Author Topic: kings lynn  (Read 14347 times)

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: kings lynn
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2009, 10:19:58 PM »
just read a few posts on their forum and it seems they are still in the s**t! >:(

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2009, 10:30:57 PM »
Indeed it does, funds still due to be paid, chairman on holiday without contact at hour of need, Chinn not turning up to training to address the squad, manager telling them to find new clubs...  tough on them....

...are there any players we would want? ;D
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2009, 10:36:53 PM »
no!apparently they are all Leicester based.Im happy with the current squad ;D

Fairfax

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2009, 11:15:52 AM »
Latest from Eastern Daily Press site: Chinn has his toys in his hands and is checking the edge of his pram. He claims he has the money, but court still put off a decision, so Saturday's game is postponed. This means more points deducted so "might as well go into liquidation now."

Chairman claims he has a rescue plan, but can't invoke it while it's still Chinn's baby.

Maybe BUSA can organise a coach to Skeggy on Boxing Day. We might as well have a stroll on the sands so the day won't be entirely wasted.

Gus

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2009, 11:32:34 AM »
Or everyone could could go to the Pilgrim Lounge and have a good p*ss up anyway.

I do know a few who are not intending to tell 'her indoors' even if the match is off against Lynn, assuming we can't get anything else organised.

Seenbetter

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2009, 11:54:22 AM »
Perhaps John Blackwell could give a pole dancing demonstration in the bar, or is it on the bar.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2009, 11:57:40 AM »
Have a fans team play the players, auction off places
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Dave H

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2009, 01:28:46 PM »
Perhaps John Blackwell could give a pole dancing demonstration in the bar, or is it on the bar.

With the greatest of respect to JB I'd rather see us play at home to Stocksbridge!  (Though hopefully Kings Lynn will get sorted)

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2009, 02:59:48 PM »
from the unibond site

The League received confirmation at 5.00pm Wednesday 2nd December that Kings Lynn's application to have the winding up order that was placed on the club in the High Court the previous Wednesday 25th November had not been heard and is now scheduled for Wednesday 9th December.

After taking advice from the Football Association and after consultation with the Official Receiver's office Saturday's fixture North Ferriby United v Kings Lynn is postponed.

The League will not be making any further statement until after the result of the application to be heard on 9th December is known.

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2009, 07:03:52 PM »

With the greatest of respect to JB I'd rather see us play at home to Stocksbridge!  (Though hopefully Kings Lynn will get sorted)

If King's Lynn don't pull through and if we do end up playing Stocksbridge on Boxing Day, it'll mean we'll have three weeks in March without a competitive fixture. This is because the Stocksbridge home game is already abutted to what would have been a Newcastle Blue Star match. For a team challenging for promotion and/or play-offs, a three week break wouldn't be good for maintaining momentum?

So all things considered, would we be better off not having a game on Boxing Day?

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2009, 08:03:26 PM »

If King's Lynn don't pull through and if we do end up playing Stocksbridge on Boxing Day, it'll mean we'll have three weeks in March without a competitive fixture. This is because the Stocksbridge home game is already abutted to what would have been a Newcastle Blue Star match. For a team challenging for promotion and/or play-offs, a three week break wouldn't be good for maintaining momentum?

So all things considered, would we be better off not having a game on Boxing Day?

All things considered I suspect we need the cashflow as much as Kings Lynn need a business man backer that knows how to run a business .

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2009, 08:56:10 PM »

All things considered I suspect we need the cashflow as much as Kings Lynn need a business man backer that knows how to run a business .

I suspect it would be a big gate no matter who the opposition, so I'd bring any game forward possible and let us make some noise full of festive cheer.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2009, 10:15:21 PM »
King's Lynn would bring more than SPS
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

semion

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2009, 08:54:23 AM »
12 players signed  for, or in talks with other Clubs, Could be Kings Lynn R.I.P.  So looks like Boxing day with the Mother-in-law

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2009, 01:26:33 PM »
Have to admit that on hearing all of todays news it does seem like they have started to pass the point of hope