Author Topic: kings lynn  (Read 14341 times)

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
kings lynn
« on: December 02, 2009, 09:46:35 AM »
does anyone know the latest? boxing day fast approaching

les

• View Profile
Re: kings lynn
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 10:16:33 AM »
Carl Hegg said on Radio Norfolk this Morning that Michael Chinn had told him and the team that he had paid the tax bill and that Saturdays game at North Ferriby will go ahead.
They are supposed to be back at the High court this morning to get the winding up order recinded.

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 10:34:40 AM »
that would be good news hate to see clubs going under

ceamboy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 05:14:34 PM »
The latest news on Kings Lynn football club, 2/11/09                                                     

Radio Norfolk reported  on the 17-00hrs news broadcast today,   they have been told that Kings Lynn FC have been given another SEVEN days from today, to settle their debt!!!.

Stumpie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 06:18:46 PM »
see ya later kings lynn

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2009, 07:20:58 PM »
North Ferriby are saying their match is off this weekend so I'm assuming it'll be at least two points deducted when Chinny  actually finds the cash. Of course he's already gone spouting on to the press about how the bills would be paid today so much for that then.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2009, 07:29:01 PM »
North Ferriby are saying their match is off this weekend so I'm assuming it'll be at least two points deducted when Chinny  actually finds the cash. Of course he's already gone spouting on to the press about how the bills would be paid today so much for that then.

Why are you assuming it'll be 2 points deducted? Is there a precedence where a club has rescinded a winding up order and had a point deducted per league game missed?

The only case I know of is Hyde United being wound up and they missed a cup game, once they got the order rescinded they carried on as if nothing happened and played the cup game at a later date. So from this I would guess there would be no points deduction.

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2009, 07:36:07 PM »

Why are you assuming it'll be 2 points deducted? Is there a precedence where a club has rescinded a winding up order and had a point deducted per league game missed?

The only case I know of is Hyde United being wound up and they missed a cup game, once they got the order rescinded they carried on as if nothing happened and played the cup game at a later date. So from this I would guess there would be no points deduction.

Just a nagging memory that there have been precidents set for failing to fulfil fixtures where the host club looses points.  I'll google and see later

Pilgrims67

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2009, 07:38:48 PM »
May seem selfish here. But surely there should be a penalty for not completing their fixtures.
I can understand postponements on the basis of 'act of god' like weather. But not due to financial issues. Look at Durham.
Let's be clear here the fa would have hung us out to dry

Richie..p

• Numbskulls
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2009, 07:51:44 PM »
May seem selfish here. But surely there should be a penalty for not completing their fixtures.
I can understand postponements on the basis of 'act of god' like weather. But not due to financial issues. Look at Durham.
Let's be clear here the fa would have hung us out to dry

I've been watching the kings lynn forum with interest today and one piece of mitigation for Lynns game last saturday was that the pitch was waterlogged anyway.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2009, 08:36:44 PM »
Whilst I'm more than happy to have Boxing day back on, I hope that the waterlogged thing doesn't wash with the league and they get punished for not completing a fixture.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2009, 08:46:10 PM »
Here's one I'm sure there are more:

5 March, 2001

SPENNY PUNISHED
Spennymoor United have been docked one point and fined £1,000 for failing to play at Colwyn Bay recently. It is also understood they have to pay the Welsh club a compensatory sum.

les

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2009, 10:16:21 PM »
Official notice on Kings Lynn site says Saturdays game is postponed.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2009, 10:17:06 PM »
It seems their game on Saturday against North Ferriby is now cancelled according to their forum.Looks like its not sorted yet >:(

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2009, 10:17:32 PM »
you beat me Les