Author Topic: Breaking news related to the new stadium.  (Read 18815 times)

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Breaking news related to the new stadium.
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2018, 10:08:16 AM »
I guess another option would be to move into new ground with 2 or 3 stands whilst remainder is being finished.

I remember visiting Oxford's Kassam Stadium when were in League 2 which only had 3 stands with 3rd to be built at a later date. Not sure if they have their 4th stand yet though. Felt rather odd having 3 large stands and nothing behind one goal.

They got permission to build a temporary stand at that end a few years back but even that didn't get built. Since there's no practical need for a stand there I doubt it'll be built for many years yet. You're right - it does look odd, and they must surely regret it.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2018, 11:43:20 AM »
Save cash? We'd spend money getting it up to standard. We'll be at YS until the new ground is ready.
[/quote

Subject to Malkinsons permission .

bostonwoody

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2018, 04:12:44 PM »
Just had a quick run out to the new stadium to have a look at what's going on, I was quite surprised to see a crowd of 5 or 6 there wearing an assortment of amber and black watching the work. I had a quick chat with them and for info:

The bloke driving the digger is useless
          The supervisor should have gone to Specsavers, he might as well wear a blue shirt
          The one at the top of the field on his own will never do any good without support from the others
          We'll never do any good without a big bloke with a pickaxe in the middle of the park

It's starting to feel like home already  ;) ;) ;)

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2018, 04:51:23 PM »
Bloody rubbish Boston

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2018, 06:17:17 PM »
Just had a quick run out to the new stadium to have a look at what's going on, I was quite surprised to see a crowd of 5 or 6 there wearing an assortment of amber and black watching the work. I had a quick chat with them and for info:

The bloke driving the digger is useless
          The supervisor should have gone to Specsavers, he might as well wear a blue shirt
          The one at the top of the field on his own will never do any good without support from the others
          We'll never do any good without a big bloke with a pickaxe in the middle of the park

It's starting to feel like home already  ;) ;) ;)

See you tomorrow Pete and you can show me the photos.