Author Topic: v Kiddy  (Read 22004 times)

youngchubby69

Re: v Kiddy
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2017, 09:13:31 PM »
He fouled the keeper and the keeper retaliated with his elbow, a clear sending off and the keeper new it as he smiled at the lino after the decision had been made. A yellow for our number 9 and a red for the keeper would have been the correct decision.
By looking at the highlights, it was Clifton who fouled the keeper, all Thompson did was stand in front of the keeper, not a foul in my opinion.
All of the officials didn't look old enough to ref an under 15s match.

Harriers9

• View Profile
    • Harriers Online
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2017, 09:30:53 PM »
He didn't just stand in front of him did he though. He put his arms around him as if to get the ball off Hall or to stop him moving. Classed as impeding the goalkeeper.

Admittedly Hall should not have retaliated but it was only a push away with his arm and not an elbow and Thompson went down a little too easily.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2017, 09:51:30 PM »
Contact above the shoulders is classed as violent conduct, and he should have been sent off.

EDIT: Just watched it again - the keeper actually ran into Thompson (due to his momentum from catching the ball). Thompson was protecting himself from being pole-axed (which was still a foul), but then got a forearm to the face for his troubles.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 09:54:39 PM by Pilgrim86 »
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

youngchubby69

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2017, 10:34:28 PM »
He didn't just stand in front of him did he though. He put his arms around him as if to get the ball off Hall or to stop him moving. Classed as impeding the goalkeeper.

Admittedly Hall should not have retaliated but it was only a push away with his arm and not an elbow and Thompson went down a little too easily.
Watch the incident on the highlights, and not through rose tinted spectacles, your thug of a keeper grabs him round the back of the neck and throws him to the ground, if he went down easily so what, your players would have done the same and probably rolled around crying, but hey from what I saw at the end of the game, your players were nearly in tears.
What an embarrassment it must have been for you all, 2-0 to the 2nd from bottom team and drawing 2-2.
Should have took your chances in the first half, but then you failed in that also.
We won't beat you on Tuesday, but who cares anyway, it will just be a extra training session for us.
You play pretty passing football,of you like that sort of thing, but I would work on your defence if I was you, it didn't perform well under pressure, ours doesn't either but we have an excuse for that, we are second from bottom.

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2017, 02:24:33 PM »

One of those obviously who can see no wrong when its his own team i suggest you watch it again

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2017, 03:03:29 PM »
York at home, should we win the replay
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2017, 03:08:45 PM »

Most on your forum see it differently to you and admit it should have been a penalty and a red card .

youngchubby69

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2017, 09:37:15 PM »
A huge task for Craig, we can't stop goals going in.
Terrible defence we have the worst I have seen in all the years that I have been watching Boston.
Just awful and woeful.

Mick lawson

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2017, 09:52:10 PM »
Terrible defence we have the worst I have seen in all the years that I have been watching Boston.
Just awful and woeful.
I think I have to agree .Kidderminster look very pretty to watch but are nowhere near as good as the top 5 and they just played round us.for the 3, games Hawley was in charge I had a little hope that we would be OK but we seen to have lost what little spirit we had .I think the only shock we will see this season is if we stay up.because ifear the worst after watching the last 3 games. We looked so disorganized tonight a good team would have hammered tonight.

Mick lawson

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2017, 09:57:38 PM »
Just awful and woeful.
I think I have to agree .Kidderminster look very pretty to watch but are nowhere near as good as the top 5 and they just played round us.for the 3, games Hawley was in charge I had a little hope that we would be OK but we seen to have lost what little spirit we had .I think the only shock we will see this season is if we stay up.because ifear the worst after watching the last 3 games. We looked so disorganized tonight a good team would have hammered tonight.
what I will say is when we were battling for the play offs we had a quality keeper and at the minute I don't think we have. We concede lots of goals from shots outside of the box or at the near post .

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2017, 10:14:17 PM »
Well done for going Mick. So the new manager has four games under his belt. Hopefully he knows what needs to be done. Surely we can't continue to be this bad. As an aside, is Hawley still going to be playing ?

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2017, 10:19:22 PM »
Just awful and woeful.

It's not just the defence though Chubby, our firepower and lack of the threat has been missing all season since Murray brought his players in. The new manager has got a mountain to climb to keep us up and while I have been consistently barking positive messages to fellow fans who have got fed up during the last two seasons I feel that this season now could be the one where we drop down as I cannot honestly see where we are (A) going to create chances from, and (B) a strike force who can finish those chances off. The one positive from tonight is that we'll have the chance to play teams much weaker than that of Kiddy. But the other side of the coin is given current ability could we even finish any of them off ? I feel we are in a dire position and we desperately need some form,creativity and firepower.  Well done to those 10 that went tonight given current form.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2017, 10:46:27 PM »
Well done for going Mick. So the new manager has four games under his belt. Hopefully he knows what needs to be done. Surely we can't continue to be this bad. As an aside, is Hawley still going to be playing ?

He was a substitute tonight.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2017, 11:46:24 PM »
One of the officially numbered ten tonight (unsegregated, actually counted at least fourteen but hey ho). Yeah started OK but from their first shot they beat willis at near post. Poor keeping although defending was equally bad to let the lad cut inside two challenges
Never looked like scoring afterwards, second goal was going to happen
Easy win for them

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2017, 10:14:39 AM »
I said on the Facebook page when we signed Willis we'd regret it, I remember that goal JR scored against him on NYD at Gainsborough and nothing I've seen will convince me he's anything but a liability and down there with Dan Haystead as the poorest keeper I've seen down here. In fairness he's not been helped by a porous defence and a midfield that lacks all the basics.
However after a revival of sorts under Karl Hawley we're actually looking a worse team now than under AM which is a sobering prospect. A new manager normally brings in a new manager bounce, but that's not happening here, we've gone into freefall since this guy came in and I'm now wondering if he's been brought in to oversee an NPL rebuilding job next summer. If he has I hope the board are going to provide the funds for this, because it won't be a cheap fix if we do go down.......then the conspiracy theories about the new stadium and it's delivery will go into overdrive.