Author Topic: My Thoughts in the Replay v The Harriers  (Read 5235 times)

The Infamous Stevie

• View Profile
My Thoughts in the Replay v The Harriers
« on: November 29, 2017, 12:21:49 AM »
Today was one of the worst performances I have seen! Started off lively with a couple of corners. But a few Boston players more bothered about the keeper and defenders to even make an attempt for the ball!! We played the long hoof ball to Cabby... all 5 ft feck all of him!! We had Rollins in a defensive midfield role! The loanee upfront all on his own chasing wind as no other Boston player helped track down the defenders with the ball til gone 85 mins. George Willis, once again beaten at his near post! Second goal, set piece to the back post and another simple headed goal! 14 fans including me travelled to watch this shambles of a performance and if I hadent of travelled over 130 miles I would of left about the 70th minute.

Cabby is our wonder sub, not a starter! We can’t play long ball to him. Greg needs to start with rollings and Thompson around him. Need a new gk or at very least an adequate sub to help encourage Willis!! When defending set pieces we need to stop worrying about the opposition and just be the first player to that ball! Put it out for a gifted corner, what ever. Just clear the danger and go again!  When we have a set piece, stop surrounding their GK. everyone stationary waiting for the ball to drop to them, get on the peno spot and attack it! And like if a team wants to pass it out from their box, push up, don’t allow them the space to bring it forward easy!! Every time thienGK has the ball bar 3 times he played it short the the Left or Right back, Thompson trying to close down and instead of Canby and Rollins doing the same, both were on the half way line!

youngchubby69

Re: My Thoughts in the Replay v The Harriers
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 01:02:45 AM »
Good report and I truly admire your resolve to travel away time and again, to be disappointed most of the time.
I echo your sentiment about Willis, but every time I mention that he gets beat to easily and can't stop long-range efforts, I get shouted down.
The team is a shambles and me personally can't see us staying up, unless massive changes are made and money spent.
I get the general opinion from the fans that I talked to at York Street,is that Craig has been brought in to help us get back up if we go down, I don't see that this is in anyway an encouraging move by our board if that is the case.
Let's for god's sake it isn't.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 10:11:46 AM »
Good report and I truly admire your resolve to travel away time and again, to be disappointed most of the time.
I echo your sentiment about Willis, but every time I mention that he gets beat to easily and can't stop long-range efforts, I get shouted down.
The team is a shambles and me personally can't see us staying up, unless massive changes are made and money spent.
I get the general opinion from the fans that I talked to at York Street,is that Craig has been brought in to help us get back up if we go down, I don't see that this is in anyway an encouraging move by our board if that is the case.
Let's for god's sake it isn't.

We can learn from Gainsborough again chubby ,  they avoided relegation last year by sitting Willis on the bench .

tom and jerry

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2017, 11:11:54 AM »
Many knocked last season's post Xmas squad. I thought they did well to keep the club up

The current expensively assembled squad are no better. Probably worse. The wage bill is massively increased. Fees have been paid for the likes of Willis and Hare plus others

Currently second from bottom. No sign of a 'new manager bounce' either is there? Many of these players are robbing a good living from the club

Last season they were not the most talented bunch but gave their best. Would Gordon, Thomas, Batchelor, Maguire, Durrant, Marshall, Gatter, St Juste etc be second from bottom?

We'll never know. But they'd cost half as much and give twice as much effort in my view. The lads on the big deals are largely tossing it off and will more than likely bring the manager down eventually whilst mostly remaining at the club after they have done so. The players need to take long hard looks at themselves

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2017, 11:36:07 AM »
Many knocked last season's post Xmas squad. I thought they did well to keep the club up

The current expensively assembled squad are no better. Probably worse. The wage bill is massively increased. Fees have been paid for the likes of Willis and Hare plus others

Currently second from bottom. No sign of a 'new manager bounce' either is there? Many of these players are robbing a good living from the club

Last season they were not the most talented bunch but gave their best. Would Gordon, Thomas, Batchelor, Maguire, Durrant, Marshall, Gatter, St Juste etc be second from bottom?

We'll never know. But they'd cost half as much and give twice as much effort in my view. The lads on the big deals are largely tossing it off and will more than likely bring the manager down eventually whilst mostly remaining at the club after they have done so. The players need to take long hard looks at themselves

Extra cost in fee,s yeas but wage budget still around the same. Only thing is this season id think its more spent up with contracts etc. What ever way we look at it to turn this around its going to be harder than other years due to more players on season contracts than before it aint as easy as snapping your fingers and getting rid of players. Some may be happy to move on but its also there right to stay which ties the cash up.

As much as i liked Murry i feel some of the contracts giving this season was a massive mistake and will bite us in the butt. But on the other other hand had we had a team not on contract that was at the top then we would be lossing players to bigger clubs with more money. what ever happens they cant win

jelangley

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2017, 12:23:01 PM »
Having been to most games last and this season, it's difficult to imagine where last seasons team would of ended up this year, personally for me it's the management side that's let us down.

Far too negative and defensive minded - Fair play to Karl - he tried to give the players freedom to express themselves but his time was limited, and with the arrival of a new manager no doubt again it's another complete different approach to the team management - which has not had time to work.

We can easily get out of this mess, and stay up, but with the best will in the world even if we had Jose Mourinho in charge I don't think we could turn it around in the space of a couple of weeks, the prolems to me seem more deep rooted.

I'll be going Saturday and supporting as always with my 2 lads, and am confident it will get better, like with any sturuggling team, improvements don't happen overnight.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2017, 05:32:37 PM »

Extra cost in fee,s yeas but wage budget still around the same. Only thing is this season id think its more spent up with contracts etc. What ever way we look at it to turn this around its going to be harder than other years due to more players on season contracts than before it aint as easy as snapping your fingers and getting rid of players. Some may be happy to move on but its also there right to stay which ties the cash up.

As much as i liked Murry i feel some of the contracts giving this season was a massive mistake and will bite us in the butt. But on the other other hand had we had a team not on contract that was at the top then we would be lossing players to bigger clubs with more money. what ever happens they cant win
NEITHER team is (or was) good enough. my main concern is with the team flagging, will the Chestnuts consider the pointless bank-rolling of a loss-leader, and simply build houses at the Quadrant? After all, it's a business, not a hobby club. In that respect, i could understand that decision.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2017, 08:49:05 PM »

NEITHER team is (or was) good enough. my main concern is with the team flagging, will the Chestnuts consider the pointless bank-rolling of a loss-leader, and simply build houses at the Quadrant? After all, it's a business, not a hobby club. In that respect, i could understand that decision.

As far as I am aware - They are committed to building the stadium - otherwise they will be in breach of their planning permission for the houses.  It was part of the reason they got planning permission for the houses.
However - if we get relegated - will the stadium be amended and that would no doubt be a smaller one which costs less.

youngchubby69

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2017, 02:19:41 AM »
God knows we can only wait and see, but at the moment I would rather see us stay in this league and stuff the new stadium.
I have lived without it for this long, I am sure I can wait another few years, but will the Malkinsons??

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2017, 11:51:40 AM »
They must be commited to something regarding the new ground as they have laid some sub drainage and cables over the past few weeks.  Costly job if you plan to do sod all