for the back pass but, for reasons only hare will know, Hare turned back into trouble and lost out to two players. Always play the way you are facing was what I was told as a defender but guess some of it may be down to lack of game time.

First half we lost every second ball, second half we were more competitive and won the majority of them and used the wings more. The penalty was a stonewaller, defender missed with his right so took Reece out with his left catching him about halfway between ankle and knee.

There is a real belief amongst the players now and a togetherness, think AM put too much pressure on them with too many instructions whereas CE just gives simple instructions, ball (A) goes into goal (B) easy ain't it :D

Thought the Town End took a while to get behind the team but once they did the team responded well. 16 from 18 is title winning form and now we are 7 points off the playoffs who knows what will happen between now and April.

All in all a deserved win and onwards and upwards :)

TBF  to Hare it was Kean that stuffed and played into trouble

Yeah I noticed when I watched the video. Still, we got three points and that is what matters. :)