Author Topic: Murray gone  (Read 30469 times)

youngchubby69

Re: Murray gone
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2017, 05:26:13 PM »

Everyone expected Hurst to go from Grimsby when Scott was sacked, but he stayed and did well.

Did they? Scott was sacked for off-field matters, so Hurst was unaffected.

Yes the fans thought he would go, they were both massive mates, but that is not the case now for certain.
I spoke to many Grimsby fans last season and they said what I am saying, they also said that Grimsby offered to cancel his contract, but Hurst declined.
After all it's only fan talk, so it all could be all conjecture.

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2017, 05:54:56 PM »
 Jamie McGuire as his assistant? Never seen him play but people I have spoken to said he's a fighter, probably what we need out there at the moment.

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

youngchubby69

« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2017, 06:12:10 PM »
Jamie McGuire as his assistant? Never seen him play but people I have spoken to said he's a fighter, probably what we need out there at the moment.
We need some passion that's for sure.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2017, 06:25:46 PM »

Everyone expected Hurst to go from Grimsby when Scott was sacked, but he stayed and did well.

Did they? Scott was sacked for off-field matters, so Hurst was unaffected.

Yes the fans thought he would go, they were both massive mates, but that is not the case now for certain.
I spoke to many Grimsby fans last season and they said what I am saying, they also said that Grimsby offered to cancel his contract, but Hurst declined.
After all it's only fan talk, so it all could be all conjecture.
just to clarify, he wasn't sacked for off field matters, he was sacked for a racial comment made during a game to one of his own players who got himself sent off, as the player walked off the field. Before anybody doubts my post, I worked with the guy who was the fourth official. He gave evidence at an fa hearing stating the above. However good mates the two may have been, there's no place in football for racism, and I can see why the innocent party stayed where he was, rather than follow his mate.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2017, 07:09:23 PM »
I worry the Board as such do not have good enough ongoing connects in the next manager stakes .
  The closing date is too tight . with a caretaker now in .
     Wonder if DN is getting peed off  ? :-X
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 09:32:12 PM by father Ted »

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2017, 07:44:57 PM »
I worry the Board as such do not have good enough ongoing connects in the next manager stakes .
  The closing date seems a bit tight .. wonder if DN is getting peed off  ? :-X

If you ignore Shorty and Shouty plus Dennis - David Newton's choice of managers isn't what I would call a success.

With only 6 days for candidates to apply I worry that the next appointment won't be any better than some of the less successful ones he has appointed previously.  2 out of the last 3 didn't deliver but were very good at talking.  If the next appoinment fails will DN throw in the towel?

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2017, 07:50:43 PM »
I may not have been a fan of AM's style etc, but I will say one thing has definitely improved under his reign. The pitch looks bloody good, but then it would do if the ball spends so long in the air!
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2017, 07:56:41 PM »
Yes much as my summation ,, needs more time and an established  Mr Football board member  ???

mike brolly boots

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2017, 08:03:27 PM »
Not giving himself much time to get a new manager , to get the right I would think would take more than a week sounds like someone is already lined up for it

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2017, 08:16:45 PM »
Not ideal for reasons given .. time for a few names ?   

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2017, 08:52:10 PM »
Not ideal for reasons given .. time for a few names ?
Mark Bower

youngchubby69

« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2017, 09:22:09 PM »
Perhaps Hawley is not planning to stay long, and that's why they have only put a week on it.
Or like has been said before someone is already lined up for the job.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2017, 09:23:38 PM »
  The closing date seems a bit tight .. wonder if DN is getting peed off  ? :-X

If you ignore Shorty and Shouty plus Dennis - David Newton's choice of managers isn't what I would call a success.

With only 6 days for candidates to apply I worry that the next appointment won't be any better than some of the less successful ones he has appointed previously.  2 out of the last 3 didn't deliver but were very good at talking.  If the next appoinment fails will DN throw in the towel?

I think your concerns over next appointment is justified , I'm sure DN is more than capable of picking the best candidate ,but if there is no ideal applicants it's a case of picking the best of what's on offer .  Probably the reason AM landed the job without CN experience .   Contrary to what some fans think Boston is not the ideal base to attract managers /players .  Credit due to Adam or DN the moving of our base near to motorway should make it easier for us to attract manager/players , sadly Adam failed on recruitment even with this advantage .

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2017, 09:24:42 PM »
just to clarify, he wasn't sacked for off field matters, he was sacked for a racial comment made during a game

To me, that is an off-field matter - he wasn't sacked due to poor results, is how I should have phrased it.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

youngchubby69

« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2017, 09:38:08 PM »
I wouldn't want the job that's for sure,so you can rule me out.
There is a guy on BUFC Facebook that been wanting the job for ages, those who go on there will no what I am talking about.
Has big Sam got a job, because he has got a good record at keeping clubs up.😉