Author Topic: It's a results game!  (Read 22914 times)

youngchubby69

Re: It's a results game!
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2017, 03:50:07 PM »
It's not harsh, its the truth.
But God I wish it wasn't.

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2017, 05:45:26 PM »
Well last year he blamed the pitch and now we have a great pitch but I cannot remember at any time this side trying to get it down and play during his abysmal tenure.
  The big problem we have got is we are so predictable in our style of play. Brackley & Salford will know exactly what to expect from us. We have made it easy for the away sides to take advantage of our excellent playing surface. They play through us easily picking up so much possession from our long hopeful punts.
It makes you wonder what's being practiced in the training sessions? What it sounds like from recent post match interviews is that they work hard on short passing stuff; then come Saturday it all goes out the window & it gets the hoof?? Lack of Confidence has been touted about since the Southport defeat. Is it not more of a losing mentality due to inept long ball tactics? Surely confidence would come from keeping a bit of possession, through passing the ball to team mates & getting it back etc.
The other thing as the dismal run of results show the hoofball has achieved zilch; so how's confidence gonna return from hoofing it?
Change the record Adam for the team & the fans.

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2017, 07:16:14 PM »
In his Radio Lincs interview tonight he is now blaming the  3 hours 15 minutes they all meet for training each week, as it's taking longer for the players to gel.  I thought they trained in the Midlands (Mansfield) to make it easier for travelling etc.  So if they are training 2 or 3 times a week they aren't together for long if the total time is just 3 hours 15 minutes.   How did it work when Dennis Greene was manager?

I don't think the players are playing for the manager, and think any other manager could get so much more out of them.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2017, 07:29:08 PM »
Thought Dennis spoke very well, just a pity he lost it towards the end of his tenure at the club.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2017, 07:40:23 PM »
Thought Dennis spoke very well, just a pity he lost it towards the end of his tenure at the club.

Dennis did speak very well, unlike  Adam Murray in his interview, who gave the impression he hasn't a clue what he is doing.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2017, 08:04:56 PM »
In his Radio Lincs interview tonight he is now blaming the  3 hours 15 minutes they all meet for training each week, as it's taking longer for the players to gel.  I thought they trained in the Midlands (Mansfield) to make it easier for travelling etc.  So if they are training 2 or 3 times a week they aren't together for long if the total time is just 3 hours 15 minutes.   How did it work when Dennis Greene was manager?

I don't think the players are playing for the manager, and think any other manager could get so much more out of them.

Very sad , came into the job giving himself a big build up which didn't stand up to scrutiny ,  promised big changes which the chairman backed with cash .  AM outlined his radical plans only for us all to see them fail abysmally contrary  to what he tells us .  Never shy of apportioning blame I think Adams legacy will be,  " Not my fault Guv ".
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 08:07:29 PM by green hats mate »

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2017, 08:10:51 PM »
We will win tomorrow and all will be rosy 😁

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2017, 09:22:41 PM »
We will win tomorrow and all will be rosy 😁
more likely we lose tomorrow and the fans unrest and negativity will increase again, but the manager will have another list of ready made excuses, and still have his job, whilst the table will show us floundering ever more towards Ferriby and the trap door towards the Stickystuff League. The only thing "rosy" will be Adam Chapman's face as he berates the other subs for not warming up in the right manner.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

mike brolly boots

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2017, 10:00:46 PM »
Beginning to have a bit of de ja vu back to when fatty surrounded himself with his mates

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2017, 10:24:27 PM »
Lose tomorrow and Murray can expect a hostile crowd.  He signed the players (apart from 1 or 2),  it's his tactics.  Good pitch.  He is responsible and had to accept the consequences.  No doubt he will disappear into the dugout.

But he won't be looking forward to Tuesdays match - its enough to drive you to drink............... :o

aggy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2017, 02:24:26 PM »
Thank you for stepping aside Adam. I am sure this is the best outcome for the club and yourself.

Your tenacity deserves respect as does your decision to call it a day.

Best wishes for your future in the game.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2017, 03:27:06 PM »
Thank you for stepping aside Adam. I am sure this is the best outcome for the club and yourself.

Your tenacity deserves respect as does your decision to call it a day.

Best wishes for your future in the game.

Certainly appeared to have the work ethic which kills no one according to the oldies ,  but the stress that goes with a job is liable to ruin ones health .  Adam made the right decision in time .  Hope he quickly gets a job in football , but not management .