Author Topic: Who will be the Boston Utd new manager  (Read 32508 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Who will be the Boston Utd new manager
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2017, 10:35:33 PM »
Greg Fee and Dick Creasey

Greg and Dick have given good service to the club in the past ,  but no thank you .

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2017, 11:25:46 PM »
Billy Heath who isn't doing so well at Halifax.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2017, 11:37:31 PM »
Billy's doing ok. Two wins off a top three spot.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2017, 09:48:16 AM »
I think Richard Money still lives in the Peterborough area so could be him

He lives in Sutton Coldfield.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Pilgrim58

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2017, 01:06:38 PM »
give hawley & McGuire a chance for me, Mcguire is leader on the pitch

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2017, 02:04:27 PM »
they could well be worth a go, at least for the remainder of this season
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

youngchubby69

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2017, 04:50:53 PM »
It's a real tough one TTT, do we stick or twist I suppose that will depend on who applies for the job.
No matter what happens,we are going to have to spend some money, because we desperately need a few more quality players and they are not going to come cheap at this stage of the season.
As from what I saw last night,we cannot finish a move off, and the opposition know this.
Don't get me wrong I love Greg Smith, but he his not skillful and quick enough for this league.
Pidge had him in his pocket last night and Greg couldn't flick the ball on much, and when he tried to hold it with his body, he couldn't turn and bring players into play, that's because sadly he doesn't trust that ankle, you can see it in his body language.
We might have to loose him in the end as I don't think he would be happy as a defender.

ceamboy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2017, 04:57:33 PM »

No way No way, same old same old, who do you think was first team coach  with AM, we don’t want novices , now is the time to get a manager who knows the league we are playing in, by looking at what the chairman said in his statement on AMs departure the board also want that type of manager,with experience and contacts in our league, there are plenty of applicants who want the job, surely some of those know this league and the type of player they need in their team.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 10:47:11 PM by ceamboy »

Shrimperpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2017, 06:12:32 PM »
Have to agree with the above post keep McGuire as a player but don't give the old assistants the job.
Let's not get carried away with the slight improvement last night as after all they will have all upped their games new manager syndrome and playing top of the league side.
This appointment is vital to the future of the club it must be thought through and the manager must have contacts and experience of this league.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2017, 08:55:23 PM »

No way No way, same old same old, who do you think was first team coach  with AM, we don’t want novices , now is the time to get a manager who knows the league we are playing in, by looking at what the chairman said in his statement on AMs departure the board also want that type of manger,with experience and contacts in our league, there are plenty of applicants who want the job, surely some of those know this league and the type of player they need in their team.
earlier in the week somebody posted with KH at the helm, then maybe a more attacking approach might be something he employed. Well, last night we saw 1 less defensive player, replaced by another attacking option, and a link man for the front 3 in Harry Vince. I know we were beaten, but I thought a much better performance generally, with a more conventional back 4, who with an odd exception, I thought looked more like a unit. I agree with other posters that GS is maybe not the man for the #9 shirt, and rather than fight Pidge with strength, we might have been better using the extra speed of Kabi. But for a first game I thought it was positive in many areas. We even used the good surface and played the ball on the deck for some of the game.
Maybe long term, experience and contacts are desirable qualities, but short term, KH could be the answer? There's some tough games ahead, so whoever's at the helm needs a fair crack at it. Success and safety won't come easily, so time to dig in, whoever gets the job.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2017, 08:48:19 AM »

No way No way, same old same old, who do you think was first team coach  with AM, we don’t want novices , now is the time to get a manager who knows the league we are playing in, by looking at what the chairman said in his statement on AMs departure the board also want that type of manger,with experience and contacts in our league, there are plenty of applicants who want the job, surely some of those know this league and the type of player they need in their team.
earlier in the week somebody posted with KH at the helm, then maybe a more attacking approach might be something he employed. Well, last night we saw 1 less defensive player, replaced by another attacking option, and a link man for the front 3 in Harry Vince. I know we were beaten, but I thought a much better performance generally, with a more conventional back 4, who with an odd exception, I thought looked more like a unit. I agree with other posters that GS is maybe not the man for the #9 shirt, and rather than fight Pidge with strength, we might have been better using the extra speed of Kabi. But for a first game I thought it was positive in many areas. We even used the good surface and played the ball on the deck for some of the game.
Maybe long term, experience and contacts are desirable qualities, but short term, KH could be the answer? There's some tough games ahead, so whoever's at the helm needs a fair crack at it. Success and safety won't come easily, so time to dig in, whoever gets the job.

Agree with your positive comments re match v Salford TTT.    I think KH will get 2 more matches to show his potential as a manager and if he shows positive signs DN will give him an extended trial .   Alternatively he will have to shift through the applications of failed managers and decide which one to risk with the job . 
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 08:51:20 AM by green hats mate »

Endeavour fm sports

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2017, 03:19:10 PM »
the Scarboro boss Kittrick has ruled himself out of the job.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2017, 03:51:28 PM »
the Scarboro boss Kittrick has ruled himself out of the job.

That's a relief .  Left Telford in a similar sort of mess as AM left us .

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2017, 05:02:37 PM »
What I’d like to know is who rules in all these managers that rule themselves out :)
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

youngchubby69

« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2017, 05:21:27 PM »
Richard Mooney had resigned his position from Solihull Moors, or is that old news.