Author Topic: Townend  (Read 6035 times)

Henry

• View Profile
Townend
« on: November 30, 2017, 10:39:14 PM »
Another poor decision regarding the loss of the townend for BUFC supporters and thus killing any chance of an atmosphere (not that likely anyhow I suppose on recent performances!). Always in the name of safety, yet it is unheard of at any other football ground in the country to my knowledge. Why does our club make an already difficult fixture even harder by subduing its metaphoric '12th' man?

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Townend
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 07:48:33 AM »
'Cos them's the rules. It's pretty much out of the club's hands.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2017, 09:05:19 AM »
Looking around the ground recently, we have had some below average gates.  The biggest gaps seem to be in the Townend.  Perhaps the " 12th man " has been missing of late.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Mad Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2017, 09:42:28 AM »
I was impressed by the exiled Town Enders on their recent York Street awayday - especially the "we're supposed to be at home" chant...so come on everybody (that's EVERYBODY!!), let's ALL do our bit tomorrow. It's in all our interests...COME ON YOU PILGRIMS!!

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2017, 02:02:56 PM »
I was impressed by the exiled Town Enders on their recent York Street awayday - especially the "we're supposed to be at home" chant...so come on everybody (that's EVERYBODY!!), let's ALL do our bit tomorrow. It's in all our interests...COME ON YOU PILGRIMS!!
along with "Newton sort it out"....................
http://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/sport/football/boston-united-chairman-optimistic-season-195106

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2017, 04:33:57 PM »
along with "Newton sort it out"....................
http://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/sport/football/boston-united-chairman-optimistic-season-195106

If he thought about quitting last season it beggars belief what he is thinking this season which is turning out to be far far worse.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2017, 07:20:25 PM »
Looking around the ground recently, we have had some below average gates.  The biggest gaps seem to be in the Townend.  Perhaps the " 12th man " has been missing of late.
I've not been able to attend for just over a season now, but just out of interest what are we getting in terms of numbers on the town end these days ? During our good two seasons under Greene I know we was averaging around 130 on that part of the ground, and on comparing recent photo's with that of the aforementioned seasons it did seem that the town end looked more empty. 
But in balance, I am guessing numbers are dwindling all over the stadium which makes it even more important to get our new, smaller, stadium where I believe a better atmosphere can be created.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2017, 04:09:31 PM »
257 away fans on the town end today it states on the official site.  If only we could get that many of our own on there !

delbar

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2017, 06:21:14 PM »
Wont be popular opinion but i prefer it when the away fans have the townend. The home fans are much louder in the normal away end.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2017, 09:04:44 PM »
Wont be popular opinion but i prefer it when the away fans have the townend. The home fans are much louder in the normal away end.
I thought the same, and the main stand got more involved too later on, I'm sure because of the nearer proximity of the home terrace.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2017, 08:53:13 AM »
I thought the same, and the main stand got more involved too later on, I'm sure because of the nearer proximity of the home terrace.

Agreed