Author Topic: Craig Elliot  (Read 44483 times)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Craig Elliot
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2017, 11:58:22 AM »
Looks like we had to pay for his services, as he was on a contract until 2019.
Apparently they came to an agreement.

That's something else DN said wouldn't happen because BUFC couldn't afford it.

Doesn't say financial agreement... we'll probably be playing them next pre-season!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2017, 12:18:11 PM »
True, and Shaw Lane's budget is such that they probably don't need to rinse us for taking their guy - but who knows?

youngchubby69

« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2017, 01:14:21 PM »

Yes you are right there, he did say that.
Probably none of the applicants really met the standard.
Definitely a u turn though.

Mick lawson

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2017, 03:08:31 PM »

didn't Dave newton say he wasn't going to go finding a manager from another club not say he wasn't going to pay compo .

youngchubby69

« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2017, 03:56:15 PM »

didn't Dave newton say he wasn't going to go finding a manager from another club not say he wasn't going to pay compo .
Yes that is correct Mick, but we don't know who approached who, perhaps he did apply for the position.
I don't think there is anything stopping a manager applying for other jobs, freedom of movement etc.

youngchubby69

« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2017, 04:16:13 PM »
So all in all do we think this is a potentially good appointment or not, I was surprised when I heard.
Never saw that coming, unless I missed it no one mentioned his name.
This is an ambitious appointment, but also very risky and could seriously backfire on us.
KH was making progress and the improvement has been seen by all.
I would think KH will be a little gutted really, I would if it was me.
Well the proof will be in that big fat football pudding, but the best of luck to Craig and who ever he brings in with him, but I don't think KH will remain in that team.
KH though would be a great asset to help bunny out.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2017, 04:28:32 PM »

He didn't apply for the job.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

youngchubby69

« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2017, 05:00:27 PM »

I didn't see that in the media, or is this inside information.

Steelihat

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2017, 05:12:46 PM »

Doesn't say financial agreement... we'll probably be playing them next pre-season!

Craig Wood, chairman of Evo-Stik League Premier club Shaw Lane AFC, has announced the departure of manager Craig Elliott.

Wood announced that his manager had decided to make the step up into the Vanarama National League North with Boston United.

Wood said: “Craig has this morning announced that he will be leaving the club with immediate effect to join Boston United as their first-team manager.

“Craig spoke to myself this morning to announce his decision and stated that he had not made the decision lightly, but felt that the opportunity to manage such a big club as Boston United does not come around too often. Craig is expected to take his backroom staff with him, although this has yet to be confirmed.

“Craig was appointed as manager of Shaw Lane AFC by myself in February 2014 and in that time has brought three promotions in four seasons as well as securing the Sheffield Senior Cup last season and took the club to the First Round proper of the Emirates FA Cup this season. Unfortunately, when a manager is as successful as Craig has been, then invariably it will attract attention from other clubs and, although Craig was under contract with Shaw Lane until 2019, an agreement has been reached between both clubs and I would like to thank Craig for the great work he has done in that time at our football club and I wish him well for the future.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2017, 06:46:06 PM »
With NPL being just below ConfNorth , the difference is approx 6 places .

You would think CE could carry it  8)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 07:01:22 PM by father Ted »

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2017, 07:03:59 PM »

I didn't see that in the media, or is this inside information.
In Standard last week

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2017, 07:27:35 PM »
So all in all do we think this is a potentially good appointment or not, I was surprised when I heard.
Never saw that coming, unless I missed it no one mentioned his name.
This is an ambitious appointment, but also very risky and could seriously backfire on us.
KH was making progress and the improvement has been seen by all.
Well the proof will be in that big fat football pudding, but the best of luck to Craig and who ever he brings in with him, but I don't think KH will remain in that team.
KH though would be a great asset to help bunny out.

I think many will go along with your top four lines chubby , and yes like all appointments it is a risk .
I don't see where Karl fits in now , bench warmer at the best I would think .  Guess the new manager would like him to leave to free up money for new signing/s .

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2017, 08:13:04 PM »
 As boring as it sounds Mr Elliot (like whoever else took it) has a massive job this season just keeping us in this league.
The table doesn't lie, 2nd bottom with just 4 wins from 18 games.
This season may be the most competitive the CN has ever been. Mid table may not exist until the final day of season as so many teams will scrap for that 7th place to get in play offs. That will only increase the pressure on other 2 drop places - with ferriby gone already.
It's been so much better last 3 games KH deserves much credit, as we also know teams always seem to lift it when the manager departs?
Tough start for CE Saturday, but let's face it the position we are in makes them all big games now. I didn't see Leamington, but if we play as we did Salford & Stockport we will get the points we need.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2017, 08:41:42 PM »

Craig Wood, chairman of Evo-Stik League Premier club Shaw Lane AFC, has announced the departure of manager Craig Elliott.

Wood announced that his manager had decided to make the step up into the Vanarama National League North with Boston United.

Wood said: “Craig has this morning announced that he will be leaving the club with immediate effect to join Boston United as their first-team manager.

“Craig spoke to myself this morning to announce his decision and stated that he had not made the decision lightly, but felt that the opportunity to manage such a big club as Boston United does not come around too often. Craig is expected to take his backroom staff with him, although this has yet to be confirmed.

“Craig was appointed as manager of Shaw Lane AFC by myself in February 2014 and in that time has brought three promotions in four seasons as well as securing the Sheffield Senior Cup last season and took the club to the First Round proper of the Emirates FA Cup this season. Unfortunately, when a manager is as successful as Craig has been, then invariably it will attract attention from other clubs and, although Craig was under contract with Shaw Lane until 2019, an agreement has been reached between both clubs and I would like to thank Craig for the great work he has done in that time at our football club and I wish him well for the future.

Thanks for that... doesn't really answer my post though, does it? "an agreement has been reached between both clubs"