Author Topic: Today v Trinity  (Read 15234 times)

Steelihat

• View Profile
Re: Today v Trinity
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2018, 10:25:44 PM »
Not sure which points you are referring to, but highlights are (now) available on you tube, and all my statements are backed up
Btw I was replying to young chubby

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2018, 12:42:23 AM »
Not sure which points you are referring to, but highlights are (now) available on you tube, and all my statements are backed up
  i was replying to your comments as a fellow fan, whoever you intended them to. Its a public forum, so i didn't realise we could only address points specifically put to us as individuals. we too are "in it tog...", no, wait a minute, I've got a better one, " we are United". BTW I was there and don't need highlights.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

youngchubby69

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2018, 03:55:39 AM »
The one thing that I know is that from both fixtures,we have gained 4 points and Trinity got 1.
Points are what will keep you up, not blaming the officials and constant moaning by Mr Frecklington,who should be putting his full focus on stopping your current slide down the league.
Now move on and good luck with the rest of the season.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2018, 10:12:12 AM »
all my statements are backed up
Well you would say that. Jarman was late with both challenges - 2 bookings very much deserved.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2018, 02:03:04 PM »

If you say about poor facts it was a center midfielder not a center half.

Steelihat

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2018, 03:53:00 PM »
  i was replying to your comments as a fellow fan, whoever you intended them to. Its a public forum, so i didn't realise we could only address points specifically put to us as individuals. we too are "in it tog...", no, wait a minute, I've got a better one, " we are United". BTW I was there and don't need highlights.

Being there was good, however as you were best part of 100yards from second incident, perhaps another look might change your mind (perhaps not 😎)

Steelihat

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2018, 03:57:05 PM »
The one thing that I know is that from both fixtures,we have gained 4 points and Trinity got 1.
Points are what will keep you up, not blaming the officials and constant moaning by Mr Frecklington,who should be putting his full focus on stopping your current slide down the league.
Now move on and good luck with the rest of the season.

Can’t argue with the points, think you deserved four points from the two games.
New manager has made a big difference (would have liked to play you when you had the best midfielder in the league) not sure I like all the play acting and haranguing of the ref (Brogan didn’t do it when he played for us) but the team looks quite good

Steelihat

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2018, 03:59:40 PM »
Well you would say that. Jarman was late with both challenges - 2 bookings very much deserved.

First challenge 50/50
Second challenge he won the ball one footed - your player was late and dived when he didn’t get the ball. Highlights available on you tube

Steelihat

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2018, 04:03:15 PM »

If you say about poor facts it was a center midfielder not a center half.

Last player between Jarman (a striker) and the goal.
Perhaps nominally a centre mid, but at that moment he was in centre half position
He should be ashamed of himself getting another player sent off

Batistuta

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2018, 04:28:08 PM »
Why are we still discussing this? It was definitely a red card, why? Because the ref gave it. End of. Move on.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2018, 04:33:58 PM »
I wasn't at the match listened in on BBC Lincs ,  looking at the video ex-pro Hone I think got it right , the two offences justified a red card .
Makepeace and Hone thought the first offence may have justified a red .
Looking at the second offence several  times my two main observations were , 1. the player did over react after the incident but if he had not jumped he would probably got a smashed ankle at the least .   2 . the ref was within a few feet looking at the incident with a better closer view than fans or video watchers this along with the ex-pro view I think the sending off was well justified .

As for the alleged elbow could anyone see it on the video ?  I failed to do ,   where was the elbow blow supposed to have landed ?
To me it appeared that the claim by Ravas was somewhat delayed .

Not often I disagree with you Steeli but I do on this occasion . sorry .

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2018, 05:55:06 PM »
From my view i thought the first challenge was 50/50. The second looked overly aggressive. One yellow from me but I am not the ref.

John C

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2018, 08:17:45 PM »
I can see why Jarman thought of going for the first challenge but since Willis got the ball cleanly I'm not sure it was actually 50-50. Also Willis was going in head first to grasp the ball so Jarman going in feet first was dangerous as he was putting Willis at risk of a kick in the head. I thought Jarman shouldn't have gone to ground but instead ran in and hurdled the keeper as forwards often do. So definitely a yellow at least.

I couldn't see much of the second so can't comment on that
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 05:15:38 PM by John Chapman »

Steelihat

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2018, 08:35:14 PM »
I wasn't at the match listened in on BBC Lincs ,  looking at the video ex-pro Hone I think got it right , the two offences justified a red card .
Makepeace and Hone thought the first offence may have justified a red .
Looking at the second offence several  times my two main observations were , 1. the player did over react after the incident but if he had not jumped he would probably got a smashed ankle at the least .   2 . the ref was within a few feet looking at the incident with a better closer view than fans or video watchers this along with the ex-pro view I think the sending off was well justified .

As for the alleged elbow could anyone see it on the video ?  I failed to do ,   where was the elbow blow supposed to have landed ?
To me it appeared that the claim by Ravas was somewhat delayed .

Not often I disagree with you Steeli but I do on this occasion . sorry .

Wouldn’t do for us all to agree ghm, but also after viewing the second offence lots of times, still come to the conclusion that it was a fair challenge, the ball won cleanly, and the reaction got Jarman a card.
No problems with players jumping out of way, but the ‘pretending’ was disgraceful.
As you say the ref was close by, and should have seen it for what it was.
Your team were playing well, and were marginally on top - this deflects from an otherwise good performance

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2018, 08:55:33 PM »

First challenge 50/50
Second challenge he won the ball one footed - your player was late and dived when he didn’t get the ball. Highlights available on you tube

Would never call the first 50/50 - Willis got the ball first, Jarman should have seen this was gong to happen and pull out, rather than slide in.

He jumped into both 'tackles'. Winning the ball does not guarantee it not being a foul... from the highlights (which you keep referring to), Jarman landed his studs on the foot of Abbott for the 2nd challenge - definite yellow.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/