Author Topic: Today v Brackley  (Read 24025 times)

youngchubby69

Re: Today v Brackley
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2017, 06:02:43 PM »
Green in the stands taking notes today, I would love to see the look on Andy's face if he reinstated.
I would love it, let's hope it happens.
Just stay off the social media DG.

I.hope.ur right or is this just bullshit
Well four people texted in to Radio Lincolnshire saying the same thing.
Fingers crossed

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2017, 06:04:49 PM »
Could be it then .. DG was just on a sabbatical  ..

If it is DG again I hope he gets someone to organise the defense .

Bet  GHM has a warm feeling tonite   ::)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 06:06:42 PM by father Ted »

mike brolly boots

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2017, 06:06:35 PM »
If it is I hope he gets someone to sort his social media too

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2017, 06:15:28 PM »
I have nothing against AM but I do believe he didn't understand NL football.
You don't need fancy managers, you need a manager who's been there and got several tee shirts.
If he walks, or is shoved, I feel sorry for the bloke. He talks a good game but sadly he hasn't got the skill to put in into practice.
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Franketh

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2017, 06:18:16 PM »
Would like to see Greene back, he had half a bad season out of 4 with probably a smaller budget. Victim of his own success, I honestly don't care about the social media etc if he gets results.

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2017, 06:23:42 PM »
It's almost November and Murray still doesn't know his starting 11.
He has to go otherwise we won't be in this league next season and the gates will be even lower.

He has had his chance and failed miserably.

Keynsham Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2017, 06:33:10 PM »
It was a correct call, at the time, for Greene to go as he appeared to have assembled a poor team who would throw in the towel as soon as they went 1-0 down. For the Greene defenders then please let’s not forget Fylde last year amongst other examples. He did fantastically for the previous 3 seasons but appeared to run out of ideas with a team that was not as good as previously.

As for Murray: I had great hopes for this year with the lines given and pre-season results but was concerned from the Hednesford result as this was the first one that seemed to matter, in hindsight. Southport confirmed that and set the tone.

The issues appeared to be location when attracting players and so he moved where we trained by this hasn’t worked. Unlike some, I am more than happy with using technology such as gps in training but again this doesn’t give an advantage.

I do not wish to call for anyone to lose their job and the impact that has on an individual and their family but I love my club more than that and so it is now time to say thank you Adam, and goodbye.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2017, 06:35:10 PM »
As one who was sorry to see DG go and particularly in the way he went I would really love to see him turn it around.... It won't be easy but hopefully his contacts might help him out.
It's an interesting few weeks, possibly days.
AM has a lot of qualities and wish he could turn this situation around, however I'm not 100% sure that this is one of his qualities.
We have used almost the equivalent of three different teams this year and his first choice 11 remain a mystery ....l
Much like DG last year some players have not delivered for him .
So glad I'm self employed and don't have around a thousand "inspectors" watching me each week!
I hope whether AM carries on or who ever comes in they get a big dose of luck.....they're going to need it
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 06:38:48 PM by howmanynames2pick »

mike brolly boots

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2017, 06:41:24 PM »
I have no axe to grind against Murray I never thought he was the right choice I would have gone for Frecklington who did want the job or anyone from the conference north or a level below . Having managed in the league is never a guarantee of success you need someone who knows the league and the players . I understand his reasons for taking the job but he's doing his reputation no good and looks like a rabbit in the headlights . I never wanted DG to go but for me his social media left no choice but if I was to get a Manager in to sort this mess out he would be a first point of call , knows the club the town and the players in this league . I don't think he will come back but I would love to see it and be excited about watching again

jelangley

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2017, 06:42:44 PM »
I dont know Adam but a personality is crucial, and he doesnt appear to have one, dull, unenergetic and uninspiring.  DG catches the eye, always had time yto speak to my little lads, it seems.forced with Adam- same in any job, playrs respond to good communication, at a a personable level.  I think DG was approachable but i dont think AM is

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2017, 06:46:29 PM »
Green in the stands taking notes today, I would love to see the look on Andy's face if he reinstated.
I would love it, let's hope it happens.
Just stay off the social media DG.

Don't know what Greene was putting in his notes chubby ,   but at half time I thought I heard him ask Andy who was sitting alongside him 
" how do you spell job application ".  :)

jelangley

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2017, 06:50:53 PM »
Its all fitting into place - DG asked to.visit today by DN to prepare to take the helm until end of season, keep us up and the jobs urs.  I think AM new he was here and knows hes going.....stand by for announcments

mike brolly boots

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2017, 06:56:56 PM »
Its all fitting into place - DG asked to.visit today by DN to prepare to take the helm until end of season, keep us up and the jobs urs.  I think AM new he was here and knows hes going.....stand by for announcments

If only

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2017, 07:18:05 PM »
Before this thread ( Today v Brackley ) gets any dafter I would actually like to make a comment on the game. I have been calling for Vince ( Local Lad )to be included for weeks now and what a difference we saw in the second half when Wakefield one of our worst players was replaced by Vince, we immediately saw movement and passing and a little calmness on the ball. Who knows another local lad Adams if he ever gets a chance could prove his worth. However, AM doesn't rate them although he talks them up.   

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2017, 07:24:35 PM »
Could be it then .. DG was just on a sabbatical  ..

If it is DG again I hope he gets someone to organise the defense .

Bet  GHM has a warm feeling tonite   ::)

If you look through my posts Ted you will see I enjoyed watching DG teams but have stated players and managers often disappoint second time round .
My hope is that Adam quickly recovers from a very stressful job and finds less demanding employment .