Author Topic: Stockport take Town End!  (Read 12161 times)

pilgrim in exile

• View Profile
Re: Stockport take Town End!
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2017, 03:40:40 AM »
If the figure of 250 plus travelling fans means they get the town end what happened for the Chorley play off, didn't they get the York St end. As an older fan I've always thought of the York St end as the home end, but times change and if the  more vocal home fans want the town end surely that should be supported unless big travelling support is expected

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2017, 08:16:45 AM »
If the figure of 250 plus travelling fans means they get the town end what happened for the Chorley play off, didn't they get the York St end. As an older fan I've always thought of the York St end as the home end, but times change and if the  more vocal home fans want the town end surely that should be supported unless big travelling support is expected

TOTALLY DISAGREE!

Your argument seems to suggest that the Town Enders are more important than those at York Street because they're more vocal, but everyone pays their admission money so everyone deserves equal treatment. And those in the York Street end have as much right to stand in their favoured spot as anyone else. The only fair way of handling this is to alternate which stands have to be given up to away visitors whenever numbers dictate.

pilgrim in exile

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2017, 01:44:45 PM »
Apologies if that's how you have interpreted what I have said, in no way is any fan more important than any other, my point was more about having a fixed home end, different circumstances I know but you wouldn't see Liverpool give up the kop. I've watched utd from all 4 stands,usually from spayne Road now, and there is a different atmosphere in all 4 stands , but for cynical comedy you can't beat spayne road

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2017, 04:14:42 PM »
Official figures after half time said 174 away fans. It really is a pity that we can't come close to that ourselves on the Town End.
But who cares anyway, we're 2-0 to the good !  :laugh:

Maxross

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2017, 04:17:03 PM »
Patter will be quiet tonight.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2017, 04:58:24 PM »
Patter will be quiet tonight.
Not with us blowing a 2-0 lead it won't !

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2017, 05:29:01 PM »
We didnt blow it in my opinion. Ref who i thought was having a decent game until he give a free kick that led to the equalizer for a high boot that never was, and then played 8 mins extra time by my book, decided the result.

If they are full time and odds on to go up, it shows what a tight league it is. Jay Rollins back to his best, an 100% team effort good support, and a decent game, but does feel like a loss.

copper89

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2017, 05:40:53 PM »
So much credit to the players who gave everything and played some lovely stuff to and deserved to win. Less said about the refwho seemed to lose the plot at the end.

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2017, 06:17:10 PM »
For me best home performance so far. 100% commitment & we played some good stuff. For promotion chasers I thought they lacked any quality & they were so jammy to get a point. Seconds before they equalised Smithy so nearly made it 3-1.
When our 2nd went in they looked gone & it looked like we could win it 3 or more. Their free kick looked harsh & Willis obviously thought the left footer was taking it. Seconds away from 3 points players like fans gutted.
Hope fcum don't win that game in hand v Alfreton on Tues (h) or we fall 4 PTS adrift.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2017, 06:24:27 PM »
Official figures after half time said 174 away fans. It really is a pity that we can't come close to that ourselves on the Town End.
But who cares anyway, we're 2-0 to the good !  :laugh:

There's been a few games where I'd say there were 200 in the Town End.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2017, 06:47:26 PM »
Let's hope BUSA asks Newton the reasons for giving up the Town End!

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2017, 07:27:36 PM »
We didnt blow it in my opinion. Ref who i thought was having a decent game until he give a free kick that led to the equalizer for a high boot that never was, and then played 8 mins extra time by my book, decided the result.

If they are full time and odds on to go up, it shows what a tight league it is. Jay Rollins back to his best, an 100% team effort good support, and a decent game, but does feel like a loss.

Sorry ,but IMO WE DID BLOW IT! {I'm very sorry to say}...Five minutes of added time was indicated after 90 minutes,and if there was another two or three minutes it was because the Ref obviously allowed a bit more time allowing for the "Smith injury" stoppage {when he nearly made it 3-1}...If there are any positives to be had from this draw it is that we would probably have taken a draw prior to kick-off and we must learn to concentrate for 90 minutes!

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2017, 07:38:23 PM »
The Stockport supporters coach was parked near the town end exit ....straight out and on to coach with no mixing of opposing groups.....just guessing
Tbh I look forward to them moving back where I can hear them less.
Not impressed with their first half "display"..
Potty mouthed is a compliment.....
Gobbing  off at stewards....surely they must know that the adverts can't be covered???
Companies have sponsored that bit...they don't want it covered!
Singing the ridiculous "we want our Townend back" song seemed a bit childish to me....

The second half when they got over that nonsense and got behind the team was great...

Wyberton pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2017, 08:00:12 PM »
One of the Stockport players said the Town Enders in the York Street end were doing his head in when he went passed us at H/T . 

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2017, 09:30:47 PM »
I actually went to speak to the stewards during the game. It's pathetic really that the club continues to allow this rubbish to happen as soon as a remotely big name come down here. They've never brought anything like what warrants that end, never been any trouble, absolutely no reason for it except wanting an easy day. You'd never ever see another club give up a home end for us because we're Boston so why are we continuing to shafts our own fans who pay good money watching shite week in week out. I could cover a vanarama board but not a different one with my flags? Inconsistent