Author Topic: Boxing Day v Trinity  (Read 18326 times)

youngchubby69

Re: Boxing Day v Trinity
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2017, 07:17:05 PM »
Very good gritty performance, I agree the man of the match was wrong in my opinion, should have been Middleton by country mile.
A very good gate and the atmosphere, Stainsfield is a very poor player and should have had a straight red card.
Jarman is a fat moaning joke, that should have been sent off as well, but the ref missed the late challenge.
We are going in the right direction, the two midfield lads are excellent on the ball, at last we have a decent midfield.
Thompson is a true worker and deserves to score more goals.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2017, 07:38:33 PM »
Ill agree with young chubby, Bout spot on regarding Stainfield, Gritty game and a true edgy local game. They came to destroy the game and run with a point.  Dont know if Middleton and Stainfield have history but Stainfield looked at Middleton before he raised his elbows so hopefully someone might be able to find a link there.  Thompson as a motor on him and as played a big part of our recovery. and i thought he was MOM. Rollings up untill he scored i thought was terrible tried to take his man on and lost everytime

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2017, 08:04:05 PM »

Jarman is a fat moaning joke, that should have been sent off as well, but the ref missed the late challenge.
I reckon Jarman wasn't actually moaning to the ref, but kept going to her cos he was trying to give her his phone number!
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2017, 08:22:14 PM »
Sign of a good team when you can get a result when not playing at your best.

Stainfield should have walked, we all know that she obviously saw it otherwise no card would have been shown but then why wasn't it a red. Same as that one on halfway line when Reece turned his man and was chopped down, that was cynical to say the least.

Poor quality game but three points and 4 wins in 4 so we shouldn't really be picking faults with the team.

Bennett up front played well in my opinion, he kept running off the ball dragging the defenders all over the place, he always wanted the ball and a peach of a pass to set up Jay for the first goal.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2017, 08:45:14 PM »
One for Ken , when did we last win 4 league games in a row
Thanks

15/16 season.

youngchubby69

« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2017, 04:15:53 AM »
One for Ken , when did we last win 4 league games in a row
Thanks

15/16 season.
When was the last time we got five in a row,, I don't remember DG getting us more than 4 in a row.
We are well capable of going to the northolme and taking another 3 points, the pressure is on them not us.
They know a defeat could see them back in the relegation places.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2017, 05:52:06 AM »
Five in a row ? March 2015. More recent than you'd think.

TEP

youngchubby69

« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2017, 07:06:24 AM »
Five in a row ? March 2015. More recent than you'd think.

TEP
What's our longest run of wins under DG.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2017, 08:18:43 AM »
I don't think DG surpassed five in a row. Shorty & Shouty managed six I think - and a run of nine including cup games.

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2017, 09:04:05 AM »
If we win at Gainsborough on New Year’s Day, are we in with an outside shot at the playoffs?

We're only 7 points away now......and 50-1 with Betway.........

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2017, 11:05:14 AM »
Last won 5 straight Harrogate to Worcester at the latter end of 2014/15

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2017, 12:17:46 PM »
Have just listened to Dave Frecklington on the Trinity website and I must say that he made a very honest assessment of the game, not only about his own team but about the lack of class on the field. Clearly both teams have played better recently! But we have to take the positive that earlier in the season it was a game we might have lost or drawn and we now look a team whose members know the job they are supposed to be doing. I agree that Middleton should have been MOM, and I'm pleased that Keane is where he ought to be, not that he let us down when playing midfield. The players that CE has brought in all seem improvements and/or fit into the system. Brogan and Walker had steady games as did the midfielders. UTP.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2017, 12:43:57 PM »
Im gonna differ a little about his lack of class comment. Rollings goal had a touch of class in it. The interchanges of passes in a cramped box followed by a inch perfect shot to the back post. Our class may not of been bright but its there to see in flashes, I think this team is about to click and when it does i think that class is about to show. Only thing i will say althou we wasnt punished yesterday we still left some massive gaps at the back

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2017, 03:19:59 PM »
I was just agreeing with his observation that the game as a whole was not of a great standard, hence my comment that we have played better previously, and I confidently expect us to do so in the future.

youngchubby69

« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2017, 08:35:31 PM »
I think surely we all have got to be happy with the recent results and team performance.
Only a couple of weeks ago we looked like a team Destin for relegation with no direction and no confidence.
Let's enjoy our recent success, God knows it's took some time coming.