Author Topic: Today v Trinity  (Read 15349 times)

Maxross

• View Profile
Re: Today v Trinity
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2018, 08:58:35 PM »
I was very close to the first imcident with Jarman. It was plainly obvious from where I was stood that he wasn’t ever going to get there first and he dived in. In my opinion it was a brief moment of madness where he decided to leave something on the keeper. I think he was lucky not to get a red. With that in mind and on a yellow, the lunge at Abbot in the box was foolish at best, especially right in front of the ref. I agree contact is minimal, but nowadays it’s considered dangerous play to lunge in, whether you take the ball or not. I think he was very foolish having got away with the first, to go for the second one.

Maxross

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2018, 09:05:01 PM »
Also I think your memory is very selective Steeli, I saw a couple of occasions where Trinity players tried to cajole the ref into dishing out cards for minor infractions.

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2018, 01:49:03 AM »
Not forgetting the eight or so who crowded the ref on Boxing Day after Stainfields elbow incident.

youngchubby69

« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2018, 02:41:49 AM »
At the end of the day, Jarman should not have given the ref the chance to make those decisions.
He has a reputation for his rash and sometimes dangerous tackle's.
So he should know better.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2018, 11:32:59 AM »
I was very close to the first imcident with Jarman. It was plainly obvious from where I was stood that he wasn’t ever going to get there first and he dived in. In my opinion it was a brief moment of madness where he decided to leave something on the keeper. I think he was lucky not to get a red. With that in mind and on a yellow, the lunge at Abbot in the box was foolish at best, especially right in front of the ref. I agree contact is minimal, but nowadays it’s considered dangerous play to lunge in, whether you take the ball or not. I think he was very foolish having got away with the first, to go for the second one.

I think the Trinity fans condemning the ref are probably like me , an old fart living in the past .

On BBC Lincs Mark Hone backed the red card decision pointing out as Maxross says nowadays it's considered dangerous to lunge in .
 Hone commented when he played 20/25 years ago it was an accepted part of the game , but rightly so these injury threatening " tackles" are no longer permitted .

youngchubby69

« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2018, 06:32:55 PM »
He probably thought he would get away with it again as the ref bottled the first one, anyway he got what he deserved in the end.
I personally can't stand him, he has never been anything other than a moaning winging thug.
Childish pathetic spoilt brat, that I am pleased we never signed for how club.
I know that sounds harsh, but I can't hide my disgust for him.

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2018, 08:06:40 PM »
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nathan_Jarman

Jarman was sent off during his Football League debut for Bury. He was then sent off on his club debut for Grimsby. And then he was sent off in his last game for Grimsby. His red card on New Year's Day was his second one this season. But presumably Gainsborough fans will still insist "he's not that kind of player."
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 08:12:53 PM by York Street Pilgrim »

Maxross

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2018, 08:21:49 PM »
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nathan_Jarman

Jarman was sent off during his Football League debut for Bury. He was then sent off on his club debut for Grimsby. And then he was sent off in his last game for Grimsby. His red card on New Year's Day was his second one this season. But presumably Gainsborough fans will still insist "he's not that kind of player."

Like GHM, I also listened to Mark Hone on Radio Lincolnshire after the game. He made reference to being a former team mate of Jarman and said that he has a tendency to get caught up in the emotion of games and make rash tackles. I think that was clear for all to see last week, after the booking for the foul on Willis, he lost his head a bit with some of our fans.  I thought he was a good player to be honest but he’s no use if he’s taking an early bath every other week.