Author Topic: v Kiddy  (Read 22455 times)

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
v Kiddy
« on: November 25, 2017, 07:13:28 PM »
Terrible first half - sat back and let them play. They should have been three or four up.

Went two down in the second half and you couldn't argue with it. Then we introduced Rollins and Tashimanga and played to our strengths - getting forward and in their faces - pressing, using width - and we managed to get a couple of goals. A good outcome in the end.

Haven't heard the manager's interview so don't know if he was pleased or not but clearly loads to do. Wasn't overly impressed with the new loanees at the back. Ok but no better than Yeoman. The manager likes spitting.

TEP

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: v Kiddy
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2017, 07:37:38 PM »
Pretty accurate...
Should their keeper have gone???

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2017, 08:37:18 PM »
Pretty accurate...
Should their keeper have gone???
Without doubt, it should have been red. He raised his arm and struck his opponent. A no-brainer for me.

Regards the other 89 minutes, I agree with the initial synopsis. Watching from the dugout must have been pretty uncomfortable for the new gaffer, and the realisation of just how huge the task ahead is. He's got his work cut out, that's for sure.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 08:41:48 PM by The Third Twin »
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2017, 10:53:44 PM »
Dreadful for large parts. Fair play for them getting back in the game when it looked for all money we'd not score... But all it does is delay the hiding we'll get at their place

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2017, 11:48:02 PM »
Well. twice now we have been behind in a game and got back in it which is an improvement in my mind. Cannot pass comment on today's game as I was elsewhere with the lad on his 15th birthday. No sodding internet nor radio so had to wait until we got back towards civilisation to hear the score, when the lad said we were two down I feared the worse, but, if we can pick up a draw when we were outplayed then I think we can look towards the second half of the season with renewed hope and optimism.

I think we will turn them over on Tuesday, they had a massive chance today at 2 nil and blew it.

Shrimperpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2017, 07:48:15 AM »
We were totally out played for around 65 to 70 mins.
Kiddys movement had us chasing shadows all over the pitch and their pass selection was very good.
As others have said just couldn't see where a goal was ever coming from.
Then the subs were made and we started to look a threat.
The 2 new defenders didn't look an improvement but they were up against a good side on their debuts so I'll pass judgement for a while.
One massive positive was McGuire what a leader he is on the pitch he never gives up and his work rate and desire should make many of our side hang their heads.
One huge negative was the second Kiddy goal totally unmarked to head home embarrassing to watch.
And our new forward is a very willing runner just needs quality into him.
Lots to work on for the new manager.

youngchubby69

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2017, 08:24:25 AM »
 75 minutes poor out classed and out played, 15 minutes we were a decent side, why though Craig didn't introduced Jay a and Kabba earlier I don't know.
There Keeper should have walked, ref bottled that one.
Thompson looks a decent striker but as said earlier he needs the service into him.
Very cold with a poor attendance considering the low admission charge.
The Bovril was nice,and because of the cold weather I had two cups.

Mad Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2017, 08:59:22 AM »
I wouldn't describe our play as "terrible" in the first half...we weren't good, but Kiddy were. Kiddy were too sharp for us, their passing was spot on, and they were incisive - with decent finishing they could have scored a couple more. At that stage we had to try and contain them (and only did so with a bit of luck - something we've been short of in recent weeks!). Another attacking player might have helped keep the ball out of our half more. The two new defenders struggled initially, but I guess they'd not had time to train with us. The substitutions should have been made earlier. I think Craig is learning pretty quickly that the job is not easy, but it's better to experiment in a cup competition than in the league where points are vital (we know points will be difficult against the big boys, so we'll have to be up for it when we play the teams nearer us in the league - so a minimum of 4 points is required over our next 2 home games...so let's do our part and support the team properly and save any whingeing until AFTER the games!

youngchubby69

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2017, 03:55:56 PM »
I thought Harry Vince looked totally lost from the off, he is still a young lad and will learn from that experience.
It was good to see that our number 8 actually put his arm around his shoulder and gave him some support and advice.
Maguire unlike Chapman didn't start shouting at him when obviously he was struggling.
Maguire was a true leader out there yesterday, and that tackle he put in at the end of first half was what picked us up.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2017, 06:42:52 PM »
it is a shame he was kept on the bench to allow a "better " player in his place.................

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2017, 06:44:50 PM »
 In normal times Harry son would be loaned out ,but not normal times .

Incapacity to hire robust and effective  central defenders and midfields a continuing worry .   :angel:

Eddie Killick

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2017, 07:47:11 PM »
Their goalkeeper should have got his marching orders but can anyone tell me why Thompson got a yellow as well? I can only assume it was either something he said to the ref or he was booked for unsporting behaviour by exaggerating the incident. Obviously the ref thought he was play acting to some extent which explains why he didn`t allow the trainer on the pitch and waved him back.

Mick lawson

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2017, 08:25:05 PM »
Their goalkeeper should have got his marching orders but can anyone tell me why Thompson got a yellow as well? I can only assume it was either something he said to the ref or he was booked for unsporting behaviour by exaggerating the incident. Obviously the ref thought he was play acting to some extent which explains why he didn`t allow the trainer on the pitch and waved him back.
Thompson said he didn't need the trainer on .he got booked for fouling the keeper

Wyberton pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2017, 08:54:58 PM »
He fouled the keeper and the keeper retaliated with his elbow, a clear sending off and the keeper new it as he smiled at the lino after the decision had been made. A yellow for our number 9 and a red for the keeper would have been the correct decision.

youngchubby69

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2017, 09:09:58 PM »

The ref was pathetic, the keeper raised his hand to the head of Thompson in a unprovoked incident.
The ref should have allowed the trainer on in any case, that could have been a neck injury.