Author Topic: Craig Elliot  (Read 44603 times)

youngchubby69

Re: Craig Elliot
« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2017, 02:07:24 AM »
bit harsh on the keeper Chubby :)

No I meant as a good number two, I think Willis is a decent keeper, but we don't have anyone to really push him.
would the wages spent on a second keeper be better spent on extra outfield talent?
 assuming there is a limit to the playing budget? Maybe a second keeper is considered an unnecessary luxury?

Probably TTT, I wouldn't think there is much money left to spend in the budget, or perhaps DN has held some back.
The Quadrant development seems to be moving along nicely, so there might be some extra Wonga available.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 16, 2017, 09:20:45 AM »
 Probably the latest move in the 'we hate Boston ' vibe .

Rue the money wasted on the last excuse for a manager .

CE s experience in the NLP may come in very useful in the coming years ..

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: where are they now?
« Reply #62 on: November 16, 2017, 09:51:05 AM »
Gregg Mills has joined Darlington.
29 goals in 74 Conf North games.
Good going for a left winger!

To replace Mark Beck, a 6ft 5ins centre forward sold by Darlington to, you've guessed it, Harrogate Town.  He was The Quakers' leading scorer last season.  Will he be in the team against us on Sat?

Real merry go round  resulting from York taking Darlo manager and Darlo replacing him with Nunny manager .

York have taken 3 players which Darlo fans seem disappointed to lose ,  they seem not to have any problems with Beck going to Harrogate as they claim he is injury prone .

Mills gaol return is fantastic considering he has scored few goals at Nunny and their fans are delighted to see the back of him .

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: where are they now?
« Reply #63 on: November 16, 2017, 10:04:31 AM »

To replace Mark Beck, a 6ft 5ins centre forward sold by Darlington to, you've guessed it, Harrogate Town.  He was The Quakers' leading scorer last season.  Will he be in the team against us on Sat?

Real merry go round  resulting from York taking Darlo manager and Darlo replacing him with Nunny manager .

York have taken 3 players which Darlo fans seem disappointed to lose ,  they seem not to have any problems with Beck going to Harrogate as they claim he is injury prone .

Mills gaol return is fantastic considering he has scored few goals at Nunny and their fans are delighted to see the back of him .

According to Wiki Greg Mills has scored 32 goals in 161 northern Con games .

youngchubby69

« Reply #64 on: November 16, 2017, 02:24:59 PM »

Do you think if we get relegated it would be the end of the world, I don't think it would and would probably give us a chance to save a bit of money and build a winning team, as S&H did.
The gates would probably be better than they are now.
I don't think we will go down, as I think this team is showing that it can dominate teams at the top end of this league.
We still need to improve on killing games off, but I feel that will come in time.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 16, 2017, 04:44:27 PM »
 Hi YC .
   I touched on something similar at a point when DG was under scrutiny .
  It was the old 3/4 cornered argument re New ground when/ if / potential V going full / part time V ability/will of Bostonshire public to support a certain level of football .. ::)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 16, 2017, 07:14:57 PM »

Do you think if we get relegated it would be the end of the world, I don't think it would and would probably give us a chance to save a bit of money and build a winning team, as S&H did.
I don't think we will go down, as I think this team is showing that it can dominate teams at the top end of this league.
We still need to improve on killing games off, but I feel that will come in time.

Valid points there chubby , conversely getting promoted does not guarantee bigger gates if you cannot put out a winning side .
I think at the moment relegation would be preferable to promotion .
I think the next six games will give a good indication if relegation is a real threat .
Probably  more twists and turns before the season ends .
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 07:17:10 PM by green hats mate »

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 16, 2017, 09:34:19 PM »

Valid points there chubby , conversely getting promoted does not guarantee bigger gates if you cannot put out a winning side .
I think the next six games will give a good indication if relegation is a real threat .

Valid point my backside Pete have you both been on the juice. Relegation preferable to promotion? never heard such crap, for goodness sake brighten up your outlook the pair of you and stop posting such rubbish. By the way you know I love you really.  UTP

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 16, 2017, 09:49:03 PM »

Valid point my backside Pete have you both been on the juice. Relegation preferable to promotion? never heard such crap, for goodness sake brighten up your outlook the pair of you and stop posting such rubbish. By the way you know I love you really.  UTP

We've a long way to go on and of the field before we can dream about promotion Mel ,  demotion might be the lesser of the two evils .

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 16, 2017, 10:33:06 PM »
As my Lad said when we were two down the other week "Well, at least we will see some new teams and grounds next season" every cloud etc :D

youngchubby69

« Reply #70 on: November 17, 2017, 01:30:31 AM »
A few little stats that kindly sent to me by Shaw Lane fan

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #71 on: November 17, 2017, 07:26:14 PM »

Relegation would be disastrous, don’t forget before the re-organisation of the Conf into national , north and south we are actually in the Northern Premier League now, if we were to be relegated this season it would be the equivalent to the Northern (evo lge 1 south). Anyone who thinks that would be a good thing needs to get real I’m afraid. Like Mel I love you really.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 17, 2017, 09:58:09 PM »
I'm with Tash & Oxo, as I posted earlier I see relegation as a disaster for the club.

Consequences:

Reduced season ticket sales + expected lower home gates; along with possible withdrawn/stagnation in sponsorship.

A struggle to recruit quality players due to smaller playing budget with players unwilling to travel here on evostik wages.

Our better players leave to join other CN teams

Difficulty to challenge in the Evo Stik league due to the above.

Also where would lower league football leave BUFC re the proposed new stadium?

Plenty of games left to keep us in CN. Hope Craig Elliot is the man to do it !

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 17, 2017, 11:59:59 PM »
I'm with Tash & Oxo, as I posted earlier I see relegation as a disaster for the club.

Consequences:

Reduced season ticket sales + expected lower home gates; along with possible withdrawn/stagnation in sponsorship.

A struggle to recruit quality players due to smaller playing budget with players unwilling to travel here on evostik wages.

Agree with all the above.  Lets not let that happen and support our new manager.
United we stand..................

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 18, 2017, 12:29:52 PM »

Consequences:

My statement was relegation is a better option than promotion .
Relegation to the Evo in recent history didn't do us any harm , remember S&H winning games in front of bigger gates than we are getting at the moment and bigger S/T sales ?. The vast majority of fans seemed happier then than they do now . Sponsors seemed happy .  That's a short summary to cover my relegation argument .

Where will we find a backer to fund F/T football to finance promotion ,and if promotion is achieved will the sponsor sink even more money in to sustain NC football without financial disaster ?  Idea's please .

Re: new ground ,  a lower grading ground would be acceptable resulting in lower initial costs .