Author Topic: Another two new signings  (Read 7953 times)

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
Re: Another two new signings
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2018, 02:20:44 PM »
Willis benched for today.

Finchley Tiger

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2018, 01:56:33 PM »
Jon Stewart is one of the best 'keepers I have seen in a Worksop shirt in the 50 years I have been watching them. He was our 'keeper when we reached the play-offs in the Evo-Stik Prem and was arguably the best 'keeper in the League at that time. I certainly did not see a better 'keeper.

He was certainly a character who was very popular with the fans. "Back then" he was very partial to performing a Cruyff turn to wrong foot an onrushing attacker. As for his methods of timewasting to help kill off a game they became legendary.

I hope he is a huge success for you guys.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2018, 02:17:47 PM »
Jon Stewart is one of the best 'keepers I have seen in a Worksop shirt in the 50 years I have been watching them. He was our 'keeper when we reached the play-offs in the Evo-Stik Prem and was arguably the best 'keeper in the League at that time. I certainly did not see a better 'keeper.

He was certainly a character who was very popular with the fans. "Back then" he was very partial to performing a Cruyff turn to wrong foot an onrushing attacker. As for his methods of timewasting to help kill off a game they became legendary.

I hope he is a huge success for you guys.
thanks, its good to get a positive testament from a former fanbase. Let's hope he lives up to the billing.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684