Author Topic: Murray gone  (Read 30560 times)

dubai camel

• View Profile
Re: Murray gone
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2017, 06:32:59 AM »
Eye off the ball (no pun intended) whilst the stadium build is in progress?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2017, 07:20:38 AM »
I cant see much light at all..
 You could be thinking at this time the only potential new good managers would never come here . :(

I go long with that Ted ,   many fans will not accept the limitations of the club .   Plenty will still tell us that not gaining promotion is failure,
while at the same time are unable to explain where to obtain the funding to compete with the likes of Salford .

youngchubby69

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2017, 08:45:07 AM »
Yes GHM you and Ted are right, the funding is always going to be an issue, even when the new Stadium is built.
Many clubs have perished even with a new stadium, look at Darlington for example.
If Dennis does get the job he will be working with not much more than he had before.
I do believe that him and David Newton still have a good working relationship, DN has said many times that it was the hardest decision he has had to make at the club when he ended Dennis tenure, because he really liked him and enjoyed working with him.
So I think he would welcome Dennis back, and perhaps now things have settled down for him, getting married and becoming a father, this may now be just the right time to make his own come back.

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2017, 10:01:43 AM »
Such similarities with us & York city last season. McNamara went in & promised them quick return to the FL. The board gave all he asked for, including 20 new players & fans were expectant - why wouldn't they be he'd played & managed at a much higher level. Come the following October he was sacked as the sat 4th bottom.
They hoped they had gone for a safe pair of hands with the return of Gary Mills but with over half the season left he failed to keep them up.
Let's hope the next manager here immediately lifts the gloom & lack of spirit thats infected the club since the southport debacle. It will be good to see a team again rather than a bunch of individuals lacking any understanding or belief in how they were supposed to be playing.

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2017, 01:23:40 PM »
Well at least Adam has done the right thing, albeit way too late. I only hope that this blot on his c.v. will not damage his chances of potential future work in football and that he does find success elsewhere. I think that it is 99.9% certain that Dennis will be in charge by next weekend. Sadly, it is way too late to achieve anything this season apart from mid-table security thanks to Mr Murray's miserable extended stay with the business.
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2017, 03:24:49 PM »
Hawley has now taken temporary charge ! Thoughts .........

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2017, 03:27:00 PM »
 :'(
senior player, asst manager, why not short term?
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2017, 03:40:51 PM »
Only option if no one lined up .  Not very excited but we will have to support him .  Will be interesting to hear if he is looking to apply for the job .

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2017, 03:56:57 PM »
The one positive is he is a forward so may say to them "go out and win" as opposed to go out and don't lose".

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2017, 04:50:11 PM »
The one positive is he is a forward so may say to them "go out and win" as opposed to go out and don't lose".
It could be as simple as that Oxo. A bit more freedom to just go out & play & express themselves. Can't see him being one for sentiment & hopefully he can get them believing  & winning again? Maybe keep it simple too, pass it about, use the wingers etc. He must have seen enough this season & have his own ideas on the problems.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2017, 04:57:00 PM »
:'(
senior player, asst manager, why not short term?
I'd say its the best choice to make short term and if results improve then he'll at least be a name on the shortlist. The main thing is we need to improve, be more attack minded. Just my opinion of course. If I had all the answers I'd throw my name into the ring  :laugh:

youngchubby69

« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2017, 05:02:33 PM »
It could be as simple as that Oxo. A bit more freedom to just go out & play & express themselves. Can't see him being one for sentiment & hopefully he can get them believing  & winning again? Maybe keep it simple too, pass it about, use the wingers etc. He must have seen enough this season & have his own ideas on the problems.

Well you both could be right, you never know he might have wanted the job anyway.
Players no how to get rid of a poor manager, I know I have done it, it's easy loose games.
Not saying that's happened, but most assistant managers walk out with the manager.
Everyone expected Hurst to go from Grimsby when Scott was sacked, but he stayed and did well.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2017, 05:14:07 PM »
Slight risk is that if AM doesnt get fixed up he may be in the background  . . :blank:

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2017, 05:18:55 PM »

Everyone expected Hurst to go from Grimsby when Scott was sacked, but he stayed and did well.

Did they? Scott was sacked for off-field matters, so Hurst was unaffected.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

nikko

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2017, 05:23:04 PM »
DG has ruled himself out on his twitter account....