Author Topic: Rent  (Read 10540 times)

Pride of Bostonshire

• View Profile
Rent
« on: December 01, 2009, 07:52:33 PM »
I don't know if this has been mentioned on here but apparently the game on Saturday nearly didn't go ahead.

From what I've been told the club failed to pay the rent due on York St, it was only DN paying out of his own pocket that ensured the gates weren't locked.

I don't know about anyone else but I'm more than a little worried about that, DN can't and wont keep paying forever.

Shodfried

Re: Rent
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 07:56:26 PM »
And why should he.......?

What he and Neil have done is above and beyond the call of duty already, the handouts can't go on for ever.

We've a big 12 months in front of this club, the sooner a site is found for a new ground and planning granted the better.

Pride of Bostonshire

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 08:02:26 PM »

I wasn't suggesting he should. I echo your comments about what DN and NK have achieved at this club.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 08:10:52 PM »
I knew we where still far from clear but didn't realise it was still that bad. The fans (myself included) seem to have taken our eye off thing's like save the pilgrims, perhaps we need to redouble our efforts.

Shodfried

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2009, 08:15:53 PM »

I wasn't suggesting he should. I echo your comments about what DN and NK have achieved at this club.

No, sorry for any offence there, the fact is though there are people out there who will expect them to keep up the handouts.

Makes that 71 quid look a bit futile really doesn't it? :-\

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2009, 08:26:31 PM »

No, sorry for any offence there, the fact is though there are people out there who will expect them to keep up the handouts.

Cock, forgot about that
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2009, 08:40:16 PM »
POD!are you sure about this?Apparently the same thing happened at East Kirby on Saturday.The farmer refused to open his gates until he was paid from the carboot organisers ;D

Richie..p

• Numbskulls
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2009, 10:52:36 PM »
lets hope then that Lynn do not get wound up tomorrow then. 1. It would be awful to see them go. 2. We need the £20000/25000 gate receipt/sales from the boxing day derby.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2009, 07:56:40 AM »
Appears Micky C has produced or found someone who will produce the required funds to fend off the wolves.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2009, 11:59:05 AM »
As I said last week there was always a danger supporters would fall into a comfort zone and take their eye of the fact that the club is still in a precarious position. Whether David did or didn't have to do what has been sugested the fact is the club needs funds.
Patrick posted that He hoped the Trust would move forward with fund raising at the AGM. What I can say is that everyone who is concerned about the club and its future are invited to the Trust AGM at the conservative club at 1 30pm on Saturday 12th December prior to the Bradford game. It matters not if you are a member we would welcome your attendance and any input or sugestions that are good for the club. We have a fundraising idea to launch that could involve all supporters members or not, So please come along and tell us what you think.
YOUR CLUB NEEDS YOUR HELP, IT DESERVES YOUR HELP. LETS ALL GET TOGETHER AND REWARD DAVID, NEIL, AND CHRIS FOR THEIR GREAT WORK BY DOING OUR BIT. 

Mr Tickle

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2009, 04:39:50 PM »

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not really mate.  That £71 went in the right direction I bet.  Be nice if they could find another few hundred people to do the same!

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2009, 05:57:26 PM »
 I feel a ground-share coming on ..
 Could we could g / share with Lincoln City maybe ?

cappo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2009, 08:52:36 PM »
I feel a ground-share coming on ..
 Could we could g / share with Lincoln City maybe ?
WHAT  :o :o :o bloody hell things aint that bad,come to think about it could it ever  ???
"till saturday comes"

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2009, 10:03:35 PM »
If it ensured the survival of the club then i would take a groundshare anyday

aggy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2009, 07:56:04 AM »
Sharing with KL would me a millions times more preferable than that lot up a hill!