Author Topic: v Gainsborough tonight.  (Read 14273 times)

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: v Gainsborough tonight.
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2017, 05:19:54 PM »
By you DT ??  ;)

Good to see you back btw

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2017, 07:38:42 PM »
Interesting that 6 of tinpots team had played for us before and mainly been rejected!

I think it is fair to say 3 were rejects , two of the others were well regarded players in their short stay and the other a loyal reliable servant in his time with us .

Don't get the tinpot bit,  although when referring to GTFC quite a few use it .
I guess our friend Steeli will soon be on to agree/disagree with my comments .  The Northolme when compared to most lower non-league grounds is a plus for the club .
Never been relegated .
Non loss making .
Freehold of the ground
I can't recall the above three being applicable to our club over the last 50 years .

I seriously think when the time comes that DN hands over the club to the fans we could learn a few lessons from them .

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2017, 08:33:45 PM »
When was the last competitive match we won on penalties? League, FA Cup, FA Trophy.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2017, 08:50:43 PM »
When was the last competitive match we won on penalties? League, FA Cup, FA Trophy.

No idea B G , think we should sign a few Germans  :)

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2017, 08:58:50 PM »
possibly a few seasons back. We beat Stamford in the Lincs Cup on pens. Stamford included 2 subs well known to us that day, Gregg Smith and Ricky Miller.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2017, 09:55:05 PM »
Looked good going forwards but dreadful at the back. Long balls over the top and set plays were were getting totally done at the back stick
Thompson was very impressive on the right wing for us. But hell do well to have an easier opponent than Stainfield, who got rinced all night

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2017, 10:52:42 PM »
Interesting that 6 of tinpots team had played for us before and mainly been rejected!

I think it is fair to say 3 were rejects , two of the others were well regarded players in their short stay and the other a loyal reliable servant in his time with us .

I guess our friend Steeli will soon be on to agree/disagree with my comments .  The Northolme when compared to most lower non-league grounds is a plus for the club .
Never been relegated .
Non loss making .
Freehold of the ground
I can't recall the above three being applicable to our club over the last 50 years .

I seriously think when the time comes that DN hands over the club to the fans we could learn a few lessons from them .

Never been relegated but, have they ever finished the lge in a relegation position?
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2017, 09:04:53 AM »

Never been relegated .
Non loss making .
Freehold of the ground

Never been relegated but, have they ever finished the lge in a relegation position?

Can't recall details Dave but I am sure you will give the us facts , guessing I would say some basket case club going bust mid season .  Still credit due to them.  In fairness maybe Blues fans and football people nationwide will claim that we only scraped into the football league by the geriatric speed at which the FA dealt with Mr Beans investigation .

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2017, 10:04:05 AM »
we went to boston town they aint a classy side but they work hard all over the pitch one talking point was there skipper no'5  he demanded more help at the back when needed and got it granddad pade for fishanchips  so that made it a greate night all round well dun town we will come agane wen we can u ar well worth watching

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2017, 01:06:36 PM »

Never been relegated .
Non loss making .
Freehold of the ground

Can't recall details Dave but I am sure you will give the us facts , guessing I would say some basket case club going bust mid season .  Still credit due to them.  In fairness maybe Blues fans and football people nationwide will claim that we only scraped into the football league by the geriatric speed at which the FA dealt with Mr Beans investigation .

Don’t know Pete thought I had read somewhere they escaped relegation due to others misfortune/mismanagement. Maybe Steeli can fill us in.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2017, 03:14:21 PM »
You can check their season by season records...

http://www.fchd.info/GAINSTRI.HTM
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

garry@

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2017, 07:15:44 PM »
Pilgrim,
Thanks for that information and Link,
Very good and just spent an hour using it.