Author Topic: V Harrogate  (Read 11054 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: V Harrogate
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2017, 07:26:49 PM »
I'm sure Craig learnt much today about the  job in hand , good luck to him he's got a massive job and I hope those who call for miracles show sense and tolerance .  He's inherited a worse mess than what AM did and I fear he will have to make probably bigger decisions than planned .   His clearing out and recruiting skills will have to exceed those of AM.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2017, 08:04:19 PM »
Summed up pretty well in last couple of posts. The next two matches are important for one reason only and that is for the manager to have a close look at the whole squad, it will give him the chance to confirm who he will move forward with and who needs to be shown the door. The on loan striker only on for a short time looked as if he can be a handful but he will only thrive when we have a couple of decent mid fielders who can look up and play decent balls. Does wear me down that we play a player purely for his long throws, this has become our best line of attack or should I say our only line of attack and really such a situation is totally unacceptable and I agree with GHM he needs replacing with Jan at left back. We also need a decent centre half as I am afraid Beatson is not the answer. As for todays game we were well beaten  and it was back to long ball to Smith who worked hard but is not the answer, I felt if the new striker had started he may well of got on the end of a couple lovely balls from Jay and it is those chances we need to be sticking away but are not capable of doing with a target man.  UTP.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2017, 08:13:56 PM »
His clearing out and recruiting skills will have to exceed those of AM.
That's the easy  bit:)

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2017, 09:30:52 PM »
The early penalty was a bonus but we were never really a threat. C. E would have known he has a big job to turn it around. This confirms it. Results this week haven't gone our way. Four pts adrift....

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2017, 10:37:53 PM »
Here's the link to the usual public Facebook Album with a few snaps from the game:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10155889844284282.1073742002.570994281&type=1&l=ab4c94866d

Spa Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2017, 11:46:56 PM »
The early penalty was a bonus but we were never really a threat. C. E would have known he has a big job to turn it around. This confirms it. Results this week haven't gone our way. Four pts adrift....
[/quote
4 points adrift yes, but above that it's very close with 3 points separating the next 7. A couple of wins will make a huge difference.  Lets be positive!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2017, 08:27:56 AM »
[/quote
4 points adrift yes, but above that it's very close with 3 points separating the next 7. A couple of wins will make a huge difference.  Lets be positive!

Four points adrift .....  I share the concerns of josh , 19th place is out target at the moment .   I suspect CE may have a more difficult job than he and many realise,    if he achieves the above target or anything better he can consider it  success ,  AM repeatedly complained about starting the season with a blank canvas , far easier job starting from a blank canvas than inheriting a team of mainly losers midseason .
Back the manager .

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2017, 09:11:07 AM »
Obviously we don't want to go down, so one place above will be good. I don't think that will be good enough for Craig, he said he is a winner, a winner will expect to be much higher in the league come May.
I hope I'm not going to mess this up but I have a new hope now. I was never happy with AM, a nice bloke he might be but a manager? Nah.
It all starts with the game against Kiddy, I'll be there, lets hope lots of others will be too.   :D
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2017, 10:15:26 AM »
Obviously we don't want to go down, so one place above will be good. I don't think that will be good enough for Craig, he said he is a winner, a winner will expect to be much higher in the league come May.
I hope I'm not going to mess this up but I have a new hope now. I was never happy with AM, a nice bloke he might be but a manager? Nah.
It all starts with the game against Kiddy, I'll be there, lets hope lots of others will be too.   :D

Shows how far down AM took us , I stated at the start of the season 7th place would be failure , now here we are 19 games in and many of us would settle for 19th .
Considering it is a whole new experience for Craig fighting relegation it will be a great learning curve for him .   

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2017, 11:17:49 AM »
Totally agree GHM. This season will certainly test his managerial skills and his motivational skills too.
I would think he knew what he was getting in to, plus he probably already knows what needs pruning.
The next few games will be interesting, see what's left of the squad he inherited after them.  ;)
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2017, 02:10:03 PM »
And a few snaps for those that don't do Facebook:

http://www.bufc.drfox.org.uk/harrogatetown181117.html

youngchubby69

« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2017, 04:47:50 PM »

Shows how far down AM took us , I stated at the start of the season 7th place would be failure , now here we are 19 games in and many of us would settle for 19th .
Considering it is a whole new experience for Craig fighting relegation it will be a great learning curve for him .
I suppose in a way it's a good thing that CE has the next to non league games to work things out, if they were league games he would be under pressure to get results and not be able to try all the players out.
If we could win the next two games it would though be a confidence booster.
I would like to add, that I think David Newton has been really shrewd with this appointment, I feel he is covering all bases with CE, if we go down we have a manager that can compete down there and knows the players.
If we stay up CE will then have the knowledge of this league and then knows what he has to do and face next season.
Let's hope for the best hey !!

garry@

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2017, 10:36:39 PM »
As always goog photos Ken,
I wonder how many other teams have 11 people sat on the bench.

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2017, 10:56:54 PM »
i didn't think Harrogate were anything special to complement their league position. we battled on to the end but we were never quite good enough get back into it. Harrogate second goal was awesome and their third was on the break from a mix up in front of the Harrogate box. I thought rollins was excellent but far to much is expected from him with poor support and back up. the biggest problem was smith. he is clearly unfit, and was incapable of jumping, running, or even getting in position to assist in any teamwork. yet most of the time the ball was lumped to him in hope. there is a few basic things that can be easily done to make improvements. just supporting and backing each other up as well as talking more would improve things. at times these basic things were not there, which spells relegation standard. thankfully we now have a new manager who now can get to work. but we need a strong man in the middle and a new striker.