Author Topic: Craig Elliot  (Read 44832 times)

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Craig Elliot
« Reply #75 on: November 18, 2017, 12:46:10 PM »
Worth bearing in mind it was only £10 to entrance fee when we were in the league below now, 30% higher at £13. This may have had some impact on attendances. But for the club 1000 @ £13 is more income than 1200 @ £10.

I really can't imagine relegation would be good for the club, financially or otherwise. If we did manage to get into the playoffs next season and get promotion, then I'm sure that this would be good for the club financially with higher attendances and can put the entry fee up from £13 to around £15. Yes, there may need to be an increase in playing budget but I'm sure the club would still be better off if stayed part time.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 18, 2017, 01:24:11 PM »
Worth bearing in mind it was only £10 to entrance fee when we were in the league below now, 30% higher at £13. This may have had some impact on attendances. But for the club 1000 @ £13 is more income than 1200 @ £10.

I really can't imagine relegation would be good for the club, financially or otherwise. If we did manage to get into the playoffs next season and get promotion, then I'm sure that this would be good for the club financially with higher attendances and can put the entry fee up from £13 to around £15. Yes, there may need to be an increase in playing budget but I'm sure the club would still be better off if stayed part time.

Your figures do not stand up to scrutiny Lee ,  a substantial amount of support is pensioners and kids therefore I would estimate that admission price works out near to £10,  then Vat to be deducted .
Implementing your idea of a £3 price increase on attaining promotion ,working on a very optimistic figure of a 500 increase in attendances this would work out at an increase in income of £2500 per week , £500 extra would be needed in general overheads a week leaving £2000 a week extra for budget ,  nowhere near enough to compete at Nat Con level .
Working on your budgeting Lee we are doomed .

« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 01:35:49 PM by green hats mate »

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 18, 2017, 01:26:14 PM »
I'm with Tash & Oxo, as I posted earlier I see relegation as a disaster for the club.

Consequences:

Reduced season ticket sales + expected lower home gates; along with possible withdrawn/stagnation in sponsorship.

A struggle to recruit quality players due to smaller playing budget with players unwilling to travel here on evostik wages.

Our better players leave to join other CN teams

Difficulty to challenge in the Evo Stik league due to the above.

Also where would lower league football leave BUFC re the proposed new stadium?

Plenty of games left to keep us in CN. Hope Craig Elliot is the man to do it !

My statement was relegation is a better option than promotion .
Relegation to the Evo in recent history didn't do us any harm , remember S&H winning games in front of bigger gates than we are getting at the moment and bigger S/T sales ?. The vast majority of fans seemed happier then than they do now . Sponsors seemed happy .  That's a short summary to cover my relegation argument .

Where will we find a backer to fund F/T football to finance promotion ,and if promotion is achieved will the sponsor sink even more money in to sustain NC football without financial disaster ?  Idea's please .

Re: new ground ,  a lower grading ground would be acceptable resulting in lower initial costs .

You really need a bigger spade now GHM. I'm more than sure you will keep digging.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 18, 2017, 01:42:24 PM »
I'm with Tash & Oxo, as I posted earlier I see relegation as a disaster for the club.

Consequences:

Reduced season ticket sales + expected lower home gates; along with possible withdrawn/stagnation in sponsorship.

A struggle to recruit quality players due to smaller playing budget with players unwilling to travel here on evostik wages.

Relegation to the Evo in recent history didn't do us any harm , remember S&H winning games in front of bigger gates than we are getting at the moment and bigger S/T sales ?. The vast majority of fans seemed happier then than they do now . Sponsors seemed happy .  That's a short summary to cover my relegation argument .

Where will we find a backer to fund F/T football to finance promotion ,and if promotion is achieved will the sponsor sink even more money in to sustain NC football without financial disaster ?  Idea's please .

Re: new ground ,  a lower grading ground would be acceptable resulting in lower initial costs .

You really need a bigger spade now GHM. I'm more than sure you will keep digging.

Sorry Champ you seem to miss entering details in your response ,  there for I can't detect why I need a spade .
I asked for a response to contradict my argument and you have failed to enclose it .  Awaiting your figures with interest .
Which part of my post gave incorrect details ?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 01:46:01 PM by green hats mate »

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 18, 2017, 01:51:29 PM »
This topic is supposed to be about Craig Elliot and I'm sure it won't do him or the club any good when supporters are "discussing" the merits or demerits of demotion.  Get a grip lads and lassies and let us pull our weight and put our efforts into positivity for this season.
United we stand..................

mdfman

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 18, 2017, 05:49:38 PM »
Relegation would not be a good idea. There is no guarantee we would have a successful season in the division below so we cannot assume crowds would be higher than this season to make up for the reduced admission prices and other lost revenue. Let's hope the season picks up and this point becomes irrelevant.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 18, 2017, 07:11:19 PM »
 I would ask folk to look at Shaw Lanes utubes from last few months and see what successful style of play they can glean .

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 18, 2017, 07:30:43 PM »
I would ask folk to look at Shaw Lanes utubes from last few months and see what successful style of play they can glean .

A lot of us don't have the time Ted ,   presumably you have had a look ,  what's your conclusion ?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 19, 2017, 04:04:49 PM »

Consequences:

Sorry Champ you seem to miss entering details in your response ,  there for I can't detect why I need a spade .
I asked for a response to contradict my argument and you have failed to enclose it .  Awaiting your figures with interest .

CHAMPS ,  looks as if you are struggling for figures so I will help .
A 1500 gate in the Nat Con would bring in a net figure of appx £350,000 a year ,  approx. £7k a week .
With Chestnuts 150k a year and sponsorship would bring this up to about £12k a week .
Say the day to day running is £3k a week (low estimate I guess) that leaves  £9k a week for players wages .
Now if you are going to build a N C squad of 20 players on an average of £450 a week it will be certain relegation and gates down to 1,000 by the end of November . I doubt there is a team in NC with a wage bill of less than £12k  , and most in the £15 -£25+bracket.     DISASTROUS !!!

We've been along that route before with players on wages well over what we could  afford ,  but for the grace of God and Chestnuts purse we would not be discussing BUFC on Patter today .

Now I will repeat my statement , if we are relegated I would prefer the possibility of a S&H type season in the EVO to regroup and remain solvent . as opposed to disaster ( barring a miracle)  through living above our means for a season in the Nat Con .
Dress it up as you wish but without a sugar daddy NC would be a financial disaster for us at the present time .

Now if you, OXO and Tash can convince me and the majority of fans that the NC disaster option is the sensible way forward and explain how we would survive then forget  OXOs backside , I will willingly let OXO and TASH and yourself slap my arse in the centre of York St pitch pre-match Boxing Day .

No business plans accepted on Jim Rothwells discarded fag packets . :)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 19, 2017, 04:09:24 PM »
Now if you are going to build a N C squad of 20 players on an average of £450 a week it will be certain relegation

Are you joking?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 19, 2017, 04:28:53 PM »

Consequences:

A 1500 gate in the Nat Con would bring in a net figure of appx £350,000 a year ,  approx. £7k a week .
With Chestnuts 150k a year and sponsorship would bring this up to about £12k a week .
Say the day to day running is £3k a week (low estimate I guess) that leaves  £9k a week for players wages .
Now if you are going to build a N C squad of 20 players on an average of £450 a week it will be certain relegation and gates down to 1,000 by the end of November . I doubt there is a team in NC with a wage bill of less than £12k  , and most in the £15 -£25+bracket.     DISASTROUS !!!

We've been along that route before with players on wages well over what we could  afford ,  but for the grace of God and Chestnuts purse we would not be discussing BUFC on Patter today .

Now I will repeat my statement , if we are relegated I would prefer the possibility of a S&H type season in the EVO to regroup and remain solvent . as opposed to disaster ( barring a miracle)  through living above our means for a season in the Nat Con .
Dress it up as you wish but without a sugar daddy NC would be a financial disaster for us at the present time .

Now if you, OXO and Tash can convince me and the majority of fans that the NC disaster option is the sensible way forward and explain how we would survive then forget  OXOs backside , I will willingly let OXO and TASH and yourself slap my arse in the centre of York St pitch pre-match Boxing Day .

I said you would keep digging with that bigger spade Hats & of course you have. You pathetically attempt to rationalise & justify your "preference that BUFC is relegated".

Your promotion argument is hypothetical as we are in a desperate fight to stay in the Conference North. Yes the Relegation fight that you would "Prefer" we Lost.

No doubt you will endeavour to continue to intellectualise your rediculous PRO Relegation nonsense even further.

You must feel increasingly lonely in that massive hole your digging.

youngchubby69

« Reply #86 on: November 19, 2017, 04:33:15 PM »

Consequences:

I agree GHM as I have said before if we can't compete financially in this league how the hell can we expect to in the NC.
It ain't going to happen full stop!!
Our future success revolves around getting that Stadium built,so we are making money not loosing it.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 19, 2017, 07:17:30 PM »

Consequences:

I said you would keep digging with that bigger spade Hats & of course you have. You pathetically attempt to rationalise & justify your "preference that BUFC is relegated".

Your promotion argument is hypothetical as we are in a desperate fight to stay in the Conference North. Yes the Relegation fight that you would "Prefer" we Lost.

No doubt you will endeavour to continue to intellectualise your rediculous PRO Relegation nonsense even further.

You must feel increasingly lonely in that massive hole your digging.

Read it again Champs ,
Stick to what I put and don't distraught or take it out of context .
Many people on here know that I am a pilgrim fanatic (for 70 years) who can do simple calculations . You should have gathered this recently when I corrected your player goals/appns statistic . I don't want to see the team go down , likewise we aren't ready for promotion until we get a windfall
I don't feel lonely ,  As seen by P86 response a ridiculous budget to go into the CN with .
The other poster who has come on to comment agrees with my thoughts and projections .
Point out where they are unrealistic .
The "spade" is a weak excuse to avoid answering and trying to verify your comments .
Show us your projected figures that gives evidence BUFC have the finance in place to justify CN football .
I suspect you will be unable and revert to hiding behind your "spade" .

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 20, 2017, 10:18:00 AM »
As seen by P86 response a ridiculous budget to go into the CN with .

No, you misread me. £450 per player for 20 players and you should be finishing in the top 3 or 4 in Conference North.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 20, 2017, 11:11:19 AM »
I may be wrong, but I thought this thread was about Craig Elliot and not the fiscal capabilities of BUFC sustaining life in the CN.   Leave the budgeting to DN and the Board, they should know how much is in the pot.