Author Topic: Craig Elliot  (Read 44589 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Craig Elliot
« Reply #90 on: November 20, 2017, 11:59:34 AM »
As seen by P86 response a ridiculous budget to go into the CN with .

No, you misread me. £450 per player for 20 players and you should be finishing in the top 3 or 4 in Conference North.

I think your right P86 .  but the figures in the projection were as stated for the National Conference .

Shrimperpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 21, 2017, 12:10:39 AM »
Relegation would be a disaster end of!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 21, 2017, 10:39:33 AM »
Relegation would be a disaster end of!

Don't think last time we was relegated turned out to be a disaster , S & H provided us with a winning team , bigger gates and followed up by taking us to play-off place in Con North without any apparent financial set backs .
If the worse does happen I think CE has the credentials to get us back , not the most difficult task he will be confronted with if , as we hope he has a longer term future at Boston . Seeing he has got Shaw Lane into a play-off spot we must be doing something wrong if we can't provide the tools for him to do it here .

I think DN has made an astute appointment here ,  don't let's doubt his judgement and Craig's ability before the new manager gets his teeth into the job .

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 21, 2017, 12:17:32 PM »
Don't think last time we was relegated turned out to be a disaster

Really? We almost went down!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 21, 2017, 02:30:22 PM »
Don't think last time we was relegated turned out to be a disaster

Really? We almost went down!

Correct P86 , almost , then thankfully went on to have 5 decent seasons out of 8 .

I think as we get older a football "disaster" is rated in a different light .
Disaster to me in footballing terms is ...
Old foes like R&D , Kettering , Darlington etc losing their stadiums ,  and many other basket cases of financial lunacy by clubs like Ilkeston , Northwich etc etc .

Closer to home watching BUFC  ,yes the Pilgrims) of the Boston & District league  concede 16 goals in the FA CUP against Spalding U on a public playing field due to YS being padlocked for a season .

Small businesses (creditors) ruined or put in peril by crazy management decisions of bust clubs .

Turning up at YS on a Sunday morning expecting the demise of BUFC , thankfully a Chestnut turned up to safe the club .

Keith Alexander's early death .

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 17, 2017, 05:31:26 PM »
 CE .
  First Proper manager since ??

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 17, 2017, 07:43:13 PM »
I feel very confident Craig will be a success, why? because he appears to know exactly what he wants and what is needed not just to stop the rot but move the club forward. I liked the fact that he didn't hesitate to make changes yesterday, not sticking rigidly to pre arranged times for substitutions but doing it when needed. I like the look of the new recruits who look very confident and happy on the ball and look forward to welcoming those that Craig is targeting to complete his own squad. I like the way his team are not accepting defeat when going a goal down, it seems he is instilling in them his ethic of winning at any cost which is exactly what is needed in our present battle. And the fact that he is a Ponty lad just like me is the icing on the cake.  UTP. 

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 17, 2017, 08:18:12 PM »
I agree with much of that OXO but would question his two loanees from the Championship - Stabana and Curry. I don't think either add anything over and above what we've got and I would prefer to see Yeomans in the starting line up to either of them.

TEP

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 17, 2017, 09:01:36 PM »
Agree with that T E P but I am confident if they don't cut it they will be gone as will anyone else who does't cut it.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 17, 2017, 09:16:16 PM »
They are loanees and will probably go .. as CE has signed 2 other defenders .

One could argue there is now a servicable attack and midfield in place .

And with improving results on the pitch , I would like to think (probably wrongly) that the purse strings are being relaxed to fix the defence  ::)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 17, 2017, 10:12:40 PM »
They are loanees and will probably go .. as CE has signed 2 other defenders .

One could argue there is now a servicable attack and midfield in place .

And with improving results on the pitch , I would like to think (probably wrongly) that the purse strings are being relaxed to fix the defence  ::)

I would think its a case of a one in one out process Ted .

youngchubby69

« Reply #101 on: January 08, 2018, 09:44:56 PM »
He has been in charge for over a month now, so what do you think is his winning formula.
Be interesting to know what you all think, but it has been a remarkable turn around, in such a short time.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 08, 2018, 10:53:00 PM »
He's recruited some better players and has a better backroom team. As a management team they appear to command respect and they have the ability to get the best out of the players.

Murray talked a great fight but delivered very little. Elliott doesn't say as much but let's his team do all the talking.

I dont think there's any magic formula. Some managers just have it.

TEP

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 08, 2018, 11:09:11 PM »
The teams he's managed play(ed) winning football. His judgement of players seems very astute. He has brought workers and a unity to the team. There's no falling out on the field, and no giving up. As said, the results are doing the talking. He's stepped up to the level and the future under him looks very positive.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

danboston

• Olè Pilgrims olè!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 17, 2018, 09:55:27 PM »

With him, Boston is getting back on track: good choice by the board.  :angel: