Author Topic: Craig Elliot  (Read 44470 times)

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Craig Elliot
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2017, 01:46:14 PM »
Looks like we had to pay for his services, as he was on a contract until 2019.
Apparently they came to an agreement.

That's something else DN said wouldn't happen because BUFC couldn't afford it.

Doesn't say financial agreement... we'll probably be playing them next pre-season!

Craig Wood, chairman of Evo-Stik League Premier club Shaw Lane AFC, has announced the departure of manager Craig Elliott.

Wood announced that his manager had decided to make the step up into the Vanarama National League North with Boston United.

Wood said: “Craig has this morning announced that he will be leaving the club with immediate effect to join Boston United as their first-team manager.

“Craig spoke to myself this morning to announce his decision and stated that he had not made the decision lightly, but felt that the opportunity to manage such a big club as Boston United does not come around too often. Craig is expected to take his backroom staff with him, although this has yet to be confirmed.

“Craig was appointed as manager of Shaw Lane AFC by myself in February 2014 and in that time has brought three promotions in four seasons as well as securing the Sheffield Senior Cup last season and took the club to the First Round proper of the Emirates FA Cup this season. Unfortunately, when a manager is as successful as Craig has been, then invariably it will attract attention from other clubs and, although Craig was under contract with Shaw Lane until 2019, an agreement has been reached between both clubs and I would like to thank Craig for the great work he has done in that time at our football club and I wish him well for the future.

Thanks for that... doesn't really answer my post though, does it? "an agreement has been reached between both clubs"

As you say it could be a freindly agreement,

Could even be something silly like a agreement that we wont raid there team

youngchubby69

« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2017, 02:42:05 PM »
Yes that could very well be the agreement, as that would probably cost them promotion.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2017, 04:54:50 PM »
Looks like we had to pay for his services, as he was on a contract until 2019.
Apparently they came to an agreement.

That's something else DN said wouldn't happen because BUFC couldn't afford it.

Doesn't say financial agreement... we'll probably be playing them next pre-season!

Craig Wood, chairman of Evo-Stik League Premier club Shaw Lane AFC, has announced the departure of manager Craig Elliott.

Wood announced that his manager had decided to make the step up into the Vanarama National League North with Boston United.

Wood said: “Craig has this morning announced that he will be leaving the club with immediate effect to join Boston United as their first-team manager.

“Craig spoke to myself this morning to announce his decision and stated that he had not made the decision lightly, but felt that the opportunity to manage such a big club as Boston United does not come around too often. Craig is expected to take his backroom staff with him, although this has yet to be confirmed.

“Craig was appointed as manager of Shaw Lane AFC by myself in February 2014 and in that time has brought three promotions in four seasons as well as securing the Sheffield Senior Cup last season and took the club to the First Round proper of the Emirates FA Cup this season. Unfortunately, when a manager is as successful as Craig has been, then invariably it will attract attention from other clubs and, although Craig was under contract with Shaw Lane until 2019, an agreement has been reached between both clubs and I would like to thank Craig for the great work he has done in that time at our football club and I wish him well for the future.

Thanks for that... doesn't really answer my post though, does it? "an agreement has been reached between both clubs"

As you say it could be a freindly agreement,

Could even be something silly like a agreement that we wont raid there team

There are FA rules about how many non-contract players you can sign from one team every 28 days. Although I assume most of their squad are on (well paid) contracts.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2017, 02:07:38 AM »
One would like to think of hiring the odd younger player from Shaw Lane .

I hope a distinctive and positive change in management style is seen from Saturday onwards  ::)

Shrimperpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2017, 06:59:45 AM »
I hope we play with width and are in their faces out of possession add a forward and possibly 1 or 2 better additions then we will start to climb the league.
As for the current squad lads keep the work rate of the last 3 games up and we will move up the table.

youngchubby69

« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2017, 03:45:01 PM »
I agree Craig will have to add to this team, to avoid the drop.
I know we need another striker, but I guess we will need another midfielder, defender and possibly a goal keeper.
But Craig dissent seem to think he needs anyone at the moment, but I think he will soon realise he does.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2017, 05:37:41 PM »
Will Hawley stay as a striker ?

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2017, 07:19:07 PM »
bit harsh on the keeper Chubby :)

youngchubby69

« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2017, 07:19:49 PM »
I don't know, but nobody has said that he has left yet.
So he may stay who knows.

youngchubby69

« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2017, 07:22:07 PM »

No I meant as a good number two, I think Willis is a decent keeper, but we don't have anyone to really push him.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2017, 11:05:19 PM »

No I meant as a good number two, I think Willis is a decent keeper, but we don't have anyone to really push him.
would the wages spent on a second keeper be better spent on extra outfield talent?
 assuming there is a limit to the playing budget? Maybe a second keeper is considered an unnecessary luxury?
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: where are they now?
« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2017, 11:19:12 PM »
Gregg Mills has joined Darlington.
29 goals in 74 Conf North games.
Good going for a left winger!

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2017, 11:38:35 PM »

To replace Mark Beck, a 6ft 5ins centre forward sold by Darlington to, you've guessed it, Harrogate Town.  He was The Quakers' leading scorer last season.  Will he be in the team against us on Sat?
United we stand..................

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 16, 2017, 01:57:52 AM »
 6'5 ?
  No worries ..  :-X

youngchubby69

« Reply #59 on: November 16, 2017, 02:03:07 AM »

To replace Mark Beck, a 6ft 5ins centre forward sold by Darlington to, you've guessed it, Harrogate Town.  He was The Quakers' leading scorer last season.  Will he be in the team against us on Sat?

Let's hope that Harrogate get promoted, or all this splashing the cash around could seriously come back and bite them.
It seems to me that they are getting carried away with trying to keep up with Salford,.
If they don't get automatic promotion, it will mean the play offs for them, and we all know that is a lottery and very really goes to the favourite.