Author Topic: v Kiddy  (Read 22526 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: v Kiddy
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2017, 11:20:16 AM »
We cant compete, Well not financially with at least half the league. There was managers available that was not intrested in the Boston job, all was saying the budget was not realistic for the club and was only a bottom end budget.
We cant compete, Well not financially with at least half the league. There was managers available that was not intrested in the Boston job, all was saying the budget was not realistic for the club and was only a bottom end budget.
It was allegedly increased for AM....
Makes DG achievement look all the better doesn't it....
Shame he went on Twitter :(

We can't compete financially with the big boys, and we're 10th in terms of attendances (an improvement on the 11th place when I last checked a few weeks back).

The landscape of non-league football has changed a lot in the last 20 years - two-up/down from the Football League and the sheer number of cash-cows emerging from the lower leagues means traditional non-league clubs like ours are feeling the squeeze. No point moaning about it - that's the world we live in. We need to hang on in there and strive for a brighter future away from York Street. And a sustainable one at that - many of the clubs with rich owners today will end up on the scrap heap tomorrow. We, on the other hand, won't.

The above 3 posts coverers it all really , it's been said before but many failed to listen .

Bostonshire .   And many still dream at each management change me will be inundated with top applicants .

Howmanynames .    Seem to recall DN say "Dennis overachieved ",  some didn't listen .

Pete B .             Fair observation Pete ,  I fear many took the good times for granted and demanded more success which was not
                        realistic.         I think the hard work starts when we relocate , task must not be underestimated .

youngchubby69

« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2017, 05:50:56 PM »

We can't compete financially with the big boys, and we're 10th in terms of attendances (an improvement on the 11th place when I last checked a few weeks back).

The landscape of non-league football has changed a lot in the last 20 years - two-up/down from the Football League and the sheer number of cash-cows emerging from the lower leagues means traditional non-league clubs like ours are feeling the squeeze. No point moaning about it - that's the world we live in. We need to hang on in there and strive for a brighter future away from York Street. And a sustainable one at that - many of the clubs with rich owners today will end up on the scrap heap tomorrow. We, on the other hand, won't.

Very true Pete, we must not go down that road of boom and bust, this club will go forward and be stable in its new home, things are taking much longer to happen than all of us expected.
We will get there in the end, without a massive debt around the club's neck.
If we go down so what, we won't be down for long.
We are Boston and we are fighter's with guts and grit.

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2019, 07:49:44 AM »
So  2-2 draw against Kidderminster at home from two seasons ago was York Street's last ever FA Trophy tie.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2019, 01:35:45 PM »
So  2-2 draw against Kidderminster at home from two seasons ago was York Street's last ever FA Trophy tie.

Probably get a couple of FA Cup matches in .  :)

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2019, 02:40:46 PM »

There will be a lot of 'last evers' until York Street is vacated and a host of 'first evers' at the new ground.
United we stand..................

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2019, 07:22:35 AM »

There will be a lot of 'last evers' until York Street is vacated and a host of 'first evers' at the new ground.
What new ground, it was never going to be built according to some fans, and now it's never going to be finished, according to those same fans again.
I had one guy at work the other day say that Newton had run out of money and now wanted the fans to finish paying for the ground.
But he is a Posh fan, so probably feeling a little jealous that we are getting a new ground, and he is going to have to keep going to the sh#t hole on London road.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2019, 10:28:08 AM »
What new ground, it was never going to be built according to some fans, and now it's never going to be finished, according to those same fans again.
I had one guy at work the other day say that Newton had run out of money and now wanted the fans to finish paying for the ground.
But he is a Posh fan, so probably feeling a little jealous that we are getting a new ground, and he is going to have to keep going to the sh#t hole on London road.

Perhaps you ought to discuss this with the above poster called youngchubby69?

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2019, 02:49:59 PM »

Perhaps you ought to discuss this with the above poster called youngchubby69?
Bloody hell were have you been, down your rabbit hole just waiting for me to comment, you don't know how much l love your interesting conjecture.
Merry Christmas sweet heart xxx
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".