Author Topic: v Kiddy  (Read 22020 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: v Kiddy
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2017, 10:38:16 AM »
Yes the trinity must have been delighted to sell us a goalie who could not get in their side that narrowly avoided relegation .

It seemed agreed that the 3 games under Hawley we looked a far better team , well capable of climbing out of the relegation zone .
I wonder what's changed under the new manager that made us go backwards ?     
I suggest he moves Hawley , Hemmings and Willis out (a lot easier said than done ) .

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2017, 04:12:07 PM »
I said on the Facebook page when we signed Willis we'd regret it, I remember that goal JR scored against him on NYD at Gainsborough and nothing I've seen will convince me he's anything but a liability and down there with Dan Haystead as the poorest keeper I've seen down here. In fairness he's not been helped by a porous defence and a midfield that lacks all the basics.
However after a revival of sorts under Karl Hawley we're actually looking a worse team now than under AM which is a sobering prospect. A new manager normally brings in a new manager bounce, but that's not happening here, we've gone into freefall since this guy came in and I'm now wondering if he's been brought in to oversee an NPL rebuilding job next summer. If he has I hope the board are going to provide the funds for this, because it won't be a cheap fix if we do go down.......then the conspiracy theories about the new stadium and it's delivery will go into overdrive.

Saying that Grantham are flying high in npl with virtually no budget

youngchubby69

« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2017, 04:23:51 PM »
I said on the Facebook page when we signed Willis we'd regret it, I remember that goal JR scored against him on NYD at Gainsborough and nothing I've seen will convince me he's anything but a liability and down there with Dan Haystead as the poorest keeper I've seen down here. In fairness he's not been helped by a porous defence and a midfield that lacks all the basics.
However after a revival of sorts under Karl Hawley we're actually looking a worse team now than under AM which is a sobering prospect. A new manager normally brings in a new manager bounce, but that's not happening here, we've gone into freefall since this guy came in and I'm now wondering if he's been brought in to oversee an NPL rebuilding job next summer. If he has I hope the board are going to provide the funds for this, because it won't be a cheap fix if we do go down.......then the conspiracy theories about the new stadium and it's delivery will go into overdrive.

I couldn't agree with you more, I couldn't believe it when we signed Willis and we paid money for him.
I actually think that the chairman has edged his bets here with signings Elliott.
Saturday will tell us everything about him and the team, he has had four games now to tinker and assess, so let's see how it goes.

tom and jerry

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2017, 05:20:27 PM »
Grantham's budget isn't small. Not massive but not small. They have lads on 300 a week. Not many but some. And contracted too

Re Willis - couldn't understand the signing. Will be on big money too. And as for paying money for him- bizarre. And Hare too. Paid money and then never played him. Flawed signings that helped seal his fate. Before we even discuss 'best midfielder in the league'. AM has much to answer for

On another note - heard a strong whisper last week linking Greene with NFU. But that's all it was. Chris Bolder new man in charge there

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2017, 06:49:13 PM »
My guess is we will see some movement both ways this week. Probably the first in wil be a keeper.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2017, 09:15:09 PM »
My guess is we will see some movement both ways this week. Probably the first in wil be a keeper.
Speaking of keepers and moving on. On Saturday 19th Nov 2016 Dion Curtis-Henry plays what turned out to be his last game for Dennis Greene's Boston, conceding 9 in the defeat at AFC £ylde. Only 11 months later and on Saturday Oct 17th 2017 the same player is on the bench for Roy Hodgson's ¢rystal Palace at home to Chel$ea. As someone once said, "its a funny old game".
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Steelihat

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2017, 10:22:09 PM »
Yes the trinity must have been delighted to sell us a goalie who could not get in their side that narrowly avoided relegation .

It seemed agreed that the 3 games under Hawley we looked a far better team , well capable of climbing out of the relegation zone .
I wonder what's changed under the new manager that made us go backwards ?     
I suggest he moves Hawley , Hemmings and Willis out (a lot easier said than done ) .

To be fair, most of us thought there was little difference between Willis and Nicholson (our other keeper, now keeping bench warm at Halifax)
Keepers are usually judged by how they cope with poor defenders in front of them.
Boston are similar to us (I’m sure you don’t like to see that written down) in that we are both unable to compete with the ridiculous budgets of stupid clubs in this division.
Staying in this division will be success for both clubs (even though your fans think you should be challenging for play offs) and we are both shopping in the cheap end of the market.
The division below will be no respite, although we have beaten both Grantham and Stafford this season, we were second best in both games - and got walloped by Slough and their (alleged) 18k pw  budget

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2017, 11:22:30 PM »

To be fair, most of us thought there was little difference between Willis and Nicholson (our other keeper, now keeping bench warm at Halifax)
Keepers are usually judged by how they cope with poor defenders in front of them.
Boston are similar to us (I’m sure you don’t like to see that written down) in that we are both unable to compete with the ridiculous budgets of stupid clubs in this division.
Staying in this division will be success for both clubs (even though your fans think you should be challenging for play offs) and we are both shopping in the cheap end of the market.
The division below will be no respite, although we have beaten both Grantham and Stafford this season, we were second best in both games - and got walloped by Slough and their (alleged) 18k pw  budget
[/quote]

Great post Steelihat

youngchubby69

« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2017, 02:15:29 AM »

Great post Steelihat
[/quote]

Perhaps if we both stay up, the fans should have a get together and celebrate.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2017, 11:57:56 AM »
To much mind set at Boston on 4 figure gates so we should be up there. Until some fans get that out there head it will never change,
Speaking of 18k Budgets i heard from a decent source that 15-20pw Might just get you in the play offs this season. May be worth thinking about where we stand at that............hint... Last year it was just under 1/3 of it

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2017, 02:18:23 PM »
To much mind set at Boston on 4 figure gates so we should be up there. Until some fans get that out there head it will never change,
Speaking of 18k Budgets i heard from a decent source that 15-20pw Might just get you in the play offs this season. May be worth thinking about where we stand at that............hint... Last year it was just under 1/3 of it

Unbelievable really that if you suggest to some supporters on here that Nat Con is out our reach they ridicule you .

Yet they never reveal where the £750k absolute minimum a season running costs is coming from considering our net income from gates would be approx. £350k max.

PAYING YOUR WAY IS THE UNACCEPTABLE FACE OF FOOTBALL for many fans .

youngchubby69

« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2017, 05:42:30 PM »

Unbelievable really that if you suggest to some supporters on here that Nat Con is out our reach they ridicule you .

Yet they never reveal where the £750k absolute minimum a season running costs is coming from considering our net income from gates would be approx. £350k max.

PAYING YOUR WAY IS THE UNACCEPTABLE FACE OF FOOTBALL for many fans .
Very true GHM as we have both said before, if we can't compete financially in this league,how the hell can we compete in the league above.
But no one is listening,and seem to be blinkered.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2017, 10:04:52 PM »
We cant compete, Well not financially with at least half the league. There was managers available that was not intrested in the Boston job, all was saying the budget was not realistic for the club and was only a bottom end budget.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2017, 11:41:39 PM »
We cant compete, Well not financially with at least half the league. There was managers available that was not intrested in the Boston job, all was saying the budget was not realistic for the club and was only a bottom end budget.
It was allegedly increased for AM....
Makes DG achievement look all the better doesn't it....
Shame he went on Twitter :(

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2017, 07:54:21 AM »

We can't compete financially with the big boys, and we're 10th in terms of attendances (an improvement on the 11th place when I last checked a few weeks back).

The landscape of non-league football has changed a lot in the last 20 years - two-up/down from the Football League and the sheer number of cash-cows emerging from the lower leagues means traditional non-league clubs like ours are feeling the squeeze. No point moaning about it - that's the world we live in. We need to hang on in there and strive for a brighter future away from York Street. And a sustainable one at that - many of the clubs with rich owners today will end up on the scrap heap tomorrow. We, on the other hand, won't.